Thumb or Little finger?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which way do you carry out your treatment?

• pinki on left hand all the way to pinki on right

Votes: 80 28.7%
  • pinki on right hand all the way to pinki on left

Votes: 69 24.7%
  • pinki left to thumb then pinki right to thumb

Votes: 60 21.5%
  • pinki right to thumb then pinki left to thumb

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • some other way

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters
I have to start pinky right hand and work all the way across to pinky left - it doesn't feel right any other way!! Clients often offer me different fingers to start on but I can't!!!

i clicked the wrong choice - i put left had pinky to thumb then right hand pinky to thumb. but its the clients right had i start with (my left!!) then work to thumb then do the other hand pinky to thumb. xx

YAAAAA!! We got a poll!!!!! :lol: :lol:

..lol credit to you ms matrix your idea!!! cheers hun xx

This is funny as iv'e never really thought anout where i start but i always seem to start with right hand pinki and move across to left and finish with pinki !!!Couldn't tell you why though

pinkie on the left straight across to pinkie on the right... but when i do my own, i start with my left thumb to left pinkie then right thumb to right pinkie... don't really know why either! just habit :)

I too was taught start with pinky on the left hand and go to the thumb, do the same on the right hand, then start all over when it's time to polish pinky to thumb left to right.

that is my left not the costomer

I start with the pinki on thier right hand and work right through to the pinki on the left, dont know if this is because I am left handed though,I have a feeling I have been told since that I am not doing it correctly but it works for me.

i do the same and I am also left handed

There is no right or wrong really.
I start with thumbs always, particularly when applying acrylic or polish, my reason: if you are out of whack, there is more room for error, not much space on a pinkie if you get it wrong...... and we all have those days.
When I paint, I paint a thumb first (keep it level), then paint the other thumb (keep it level) then go back to the first hands fingers, this way polish will never go to one side, as it is given a chance to dry level.

I actually start with the index finger on the right hand, work to the pinky then go back to the thumb. I do the same on the left.

I always start with the pinkie on the right hand and work right across to the pinkie on the left hand, i am right handed hth :hug:

I do the pinky on the left first right thrrough to the pinky on the right, always have done. Don't know if this is the correct way but it works for me.

Teri x:hug:

Im being taught to start from thumb then work from there,but when iv dun college i think i will have a go at pinky first either way to see what works best for me n client x

Depends what I'm doing but I was taught to do thumb first and then pinky and work back to thumb when doing a polish, simply because it stops the client from smudging the polish. If you polish the fingers first and then they turn their hand for the thumb they can smudge the polish on the towel.

I do thumb on their right hand then pinki then work up, then thumb on left then pinki and work up.

My aunty use to paint my nails in that order when i was a kid and its just stuck.

xx

Depends what I'm doing but I was taught to do thumb first and then pinky and work back to thumb when doing a polish, simply because it stops the client from smudging the polish. If you polish the fingers first and then they turn their hand for the thumb they can smudge the polish on the towel.

I do it the same way for exactly the same reason when polishing. When doing enhancements I start with the pinkie and go along to the index. The thumb will be the last one because it's often quite difficult to design due to be flat or awry. Then I can do it in a way that it will fit to the other ones.

But I think the best order is the one you come along best. There is no "correct" one. Interesting question anyhow.

I ticked some other way as it depends which system I'm using. For L&P its left pinkie all the way across, but for gel its fingers then thumbs. As for filing and Painting varnish its different again. Still it keeps life interesting lol:lol:

I start with the pinky on the right hand through thumb then the left pinky to thumb. Don't know if its right but it works for me.

I always work from pinky to thumb on both hands. I don't particularly start with right first or left though, it just depends on what hand they give me really.

Latest posts

Back