The Nailfresh Trick...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julia*

Reaction score
Hello All!

From reading past threads I picked up on the Nailfresh trick to ensure a really neat polish.

I'm a natural nails girl and so do not own any brushes. What type/size brush should I get to use with the Nailfresh?

Thanks for all your help, I don't know where I'd be without this site!

Jx

I use the precision detail brush from Sweet Squared.

My Goodness that was a quick reply!

Thanks Lynne

Jx

PS Andy from Swiss Dermyl is coming out to see my in a couple of weeks time. Am quite excited!

Emma (emmsybabes) just wrote to me to say she had used this trick at her opening day and it was amazing!!!

Emmsybabes ... I used the 'nail fresh smile lines' for the first time too, I am VERY impressed !!!

I certainly did,
I used its as a spur of the moment thing yesterday during a french polish,
The enamel that the salon owner bought wasn't one I am used to (I use CND) and this had a tiny skinny brush, omg it was so hard to use for me....
In the end I said ooo let me just try something... tried the nail fresh and it worked like a dream, so I just applied the french polishes as best I could and nail fresh rescued me lol...

I didn't have a brush to hand either, I used a pointed wooden orange stick wetted, and twirled in cotton wool... worked brilliantly, and clients were VERY impressed too x

I found out about this trick a few weeks ago and till i found out about it i just didn't do french polish.. now i do :D

Go on ebay and type in cheap acrylic brush' u can get 5 for 99p i use the smaller ones out of the pack.

Heres a link *removed URL*

Last edited by a moderator:
is nail fresh better than acetone? x

is nail fresh better than acetone? x

There is no comparison between the two. Acetone just runs into your polish and makes it sticky. Nail Fresh has evaporated as soon as it does it's job. No smearing no sticky mess. Clean quick and simple. You can use it to correct smiles, clean up around the borders and even off the skin. Maaavelous.

Last edited:
Have to ask ...

What is "The Nail fresh Trick" ?????????

I have been unable to use the search function and im intrigued....

There is no comparison between the two. Acetone just runs into your polish and makes it sticky. Nail Fresh has evaporated as soon as it does it's job. No smearing no sticky mess. Clean quick and simple. Yo can use it to correct smiles, clean up around he border and even off the skin. Maaavelous.

Nailfresh is my favourite item of all my nail products... it RoCkS!!!! :)

Have to ask ...

What is "The Nail fresh Trick" ?????????

I have been unable to use the search function and im intrigued....

A lot of people find it difficult to paint a sharp straight smile line freehand when doing the french.

The 'nail fresh trick' is after painting the smile line as best as you can, you dip a thin brush into CND Nail fresh ( available from S2: 0845 210 6060 ) to neaten up the white giving you a crisp smile line.

Ssshhhh stop telling everyone ..... just kidding !

Its a fantastic way to neaten a smile line, makes a french polish simple ........

There is allot more you can do with Nail Fresh than neaten a smile line.

I hate seeing the borders of any polish job, but particularly a red or deep colour, without a perfect curve at the eponychium and straight side walls. You can also use the tip of your brush and nail fresh to make these edges look clean and perfect and it won't smear while you are doing it.

And how many ruin a French polish when they try to clean polish off the skin near the white smile line? With the tip of the brush and Nail Fresh you can clean it up in a heartbeat and never mark the polish.

Is NSI's Nail Pure the same kind of thing? x

Is NSI's Nail Pure the same kind of thing? x
Not really. It may do the job, but not the same way. There is nothing like Nail Fresh.

does this trick work with gel colours?

Nice ....

Reckon that'll be the answer to an awful lot of my problems.... only just done my Spa day and i found that the application of polish was a mare, didn't try a french but certainly on the bright red the client chose was very messy ... a touch of Nailfresh sounds like it'll neaten it up perfectly.

Im going to try my first french .... never before have I had one, or indeed gave one. What are the golden rules of a french polish :

Should the whilte "smile " be straight or curved ?....

Would you do the white 1 coat or 2?....

Would you do the white first, neaten up with nailfresh before appling the lighter colour over the nail?

When using nailfresh ... would you just use the brush provided in the bottle ... any suggestons of other brushes/tools. i know that someone used an orange stick in cotton wool but think a brush would suit better ???

Sorry to have hi jacked the thread ... but this little snippet of info has really excited me ...how sad am I!!!!!!

Nice ....

Reckon that'll be the answer to an awful lot of my problems.... only just done my Spa day and i found that the application of polish was a mare, didn't try a french but certainly on the bright red the client chose was very messy ... a touch of Nailfresh sounds like it'll neaten it up perfectly.

Im going to try my first french .... never before have I had one, or indeed gave one. What are the golden rules of a french polish :
Work quickly with the white

Should the whilte "smile " be straight or curved ?....
curved

Would you do the white 1 coat or 2?....
short nails one and long nails two

Would you do the white first, neaten up with nailfresh before appling the lighter colour over the nail?
yes

When using nailfresh ... would you just use the brush provided in the bottle ... any suggestons of other brushes/tools. i know that someone used an orange stick in cotton wool but think a brush would suit better ???
Use a brush with a point like an old acrylic brush

Sorry to have hi jacked the thread ... but this little snippet of info has really excited me ...how sad am I!!!!!!
Once you have tried it you will never use anything else

Tip for french.....make sure your whites are really dry, or you will end up dragging it.

Latest posts

Back