Thankyou For All Your Support Everyone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachel_1984

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

First of all I would just like to say the biggest and most heartfelt thankyou to you all for all your messages of help, support, love and advice. I couldnt believe how many people were genuinely interested and concerned about me, and that has helped me so much over the past few days. You guys are the greatest, and I certainly could neve of imagined having so much support and guidance at such at difficult time.

I am finally back home, alongside my Mum, and its such a big relief to be back on home turf. I know many of you are wondering what has been going on, and so I'd like to explain, but I hope none of you will judge too soon. I would just like to give you my thoughts and feelings.

I was chatting to you all on Thursday afternoon after what had happened, adn finally Serkan's uncle arrived home, also accompanied by Serkan and his cousin. I left the living room and began packing my bags in the bedroom. His uncle (unaware of what had happend, even though they had all just been to the barber together) came into the room, and I began to cry and told him I was leaving. I explained what had happened and he couldnt believe that Serkan could ever act like that towards me. I told him that it was the end for me and Serkan, there was no way I would reconsider, and I was leaving his house to return home.

He wouldnt stand for me leaving and didnt want me walking around in a foreign country. His uncle really is the most kind, caring and sensible Turkish man I have ever met. He told me he wanted an explanation from Serkan, and left the room where I continued to pack.

Around ten minutes later, Serkan came to the bedroom and said that the marriage obviuosly wasnt working, that he would return to Turkey to arrange the divorce and that he didnt want anything else from me. I agreed to this, and gave him the Aile Cuzdani. I persisted to his uncle that I wanted to leave, but he said that I should stay with him and he would be there to stop anything else from happening. I have seen his uncle put Serkan in his place on many occasions, and so felt safe with the agreement.

Serkan insisted he wouldnt be coming to England the next day (I tried and failed miserably to get a flight home on Thursday), which I couldnt have really cared less about. His uncle still wanted to fly however, as he has friends over here. I didnt have a problem as I knew I would be home safe with Mum. I slept early that evening, and left Serkan and his uncle talking in the living room.

I woke on Friday morning to the shock that all three of us would be flying to England, but still I presumed Serkan would be staying with his uncle, and he needed to collect some belongings from my house anyway. In the taxi on the way to the airport, Serkan started talking to me, pretending everything was OK, to which I replied that I didnt want to be with him anymore as I couldnt trust him or forgive him for his behaviour. Several times he replied OK, as long as you know that you have made this decision and not me, and I told him yes, it is my decision and I am sure.

Whilst waiting to board the plane, he then started telling me that he was so wrong for what he had done, that it was wrong because I am weak and cant defend myself. He admitted he had a temper problem, and said that upon return to Turkey he would go to see the physciatric doctor. He apologised time and again and swore it wouldnt happen again. I explained how hurt, embarrased and scared I had been, and that I couldnt live in fear of somebody like that. He continued to tell me that he was sorry, and the same thing would neve re-occur.

We all boarded the plane, and still I was keeping it cool and sticking to my word that I couldnt cope anymore. His uncle assured me that he had given Serkan the bollocking of his life (and I truly believe that for once Serkan was scared) and I trusted his uncle when he said that things would change. Slowly I softened, and before long all three of us were at my house.

I told Serkan that my feelings for him have changed, that I cant trust him, and I need time to work out what I want. His uncle told him time and again that I am right, that after such a thing, nothing comes easily, and that if he really wants to save his marriage, he needs to give it time and effort.

Things have been the calmest since the day we got married, and we continue to be civil with each other. He is trying 110% to correct everything, but over the past two days I just havnt given a s**t anymore, and although at times I can honestly see he his trying not to let our marriage end, there are so many times when I think I couldnt really give a toss about him anymore.

I know most of you will disagree, but I chose not to tell my Mum as I couldnt stand her to go through more hurt. She is having a hard few days after her chemotherapy on Wednesday, and I just couldnt stand to see her in anymore pain. Although she is my Mum, I feel that if I tell you all on here, I have the same amount of support that she would give me, and at the same time, she doesnt have any extra worry. You have all been like a mother, best friend and sister rolled into one, and again I cant thank you all enough.

So now I bet you're all thinking how stupid I am for having him in my house and trying to work his way back in my life, and yes, a big part of me thinks I am stupid too. But, to be honest, I need this time with him here before he returns back toTurkey to make me realise if he his going to change, or if in fact I do still want him in my life or not. As you all know, he has had no problem arguing and acting the git in front of my Mum before, and if it should happen again, then he can sod off back to Turkey in 12 days time, and I can stay at home and start my life anew.

