The significance of your user name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is gonna sound soppy but I chose my name coz my boyfriend always calls me suzy baby!!!

my other nickname is Suzy wong!!! thought that might give the wrong impression if I used that one tho
:lol:

When I first joined and didn't realise quite what I was doing I registered using my initials and surname.

However after while I fancied a change.

My beautiful sister died a few years ago, shortly after I bought both my Mum and myself a little Ty Bear called Hope.

Last year a friend of mine after loosing 2 babies was told that she would be unlikely to fall pregnant again, and something made me feel like I should loan her my Hope Bear. Shortly after she found out she was pregnant and is now a very proud Mummy, and I have my Hope back.

So there you go, that is where Hope came from.

That is so lovely, I am so sorry for the loss of your sister.
But I am so happy for your friend!

Mine is because when I was about 16, in a school play, someone who was helping out with costumes etc brought their little girl along. She was about 6 or something.
At the time I had blonde hair down to my waist, and she was over heard saying "look Mummy, its Barbie!"

LOL! My real name is Carla so all my friends started calling me CarlaBarbie and it just stuck.

Wish I had Barbie's body................. LOL:green:

mine is just a nick name too

my daddy has always called me clara (he never liked clare mummys idea!!)

and the girls from work added on the doon (maybe not soo good !!lol)

clare was taken so it was the next thing I could think of.

My boyfriend and his family call me Oph (Soph without the 's'!) so it's been changed into many other things over the years - Ophalot, Ophting and Ophala!!

I've even been called Santaloph coz I used to have a long red and white winter coat that made me look like santa! Can only use that one at xmas time though!!

When I first started at college My very first assignment was to crate a booklet to advise nail tecs of contra indications etc we had to design a front cover with our pretend salon name on it .I could not for the life of me think of anything I liked then one night when I was half a sleep the name came to me and it stuck Ive used it ever since .When I have a salon in the future maybe I will call it Hollywood Nails lol :green:​

well my name is Rebecca and have about well more than i care to count nick names.. from cinnamon mini buns ( I have a little bum and brown skin) rosebud (my mom says I looked like a rosebud when I was born because of my pink lips and cheeks I got this name tatooed on my sholder) my boyfriend calls me heathin demon ( he says because the white in me as a joke hes trinidadian and this one probally would work so well) mutt, heinz 57 because im part native american and alot of white nationalities. Bones because im 28 and just finally made it to 107 and im 5'5 no i do wish i was this small. I mostly go by Becca and Becca Boo is just a nick name that has stuck since I was a kid even some of my students call me this....

so its becca boo

Mine is because I was told I am a mother/foster mother/teacher who is fierce in defending and protecting their children/students...like a doberman..i.e. dobermum.

Not very flattering!:eek:

I"m boring.

I have belonged to sooooooo many chat rooms etc over the years....
That in recent years, I stick as close to my real name as possible.
Why?
Becuase it's easy to remember when you have to sign into a gazillion different things (my own site, my bk account, hotmail, geek, facebook, etc etcetc etc LOL) and keeping track? omg, no thanks.

ALSO I find what makes me REALLY crazy is when I make a friend somewhere, add them to my msn and they have one name for this, and another for that... and I have no idea who's who anymore.

Now, EVERYONE knows who I am, no matter where I'm at. No one's confused. Least of all, me!

Mine is because I like butterfly's and I just want to be a girl for as long as I can and not middle aged:cry:

brilliant scottish philisopher who lived in Govan, Glasgow. He was called Rab C Nesbitt!!! :lol::rolleyes:
Off topic I know, but he was brilliant Izzi

When I registered I couldn't think of a good name, so just chose my name and my birth year. Very unimaginative!

Mine originates from my brother in law years ago....it was his polite way of calling me a Cheeky B*tch!!:eek::lol: It sort of got scrambled up, became Beekiechich and has stuck ever since!!:lol:

My friends call me fraggle because of the old programme fraggle rock. one particular friend says i have hair like them.......... its naturally curly! (bit like scary spice) HENCE FRAGGLE!!:eek:

Mine comes from the fact I used to have really long and outragious nail art talons and lots of people in my old office used to say 'have you seen Dellas Nails?'

My father is Polish and my maiden name began with a Z and no one could pronounce it :eek:so everyone just called me Della Z.So when started my business I became Dellaz Nailz

:hug:

Well, mine isn't very inspired. My name is Callie but I had to add Ms to get one that wasn't taken! I wish I could change it without starting a whole new profile. Is there a way to do this? Just edit my username? thnx

Well, mine isn't very inspired. My name is Callie but I had to add Ms to get one that wasn't taken! I wish I could change it without starting a whole new profile. Is there a way to do this? Just edit my username? thnx

Hi Callie

I PM'd the geek and asked very nicely to change it!! who said creeping gets u nowwhere....!!! failing that post on site maintenance and im sure some of the mod's will help u!!

xx

mine is the first letters of my name. i also just found out that kpc stand for keeping parents clueless

mine is the first letters of my name. i also just found out that kpc stand for keeping parents clueless

Or KP Crisps? I must be feeling hungry...:lol:

My story is obviously really boring.

Call me thick but when I joined I thought a user name was your name, so I put my name:rolleyes:.

Often thought about changing it though and then thought naa!! everyone knows me as Teri the boring one now.

Teri x:hug:

Same here....was not a member of any other group/forum at the time so was a total FORUM VIRGIN!!! - maybe that should of been my name.............................(walks away, scratching head & bum!!) lol

well i decided on Lucy locket because this is what my Aunty used to call me when i was little.

she used to say Lucy locket fit's in your pocket, i was only small.

I was also called frog face by my grandad :irked: :cry:.

i like to think that i did not have a face that resembled a frog and he was only joking LOL :lol:.

Latest posts

Back