** The official Shrinking Violet Thread ** who's done it and all comments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I am aware, there are training schools that use SV in their Body Wrap course, but these courses will give you a 'general' body wrap qualification, whereas one of the official centres will give you an SV official certificate as their training has been approved by Tibby Olivier ;)

I hope that helps a little :) I'm sure Juliann or Jane will put the record straight when they next have time to come on here xxx

good ! thats what i understood but the above post and subsequent answering / wording of it didnt make that clear ... hence confusion ... to me it read ... if you're not being trained by someone on that list then you're not qualified and cannot purchase the SV products - just needed a little more clarity imo x

kx

As far as I am aware, there are training schools that use SV in their Body Wrap course, but these courses will give you a 'general' body wrap qualification, whereas one of the official centres will give you an SV official certificate as their training has been approved by Tibby Olivier ;)

I hope that helps a little :) I'm sure Juliann or Jane will put the record straight when they next have time to come on here xxx

good ! thats what i understood but the above post and subsequent answering / wording of it didnt make that clear ... hence confusion ... to me it read ... if you're not being trained by someone on that list then you're not qualified and cannot purchase the SV products - just needed a little more clarity imo x

kx

I think that is going the be the case going forward (that's how I understand the comment, however, if you're already booked on one then you may be ok. xxx

Any training carried out PRIOR to April 1st will be recognised.

If you complete a Body Wrap course then you still need to attend a Shrinking Violet Conversion course before purchasing products.

Training must be carried out in the new in-depth Tibby Olivier-way by an approved Training Centre.

Also, just because someone SAYS they are an approved trainer doesn't make it true which I am sure will be dealt with by Tibby Olivier. If in doubt, pick the phone up and call Tibby Olivier direct to ensure the course you are considering is recognised by them, that way you can be sure.

Colleges which still advertise that they're approved centres but don't appear on the list above; please can you clarify about them?

I did see on juliannes post earlier that there were more training centres being accredited at the moment and there will be a post on here soon listing them
Just maybe tibby Olivier is in the current stage of overhauling it's training and making sure there training centres are giving the best possible service to consumer
I believe this is progression and the company certainly seem to be creating a storm with there products it's so nice to see a company taking off on it's own merit
I do not personally use there products but I can see this julianne lady has an ability to bring new products to the beauty industry born from her knowledge and I believe some of them are hand made by her
Some people on this thread look like there sniping out of jealousy and not curiosity .we all want a product or service to take our businesses to the top of there game and if someone manages this don't criticise them admire and try to learn from them .

I did see on juliannes post earlier that there were more training centres being accredited at the moment and there will be a post on here soon listing them
Just maybe tibby Olivier is in the current stage of overhauling it's training and making sure there training centres are giving the best possible service to consumer
I believe this is progression and the company certainly seem to be creating a storm with there products it's so nice to see a company taking off on it's own merit
I do not personally use there products but I can see this julianne lady has an ability to bring new products to the beauty industry born from her knowledge and I believe some of them are hand made by her
Some people on this thread look like there sniping out of jealousy and not curiosity .we all want a product or service to take our businesses to the top of there game and if someone manages this don't criticise them admire and try to learn from them .

Here here! Well said ;) xxx

I've actually asked the same question twice on this thread, a question directly related to SV and both times it's been left unanswered because of this training debate. I'm booked onto the training in Manchester and I've tried to use this thread for research and answers to questions but can't, quite disheartening.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I've actually asked the same question twice on this thread, a question directly related to SV and both times it's been left unanswered because of this training debate. I'm booked onto the training in Manchester and I've tried to use this thread for research and answers to questions but can't, quite disheartening.

A tad unfair as you kind of kicked off the training requisites debate stating none were required.:)
Now it has been debated, I take it you still want to know how to sum up SV in a nutshell? Does the tag line on their FB page that SV is a revolutionary method to remove unwanted fat naturally, not kind of sum it up?
I think if you want more information re marketing it you should contact the distributors or Moosebat direct rather than use this thread for research.
After all we don't want this thread to turn into one big advert :biggrin:

The tagline doesn't really say much to a client though when they ask, its a bit vague. I didn't mean to kick anything off, I simply answered another geeks question because I happened to have asked the very same question to the CND Academy when booking my training and I was indeed told that there are no pre requisites whatsoever.

I don't think that's too much of an issue personally, there's lots of things a person can do with minimal training and I don't think that all our clients are suddenly going to run to the closest place offering training and spend a fortune on training and products in the hope of making another fortune :) most are probably a bit more careful with their cash and the ones who aren't probably aren't going to build an empire offering one treatment.

On a brighter note I can't wait to complete the course and learn more about the miracle treatment :D

Has anyone trained at Brighton holistics for SV ?

Is there Anyone is the south that I could come and have a SV with before I do the course myself? Try before I buy so to speak ?

There's a girl in Newbury doing them. I put a link to her Facebook page up there somewhere!

Is there Anyone is the south that I could come and have a SV with before I do the course myself? Try before I buy so to speak ?

I'm in Bracknell if that helps x

As of the 1st of April - these are the only authorised and recognised trainers of Shrinking Violet and Faith Lift
The pre requisites for Shrinking Violet Body wrap courses are:
1. Beauty Certificate
Means the therapist can do a 1 day conversion course.
2. Previously untrained the pre requisite is An A & P course, which we send to the student to be completed and exam passed before the training day, and after the initial training day, there are case studies to complete and return and in some cases retrain.
Then a shrinking violet cert would be issued and not before:
The official and only recognised training courses, which enable therapists to buy product from us at Tibby Olivier Pro or one of our distributors are the following
Tibby Olivier Pro.
The Fingertips Centre in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
The Creative Academy Manchester.
The Beauty School Warren Point Newry.
North East Kennedia training.
Lisa Barnes, London, Kent, Essex.

Anyone wanting to try shrinking violet please email [email protected] for your nearest salon and also for any other information required.

I was told not to excersise 2/3 days after wrap is that correct??

Hi

I trained in SV 2 weeks ago. At the training I was told a heated blanket underneath with a towel and a normal blanket on top.

I am getting good results on arms and legs but not over the middle stomach where everyone wants. Another girl who trained with someone else uses a heated blanket over the top and a heated blanket underneath.

At my training I asked about the heated blanket over the top and they said its not needed cause you don't want the person sweating.

So now I am thinking is there not enough heat over the stomach? When I take the wrap off the skin is warm and clammy but I am lucky if they have lost 1/4 inch

So do I invest in the heated blanket for over the top? It's £80 so it's a lot to spend if it's not needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back