The most annoying advert

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate too many adverts to mention but one that is up there is:
''Hastings direct dot com hastings direct dot com hastingssssssss direeeeeeeeeecccccccccccctttttttt dooooooooooooootttttttttt cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooome!""

Last edited:
Littlewoods with Trinny and Suzanne. Initially I thought it was an advert for terrorists as they swooped onto the runway. Not good when our boys are out on the front line with loved ones waiting at home!!

On a lighter note does anyone know why the volume shoots up when the adverts come on? That in itself drives me mad and then to really damage the old ear drums cilitbang (or what ever its called, I mute it), confused.com etc insist on screaming at you through the screen?? Bring back the funky citroen adds where the car turns into a transformer and boogies!

the Lenny Henry one where he's advertising hotels, the acting is so bad especially at the end when he likes the price. it is so cringe worthy !!

"I say YOUO BUY ONE YOU GET ONE FREE, I SAY YOU BUY ONE YOU GET ONE FREE!!!!" Argggghhhhhhh:lol:

OMG when I first read this thread I thought of this one straight away! I hate this advert with a passion!!!! it would STOP me buying their windows not make me want to rush out and get some!!:evil:

best advert lately was the woolworths one with Rolph Harris in it! where wooly goes off for paint and comes back in a spiderman suit and Rolph ends up painting the wall with him!!:lol:

On a lighter note does anyone know why the volume shoots up when the adverts come on? That in itself drives me mad and then to really damage the old ear drums cilitbang (or what ever its called, I mute it), confused.com etc insist on screaming at you through the screen?? Bring back the funky citroen adds where the car turns into a transformer and boogies!

I know what you mean about the volume thing! It's especially so on Sky Movies - although the plus side of that is that it would imply that Sky broadcasts the audio for the movies with an "uncompressed" dynamic range - so you get the full difference between the loud bangs and the quieter moments rather than having it all "squashed" into much of a muchness...

The adverts, however, are probably heavily compressed so that they sound as "loud" as they can get away with. So that they are artificially "loud" pretty much all the time.

So says an audio geek anyway lol...

I think this has to be the most annoying - awful advert of all times.

Picture loans with 'at least we can get our finances sorted'

That is an awful advert on account of getting vulnerable people to take out secured loans which are almost always quite a lot more expensive than the average mortgage - and could risk them losing their home.

Heard something about a Firstplus secured loan which offered a cheap interest rate (around 4% I think) but for only 3 months (which is pretty much nothing over the course of a loan that can take at least a decade or two to pay back) before rocketing up to something quite a lot more (almost double that I think)...

Anything with Natasha Bedinfields voice in the back ground,I cant stand er.:irked:

Latest posts

Back