Therapists, Are you open to new ideas ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using them up on my body rather than waste them, because I am only using my skincare range on my face currently:hug: but to be honest I am trialling my dad on some of the body range for different reasons and I am amazed with the results I am getting as is he due to his medical conditions he has specific problems.
Do they offer a bodycare range???Are they saying no need to use exfoliant on the feet/legs during pedi's of hands/arms during mani's???

I am very sceptical on this but then I would be going against everything I have been taught so it's not an easy one to detract from,lol

Let us know how you get on with your trials on your Dad.:hug:

This is pretty much the same thing I was told (different range) So it has worked then & how long did you need to use products to not have to exfoliate ?

Also What do clients think ? That was one of my main concerns, clients insisting that they exfoliate & me arguing that they shouldn't !

I have been using them since mid October last year and my mother and another 2 guinea pigs since Nov and Dec. My mother saw a major difference within 3 weeks I was about 6 weeks my other 2 were about 4 weeks.

Now however after 5 months use my skin is really good.

Persuading people is the hardest they absolutely need to trust you as sometimes dry skin or spots can occur in the initial settling down phase and my mum found this a little upsetting as she had an excema flare up which if she hadn't trusted me she said she would have given up there and then! but she trusted me and stayed with it and her skin has been amazing since. My mother is no pushover she has worked in skincare and medicine for the last 30 years and always thinks she knows better than me. On this occasion she has totally accepted my knowledge:)

Do they offer a bodycare range???Are they saying no need to use exfoliant on the feet/legs during pedi's of hands/arms during mani's???

I am very sceptical on this but then I would be going against everything I have been taught so it's not an easy one to detract from,lol

Let us know how you get on with your trials on your Dad.:hug:

They do a body cream and an Alpha Hydroxy range for the body.

My dad is diabetic and is on quite a lot of meds for heart trouble, his skin therefore is extremely thin and even slower to heal. He can go to sleep and wake up covered in blood from accidently scratching himself thorugh the night.

He can bang his arm or hand and he cuts it and normally the wounds take weeks if not months to heal, we have tried numerous things to help, all medical type creams from the doctor , special healing plasters, Only L'occitane shea butter soap and body cream, and loads of others and some are ok but nothing really clears it up.

I have had him using the Body cream and Body Oil which have high levels of vitamins in them and the difference in the last 4 weeks has been incredible he is totally gobsmacked open wounds that he has had for months are closed over and new cuts are closing over very quickly often within days which is unheard of for him.

I know it is a lot to take in I wasn't sure either but it has been proved accurate for me.

I am just so annoyed at myself that I never took before and after pics as the company advised me to! I genuinely only wanted to help my dad and this was the last in a long line of things I have tried.

hth's

Would take an awful lot to convince me that exoliation is not necessary!

I have been using them since mid October last year and my mother and another 2 guinea pigs since Nov and Dec. My mother saw a major difference within 3 weeks I was about 6 weeks my other 2 were about 4 weeks.

Now however after 5 months use my skin is really good.

Persuading people is the hardest they absolutely need to trust you as sometimes dry skin or spots can occur in the initial settling down phase and my mum found this a little upsetting as she had an excema flare up which if she hadn't trusted me she said she would have given up there and then! but she trusted me and stayed with it and her skin has been amazing since. My mother is no pushover she has worked in skincare and medicine for the last 30 years and always thinks she knows better than me. On this occasion she has totally accepted my knowledge:)

Well it certainly sounds interesting and I know the range you use has a very good reputation, have heard lots of good things about it.

I think that is the problem clients giving up half way through. I would never say never but i know id have a hell of a job on my hands getting clients to stop exfoliating altogether lol

I would advise them and if they continued to exfoliate then so be it!! I would expect that they would feel the need to do so less and less as their skin got betterxxxx:hug:

Would take an awful lot to convince me that exoliation is not necessary!

I thought that too, hence the boxes of skincare and exfoliators languishing in my bedroom:eek:

The grainier the better was my mantra, but I honestly don't need them since using my current range so my skin looking great convinced me:hug:

I thought that too, hence the boxes of skincare and exfoliators languishing in my bedroom:eek:

The grainier the better was my mantra, but I honestly don't need them since using my current range so my skin looking great convinced me:hug:

Like your idea of getting the clinet to phase it out as their skin get better but that would mean mixing skin care ranges yes?

Like your idea of getting the clinet to phase it out as their skin get better but that would mean mixing skin care ranges yes?

No reason not to with the range. It is an intensive range that can be slotted in to an existing routine if the client so wishes.

As a salesperson I would like them to use the whole range:) but as they try an item they tend to try another and another until they are seeing the additional benefits they can gain.

hth's

Glad your Dads skin is mcuh better Martigirl,can be very distressing to have such problems.:hug:

i am always open to new ideas, but would have to see proof from more than one reputable source to confirm validity. How can desquamation not be a natural skin function? anything that lives will grow/reproduce, we would have pretty thick skins if we didnt shed our cells naturally. IMO anyway x:)

i am always open to new ideas, but would have to see proof from more than one reputable source to confirm validity. How can desquamation not be a natural skin function? anything that lives will grow/reproduce, we would have pretty thick skins if we didnt shed our cells naturally. IMO anyway x:)

maybe im of tthe "old fashioned" school,but i agree with the above statment,and would need proof that toy wouldnt need to exfoliate.
For me desquamation IS a natural function.
As "coco" chanel once said we are like snakes shedding our skins...how right she was...

