The Geeks Rock The Raffle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
As damn near everyone in the industry knows; The Battle of the Professional Nail Industry Web Sites ended last night at midnight. People can no longer buy tickets and I will only accept cheques through the post up until the announcement (which really means if you haven't sent it there is a good chance I wont get it).

Things were really tense between our friendly competitor (Beautytech.com) and ourselves. For the majority of the raffle, we were really kicking serious butt cheeks. Then somehow, out of the blue, the Americans suddenly closed the gap between us and them and then began to maintain a marginal on and off lead.

In a nutshell, this past week we have been neck and neck virtually every day.

That really put the pressure on us here as because of the time zones, our raffle closed 5 hours before theirs. Which gave them 5 hours to squash us!

Well, after a neck and neck race last night and the cheques I entered this morning (there were a few as I have been off ill most of this week, sorry about the delay guys.) I am pleased to announce the totals:

• Beautytech:
    • £2,279.22
  • The Nail Geek:
    • £2,453.00
There you have it folks! Just a word of caution though. The raffle is closed and both sites are now only processing the cheques. I can only honour cheques that you have ALREADY printed the form out for. You can not send off a cheque without the donation form and suprise! You cant get anymore donation forms!

I know several printed to send off yesterday and Tuesday. However if I do not get them before the draw on Saturday night, they will not count toward the raffle (however I will still happily forward them onto the foundation with the rest of the cheques and money orders).

So, though we are not out of the woods, things look pretty darn good for the geeks which brings me to my next point.

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart. We managed to keep up (and ahead) of a market base that has around 8 times more of the amount of people in its industry. We managed to raise close to $5,000US by each and everyone dipping into their pockets in order to fight a disease that affects so many womens lives. You should all feel very proud. After all - you are a Geek ;)

I have now solidifed the announcements. They will take place in the Geek Chat room on this Saturday evening at 9pm GMT. I will be there but it will be Doug Schoon doing the announcing. Should be fun ;)

Thanks for everything

Woooo Hoooo!!!!
Great news Sam... I am soo pleased for you, for us, and of course for Cancer Research. It has been great fun playing ourselves off against Beautytech ...and for such a worthwhile cause ...I think it wouldnt be a bad idea to do something like this every year!
I know I won a super prize but, even if I hadnt Id have felt like a winner anyway.
I hate the song but, all I keep hearing in my head is 'We are family, I got all my sisters with me' ... oooh!as well as the odd bro too of course, lmao ... and for once that song sounds pretty good.

Cheers Sam for making it all happen :hug:

Well said Glors :)

I know I also am a winner .. but definately in more ways than one.
Thankyou Sam for all your hard work on everyones behalf :hug: You is a damn good man :) and I am proud to be part of this great site.

Jo x

Yaaayyyyyyyyywe won well done everybody for being so generous, this really is a very worthwhile cause.

:hug: way 2 go!!

Hip! Hip! HURRAY!

Well done everyone!

I'd like to put the Scratch Subscription back in the pot to be re-drawn...Sam can you do that for me?

Sure. We will give it away on Saturday.

Brilliant news...not just the fact that us Geeks did it :hug: but the fact that between both sites we have done so well for such a good cause :biggrin: well done Sam for keeping things moving and for the time and effort you have given to this :)

So blooming well done to all of us xxxx
We did something pretty awesome her............. we all pulled together for a very worthy cause................
And it has shown me, that Geeks are people that dont just talk about doing something, they get off their butts and do it !!!!!!!!!
I am so proud to be a geek...................
A huge thanks to Samuel though, because without his Pc geekieness, this could not have happend.........
You rock big time babe xxxx

Now I can't wait for the final grand announcement.............

well done everyone its amazing what you can acheive when you pull together :hug: Thanks sam for all your hard work making this happen and pushing the insentives right to the end
i'm proud to be a geek and will be here 9pm saturday woo hoo:biggrin:

Well done all in geekland!!!!!!!:wink2: :wink2:

unfortunatly I'm at work on sat nite so won't b around for chat:cry: (taxi driving would be great if it wasn't for the customers!!!!)
Be thinking of you as I listen to another xmas cd!!!!!

Well done Sam!

debz xxx

Well done everyone!!!!

My grandad is at Christies cancer hospital at the mo, he was dianosed with throat cancer, a while ago the news is not good, the doctors have said this week that they may have to take his voice box away and his tongue but grandad has said no, i dont want to put a downer on everything though, i just really appreciate everyone pitching in whether they know someone with cancer or not, its nice to see other people caring about others, it has me in tears at the mo, so a big massive thankyou to everyone who has contributed!
THANKYOU!

congratulations sam and all the geeks

wish i could be around on sat night for the announcement but im at my christmas party,
good luck everyone

What fantastic news, We have all done so well and to be able to give to others so near to Christmas shows what wonderful, Caring people grace this site.

Latest posts

Back