** The official Shrinking Violet Thread ** who's done it and all comments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, is there anyone in the Andover/Tidworth area do shrinking violet wraps? I've been wanting to try one for ages x

Last edited by a moderator:
Booked my training today! Very excited! As far as I'm aware nobody locally offers it so that will be good. In a nutshell, how do you think it is best to describe it when people ask? Already getting enquiries and I'm unsure how to cram the major points into a sentence or two!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi all
Who supplies the shrinking voilet wraps
And it there a training centre in ireland ?

Any Devon Geeks offering it?

South Devon preferable but willing to travel!

Im wondering if someone can clarify whether a basic beauty cert is required prior to someone then going on the shrinking violet course.

The reason I ask this Is because I only use professional products and I have had a couple of clients tell me that they are thinking of training in shrinking violet as they know all prices of courses and the cost of treatment materials. This isn't something I'm happy about.

I am all for competition from other professionals but this is the reason I stopped using gelish and stuck solely with shellac due to clients easily opening accounts and purchasing gelish kits.

The amount of anatomy required to provide body treatments isn't something that can be taught in a day and I was originally told shrinking violet was a professional product and a basic beauty cert was required.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I asked the pre-requisite for the course I was told there aren't any, not even basic beauty needed x

And insurance companies would accept a one day training course?
Gosh, I really hope that's not the case...

When I rang up for info they asked if I had anatomy on my certificate, and if I had done wraps before, in which case I'm required to do a conversion course, which is the one day course. I'm not sure what the requirements are for those that have neither of these though.

I emailed tibby Oliver and they said you need a current body wrap certificate and to be a beauty professional,and the same goes for the course.iv sent off copies of my certificates before I could book on the course

When I asked the pre-requisite for the course I was told there aren't any, not even basic beauty needed x

seem to be what my clients that are looking at doing the course were told too. Not really good enough as a therapist that has spent alot of money being qualified properly to hear that people who see pound signs can go pick up a treatment and start doing it, i know it happens with alot of other things but this is something that is heavily based on knowledge of a & p, the lymphatic system is not something can be learnt in a few hours.

Sorry if this has already been asked - but a girl I know said she has someone coming out to her house to train her in shrinking violet and faith lift - I would've thought you only get the training in a training center etc - is this how your trained in these, by someone coming to your home?

I sure when I was in the fingertips center last, they mentioned nothing about coming to your home & training you??!!

Am I wrong?

I contacted the offical training centre and the trainer in my area has contacted me and is doing 121 training in my own salon :)

HI, Yes Im booked in for one to one with Joy in my own home this month, no previous experience of any kind within beauty (only tanning)!.

Could I do the course?

I'm qualified in tanning, lashes & mani/pedi but nothing to do with the wraps.

It seems some say you need to be a fully qualified beautician but others say you don't. What number do I ring? Thanks geekys x

I called cnd academy in Manchester as they offer the course and they said that there are no pre requisites so looks like anyone could do it x

This industry just gets better and better doesn't it?:eek:

I absolutely despair.
No, really.
Hangs head and weeps.

I wonder if babtac and the guild would like to comment on this?

There seems to be so much of a variation in the standard of training now. I have recently just written my first course in waxing and have learned so much as to what I should have been doing, for instance Yellow bagging all waxing waste for clinical collection, not just intimate but all. Having complied and signed a contract to have my waste taken and included this in my course I am yet to find anyone doing this, including other top trainers in waxing who are accredited by the same top company as I am.

There is just no consistency amongst insurers and this causes confusion which then leads to people having a 'can't be bothered doing it right' attitude as they see others getting away with it!:rolleyes:

Before passing such comments has anyone taken the time or trouble to actually research WHAT this course is..what it covers..the pre and after course work. The pass and failure rate ...

Would also add we have nurses and physios taking it who are, in actual fact, more highly qualified in A & P than beauty therapists !!

Why not as I KEEP saying speak to the horses mouth with any query, suggestion, issue....

PS, some trainers may be new to you but The Fingertips Centre and The Creative Academy are renowned for their level of training !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back