The 2013 30 Day Shred geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after a 6 month break I decided last night that I need to do something fast as the summer months are approaching. I reluctantly looked up The 30 Day Shred on youtube as my dvd is out on loan and decided to give it a go again. I think Sarahpoppy started the thread last year and it was very popular (thankyou Sarahpoppy, because I did very well on it, lost weight, toned up and felt great!!) but then because I was feeling better thought that I could miss it for a while and that turned into 6 months and now I'm back again! I can honestly say I didn't find it as difficult last night. It was great knowing all the exercises which meant I could fully concentrate on what I was doing and I didn't go the purple colour like before but I still felt I had worked hard. Today is day 2 for me and I didn't dread it and I didn't hate it. I just got on with it and again I feel my energy levels are already better. So this is to inspire anyone who wants to do something. Hope some of you can join me. It's always good to read how we are all doing at the same exercise and there are always the funny stories too which keep us all going.

Iv been meaning to start again for months now! Iv been going to slimming world so Iv lost a little weight! Holiday in 7 weeks! You'v inspired me to just get on with it! So I'm going to do it tonight when I get home from slimming world!! X

Well, after a 6 month break I decided last night that I need to do something fast as the summer months are approaching. I reluctantly looked up The 30 Day Shred on youtube as my dvd is out on loan and decided to give it a go again. Glamoureyes started the thread last year and it was very popular (thankyou Glamoureyes did very well on it, lost weight, toned up and felt great!!) but then because I was feeling better thought that I could miss it for a while and that turned into 6 months and now I'm back again! I can honestly say I didn't find it as difficult last night. It was great knowing all the exercises which meant I could fully concentrate on what I was doing and I didn't go the purple colour like before but I still felt I had worked hard. Today is day 2 for me and I didn't dread it and I didn't hate it. I just got on with it and again I feel my energy levels are already better. So this is to inspire anyone who wants to do something. Hope some of you can join me. It's always good to read how we are all doing at the same exercise and there are always the funny stories too which keep us all going.

Oops, my thread has just been merged into the 2013 30 day shred! Sorry Noodle, didn't think of checking otherwise I would have joined the thread :o

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm starting the 30 day shred tomorrow or friday, but i know it won't last because i couldn't do push ups to save my life! anyone else have that problem?

i'm starting the 30 day shred tomorrow or friday, but i know it won't last because i couldn't do push ups to save my life! anyone else have that problem?

Yes, I do but there's one of the girl's on the video that kneels down and does them from that position and that's what I do. When I first started the exercises last year, if there was something I couldn't do I would just do one of the other exercises in it's place rather than do nothing at all. But as time goes on you will be able to do all of the exercises, but don't be too hard on yourself otherwise you will start to hate them. Even if you can only do them 3 or 4 times a week instead of the 7 it is definitely better than nothing at all. Last year I became obsessed with doing them every day and then started to resent doing them, so best to do what you can. As I said earlier I lost weight and toned up last year and felt brilliant and then sadly stopped which I now regret, so I am not intending to get obsessed this time. Hope you get started xx

So I started this today... Ouch! Lol how's every one getting on?

I'm bumping this because I'm starting it tonight.

I need to do something, I'm so unmotivated and haven't lost any weight and I'm a bridesmaid in less than 3 months. GAH! But I need a kick up the bum so this is hopefully gonna be it.

I've only done it once and I remember being a sweaty wreck afterwards, so I'll probably be sore tomorrow.

Anyone else doing it / finished it?

i did it for 2 weeks religiously and lost a lb a day, but then i put jillian and healthy eating to the back of my mind and went away 2 weekends in a row and i don't dare weigh :lol: in fact i've hidden jillian under my bed and she's staying there for a few weeks x

I started this again myself on 17th April. I have been doing level 1 since that time and have lost half a stone. When I did it last year I did level 1 and level 2 every day for the 30 days but I really sickened myself and I also lost half a stone that time too. This time (because I don't particularly like exercise) I decided not to put myself under too much pressure and just continued with level 1 only and I really don't dread it anymore. I do it 5 days a week and just get deeper into each exercise and at the end I know I have done a workout!

I was thinking of starting this on Monday!

After buying/watching Insanity this really is far better for me.

Im starting tomorrow, could do with some support/ass whipping!xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Oww.

I love her a little bit. Even though she is evil.

Salsa tonight should be interesting!! Lol.

I did this a couple of years back but never got on to level 2 - I was too scared. I definitely felt better from it, but I gave up too early to notice a big difference weight wise, I just knew I felt fitter.

Several years and multiple stones later and I'm back. I was gymming recently 3 days a week - Zumba, gym and Bokwa but I've lapsed over the past 2 weeks or so due to late nights and clients and I've started up again. I'm still sore from Bokwa last Friday, we did a hardcore session, and I'm supposed to be at the gym tomorrow - HELP!! :sad:

DVD is with a friend (really must get that back) so may have to Youtube it for a while. I need motivation. I need people to tell me they are losing weight. I need a huge kick up the bum lol

I got out of bed early this morning and did my vid before work (wonder how long this will last! :D)

I can't believe how much my shoulders and thighs hurt from a 20 minute workout!! I feel like I've done body pump.

I've just done day 1!

I'm going to Boots to weigh myself later, then do a "Before" pic.

I'm totally determined to do this...

I had a bad weekend diet and exercise wise (birthday!) but I'm on it today, doing the vid as soon as I get home.

I am determined to do this too. I never thought of before & after pics, good idea!

I started the shred yesterday morning; was up at 6 raring to go and was so proud of myself for doing it (although my attempt at press ups was frankly ridiculous!).

Fast forward to this morning and I can't get up or down the stairs or bend down to get anything - here's hoping I'm a bit more mobile by the time I attempt it tonight!

Day 2 done

(although from yesterdays session I'm walking like John Wayne)

Have a search online for before and after pics and you'll see the difference...this is why I want to do them as some of the results that I have seen have been incredible! (I hope I'm the same!).

Must lose the jiggly bum! x

Keep at it girls! It really does work. I haven't given up this time. I am continuing with level 1 and still do it 5 days a week without fail. From April I notice a great difference around my middle.

Forgot to log in earlier...but Day 3 Done!

Latest posts

Back