Nobody wants to see their marriage fail, but the past few days have given me so much strength and confidence, that the first sign of any nastiness, temper etc, I now can stand up tall and say loud, I dont need you in my life anymore, I have all I need and more without you being there. I know for a fact that at the moment my feelings for him are at an all time low, and even he can see that. For the first time he has seen that I in fact dont need him in my life at all, that I do have so much without him, and I really do believe he is know actually worried about losing me.

So I am going to see how the next few days work out- whether I do start getting the love and emotion back that I had so much of once before, or if in fact my instincts are right and I can say thankyou for waking me up and showing me another direction in my life that doesnt include you.

I hope that you may all continue to support me in the way you have done so far. Im sure the post I am writing now is not the one you all wanted to see, but please give me a little more time to get my head straight, and who knows what will be the outcome. If I decide to call it a day, then I know I can count on you all as you have been the best friends a girl could wish for. However, if I do decide to give it another chance, please dont turn your back on me and say that it will all happen again, and that he wont change. That will be my mistake to find out, but as I said, I have the new found strength now to turn my back and close the door on this chapter in my life.

You really do all mean the world to me.

Love and hugs always
Rachel xxxx

I'm just glad you are ok - no-one here will think badly of you whatever happens, a lot of us have had our own problems with relationships and it is hard work. I understand you not telling your mum at the moment as my mum has cancer and I think I would do the same as you have done, just don't want to cause upset do we? I'm glad you are home safe and well.:hug:

just glad to hear you are ok.

its great to know that youre safe and ok
xx

no one will judge you with whatever decision you make. i think we are glad that you are safe and sound at your mums.
take care xxxx

hi Rach im glad youve posted.

ONLY YOU know what the future holds for you both.

Its very easy to look from the outside in and see black and white but if your in the situation yourself its very different.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide.....but please dont tollerate any more violence from him.

Amb x

oh sweetheart no one but no one will feel disappointed with you on here.
at the end of the day your are a human being with human feelings and alot of us do understand the predicament your in, at least now you are on home soil with your family and like you have said you have found a new found inner strength.
we were so worried for you and no one is going to judge you for sticking with him or leaving him......thats not what we are here for hun....as sounding boards as agony aunts...so dont stop posting your problems no matter what
we are here for each other no matter what any of us go through.
so glad you are ok though hun

Hi. Im really glad you are safe and ok. You must not feel embarassed or think that anyone will think badly of you. This decision is a hard one and one you can only make yourself when you are more sure in your own head. I also do not blame you for not telling your mum at the mo as it is a tough time for her. Ive only been a member on here a couple of weeks but you can count on my support whatever you decide. I have not been through what you have but have a friend who has (the girl I described in my last post) she is back with her fella and he is on probation and has to go to anger management for what he did to her. I hope you make thr right choice for yourself whatever it may be. xx

Its nice to hear off you, I am sure you will make the right decision for you :Love:

I'm pleased your ok hun - i have been thinking about you loads

Don't worry what we think - from reading your thread you seem to have your head screwed on & seem to be in control, you don't seem like you will fall for any crap lol!!

The only thing i will say is - don't just get back with him so you don't upset your mum - i hope you don't mind me saying that

Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Rachel it is just good to know you are home safe an well.
What you choose to do with your life is entirely up to you, but whatever you choose i wish you well.

We all have our problems and deal with them in our own ways, but its always nice to know that you have people who love and care for you, who will suport you no matter what road you choose to take, just stay safe and live an learn.

You take care always
Luv 'n' hugs
Christi
x

youve had us all worried. i do hope you resolve things soon, so you can move on.

Glad your ok and all the best

Hey Rachel

I think you have done the best and bravest thing, which is to face right up to the situation and take time to sort out your feelings properly. It is a huge decision to end a marriage, despite anything that has gone on, and now if you do walk away, you will now do it, because that is what feels right as opposed to a gut reaction, which you may have always questioned.

Good luck, babe, you sound like a remarkably together person given what you've gone through, you will have friends on here no matter what you choose...who support your choice!

Whatever your future, I'm sure you'll be smiling again soon.

Lyndsay xx

Glad you are home safelyxxx

Hi,

even though we have not met, I too had a similar situation, suffice to say that we each make our own desicion, let yours be the one for you, and know it in your heart and your head. Know also that in your gut you know the right decision and the right time.

take time out for yourself and no matter what any one else may say to you - to thine own self be true!!!

Glad to hear your okay Rachel. xx :hug: :hug:

Glad you are safe and well Rachel and hope everything gets better for you soon.:hug:

I am so glad that you are back in the UK safe and sound. Whatever decision you come to we will support you all the way. Please make sure you take your time and really think this through even if it means Serkan going back to Turkey without you for a while, as you need to be very sure that things will change for the better before committing yourself to going back to live there. Whatever the end result I wish you all the luck in the world with your future life.:hug:

Latest posts

Back