Threatened with court for damaged shirt

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My huge box of Persil from macro claims to get grass stains, chocolate and blood stains at 30 degrees....I often wonder if there would ever be an occasion you would have all three stains on one item of clothing...

..you will be fine- just stay calm nothing more will come from it, i seriously doubt it anyways

One word Unbelievable

:lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol:

Haha what a chancer! He sounds like a right Rodney (plonker)! Who in their right mind would spend £150 cash on 2 shirts and not get a receipt? I bet he realised that they were fakes or off the back of a lorry and wanted to re-coupe some of his wasted money! Haha!
Do not accept liability hun, let him take you to court! He won't do it... And even if he does, he won't win :) let us know if you hear any more from him, I'm intrigued as to what he will come up with next... Did you also ruin his £1000 belt he was wearing that he paid cash for? Haha!

well he brought the shirt back in with him, but he said he had scrubbed it and pored boiling water on it, it was pinstriped it looks like there is a bit of spotting on the back,

What exactly do you mean by "spotting"? Does it look like wax residue or could it be something else?

Am only asking as (ex) hubby is a dry cleaner, and if this saga continues, I will ask his advice for you. However, the "spotting" could be anything - or do you recognise it as wax residue? Having tried to remove the stains with boiling water may well have set them into the fabric now, so even dry cleaning, which should usually remove wax, may not now be effective.

There is also a test that can be carried out (if memory serves me right its by the Fabric Care Association), but think it costs about £75 maybe more. They can test what exactly is on the fabric, what cleaning methods have been used and who is at fault for any damages. This course of action is usually taken by dry cleaners who are being scammed by clients. Clients will need to pay for this themselves, but it gives them a definate response to take to court (or usually, they dont pay because they trying to scam anyway), and the court will award them back the cost if they win their case.

Hth xxx but think he's a scammer imho!

Spotting sounds like blood - what does hot/boiling water do to blood? Oh yes that's right... it sets it :) How do you get blood out? COLD water...

I would do as advised above - explain that if he feels he has a valid claim then put it in writing to you and you will be happy (!) to pass it on to your insurers who will investigate his claim.
Does your aftercare and documentation mention anything about spotting? I know I've included it in mine although not for the purpose of damage to clothes but to make sure it's pointed out to my clients - men especially... If it's in the aftercare you gave him too then in theory I guess he'd been warned and still chose to apply his shirt.

Personally I would ignore him - I doubt you will hear further from him :)

Lol unbeileavable xx

I might be worth adding please do not wear expensive shirts that you don't have receipts after waxing lol you could call it you idiots guide lol xxx That's the trouble with where there's a claim lol.

Oh dear, must be a Norfolk thing, a guy my husband used to work with tried to take his ex- wifes new husband to court for breaking his hand... how did it break you ask? He broke his hand on new husbands face whilst trying to punch him in new husbands own home.

He TRULY believed he was going to get a huge settlement :lol:

Wonder if he now has his back waxed :eek:

Capeamethyst, I would wait and see if he continues with his threats, as already mentioned it will cost him to lodge a claim. I paid £80 about ten years ago, I know it's worrying when someone threatens you with court proceedings but try to keep calm , you have been given some good advice on here, let us know what happens

Judge Judy would love this one ....... good luck:lol:

Judge Judy would love this one ....... good luck:lol:

I LOVE Judge Judy.

I record her every day and watch it as soon as I get home from work.

xx

It will cost him a £45 court fee to issue the claim in the first place. Then he will have to prove to the court that 1. he paid £75 for the shirt with either receipts, bank statements etc. and 2. that you were the one that ruined his shirt which would be very very difficult. Plus he would have to spend a good amount of time putting together documents and evidence to support his claim.
Also as it would be in the small claims court as its under £5000 all parties bear their own costs, so the maximum compensation he would receive if he was successful would be the price of the shirt plus the court fee. That's it!
So I would just ignore him he's an idiot!
However if he is stupid enough to issue and you receive a Claim Form from the court, make sure you follow the instructions it gives you!
HTH :) xx

Latest posts

Back