I am a little confused now, so to clarify what I personally have posted.

The range I use does not have a specific facial exfoliator, because it believes that our "horny" layer is present on our skin for a reason (mainly to protect), and that because of the said products being designed to "normalise" our skin function, that there will be no need to exfoliate using an exfoliating product.

In essence your skin (by using their products) will be behaving normally much like the skin we are born with and will "shed" naturally without the need for a specific product to remove this layer.

I am not disputing the need for exfoliators in other brands I am reporting that the brand I use does not require an exfoliating facial product. I was trained in this principle and it has been proved accurate in my experience of this particular product

hth's

The range I use does not have a specific facial exfoliator, because it believes that our "horny" layer is present on our skin for a reason (mainly to protect), and that because of the said products being designed to "normalise" our skin function, that there will be no need to exfoliate using an exfoliating product.

In essence your skin (by using their products) will be behaving normally much like the skin we are born with and will "shed" naturally without the need for a specific product to remove this layer.

I am not disputing the need for exfoliators in other brands I am reporting that the brand I use does not require an exfoliating facial product. I was trained in this principle and it has been proved accurate in my experience of this particular product

hth's

I read an article in Aesthetic Medicine Mag a while back about how all exfoliating procedures - manual, chemical and mechanical are all bad and agree that ALL the layers of the skin are there for a reason.

Their answer was to have this little roller thing (OMG I can't explain it, but think of those fluff remover rollers that you can get, but miles smaller) that is studded with sharp spikes. They then roll this over the face so that the spikes go right down to the dermis and you are covered in these pin pricks. They said that this was a far better treatment for the skin and magic to promote collagen production.

Eeek :eek: I don't think I'd be lining up for that one no matter how good it proved to be, think I'd rather have wrinkles :lol: . But I do agree that as technology advances and more research is done in the function of the skin that we should be more open minded ... and obviously knowledge of our product's ingredients and what they really do. After all your cleanser may well have an ingredient that exfoliates the skin enough without having to do additional work.

hth's

exfoliators, from what i understand, help to also take the cells off the surface of the skin that have already been shed, but remain on the surface until manually removed.therefore, the skin is performing naturally, and the exfo is just removing it, so skin doesnt look dull?

I read an article in Aesthetic Medicine Mag a while back about how all exfoliating procedures - manual, chemical and mechanical are all bad and agree that ALL the layers of the skin are there for a reason.

Their answer was to have this little roller thing (OMG I can't explain it, but think of those fluff remover rollers that you can get, but miles smaller) that is studded with sharp spikes. They then roll this over the face so that the spikes go right down to the dermis and you are covered in these pin pricks. They said that this was a far better treatment for the skin and magic to promote collagen production.

Eeek :eek: I don't think I'd be lining up for that one no matter how good it proved to be, think I'd rather have wrinkles :lol: . But I do agree that as technology advances and more research is done in the function of the skin that we should be more open minded ... and obviously knowledge of our product's ingredients and what they really do. After all your cleanser may well have an ingredient that exfoliates the skin enough without having to do additional work.

Cosmetic needling Sassy! I have actually experienced the needles and they are so tiny you can't feel it. It is an extension of a professional Plastic Surgery procedure which uses larger needles and produces quite a lot of blood:eek: however I have seen pictures of the results which are good and they call it an alternative to a facelift.

exfoliators, from what i understand, help to also take the cells off the surface of the skin that have already been shed, but remain on the surface until manually removed.therefore, the skin is performing naturally, and the exfo is just removing it, so skin doesnt look dull?

my understanding of exfoliators is that they assist with the removal of "build up" which doesn't shed naturally and contributes to flaky and/or dull complexions.

If the skin is normalised the "build up " should not occur as our body's natural exfoliation process ensures that the need for a specific exfoliator to retain a clear complexion is uneccessary.

hth's I find it difficult sometimes to put into words exactly what I mean

Cosmetic needling Sassy! I have actually experienced the needles and they are so tiny you can't feel it. It is an extension of a professional Plastic Surgery procedure which uses larger needles and produces quite a lot of blood:eek: however I have seen pictures of the results which are good and they call it an alternative to a facelift.

The pics I saw must have been by a plastic surgeon cos it looked gross!!!

The idea of cosmetic needling is that it facilitates far deeper penetration of suitable products deep into the dermis to promote collagen production.

I suspect that it was an Environ article by Dr Des Fernandes that you were reading Sassy:hug:

The pics I saw must have been by a plastic surgeon cos it looked gross!!!

spot on they are totally gross:) But the recovery I beleive is very quick which I found hard to believe.:eek:

Latest posts

Back