tinting brows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
hi,im not sure if ive posted this in the right forum so im sorry if i havent.my question is,i was wondering if it was possible to tint your eyebrows to make them lighter rather than darker? i have always had blonde hair but i have quite dark eyebrows and i hate the way it looks.thanks for any info:)

hi

should really be in the skin geek forum as beauticians tint eyebrows

anyways no you cant lighten eyebrows, as far as I know anyways

becki xxx

you can lighten them very carefully with a face bleach...like the stuff you would use on your upper lip and facial hair...just be very careful not to get it in your eyes obviously lol

i was always under the impression that you shouldnt lighten eyebrows as:
a) its very difficult to get them looking realistic
b) that they are the natural colour that suits your skin

thanks for your replies.i thought i might of put it in the wrong forum.thanks for the link babs.it did give me some advice but not really what i was looking for.thanks anyway though.:) can i ask what grey tint is for?

Don't do it !!!! I have done it before with Jolen Facial Bleach as it does say it can be used for brows and it looked bloody awful !

They went all gingery and were patchy, they honestly looked awful !!

If you really want to do it bleach them with the jolen and if it looks bad tint them back brown although I wouldn't do it straight after :lol:

thanks for your replies.i thought i might of put it in the wrong forum.thanks for the link babs.it did give me some advice but not really what i was looking for.thanks anyway though.:) can i ask what grey tint is for?
No,it wasn't very informative link...sorry grey tint is to mix with other tints to get desired colour

I agree with Bombini about facial bleach they do go yellowy,better to leave well alone IMHO

thanks anyway though babs,i did some information.as for doing it myself i wouldnt try it in a million years.thanks for the info about the grey tint.oh well if you dont ask you dont know.thanks again for all your replies:)

:)You can lighten your brows up to 3 levels using RefectoCil bleaching paste for brows for blondes no.0 shade, this must be mixed with same brand oxidant. I have not used this particular product but I've used the red tint and was delighted with the results. You can get this from hive of beauty on the net

i use reflectocil tints and they work very well

i use reflectocil tints and they work very well

:)You can lighten your brows up to 3 levels using RefectoCil bleaching paste for brows for blondes no.0 shade, this must be mixed with same brand oxidant. I have not used this particular product but I've used the red tint and was delighted with the results. You can get this from hive of beauty on the net
I think Belmacil also does a lightening one.

We were shown this in college. I must say that it doesn't give the best result on everyone, sort of a pale yellowy/orange colour.

We were told to get best results, use the lightening paste first, then tint with light brown to get a nice light colour.

I don't offer this in my salon though, IMO it doesn't give good enough results to make it worthwhile.

I imagine it would look quite good on some people though.

I just wanted to say, I love dark eyebrows even with really fair blondes. The important thing is that they are perfectly groomed. I think well groomed dark brows frame the eyes perfectly

hi,im not sure if ive posted this in the right forum so im sorry if i havent.my question is,i was wondering if it was possible to tint your eyebrows to make them lighter rather than darker? i have always had blonde hair but i have quite dark eyebrows and i hate the way it looks.thanks for any info:)
Hi
The Austrian company Refectocil has a spacial bleaching paste for this purpose. you can go to: RefectoCil and look for Blond No. 0 at "new products"

thanks for the link.is this safe to do yourself and where can you buy it from?thanks

Just wanted to add to this thread as I actually DO lighten my own eyebrows myself. Only to the point of taking the shiny darkness out (if this makes sense!) I use bleach (facial type is ok). Basically to stop the orange look I dont leave it on for very long at all.
I paint it on both brows and by the time I have painted it on both I remove the first one then the second and thats it. If needed I do it again but most times one application is fine.
Actually a friend of mine is wanting her eyebrows lightened and I must ask her where she is going as Ive never heard of a salon actually offering this service although I now know the products ARE available. My eyebrows are quite fine and Id worry if mine were thicker and lightening was performed would they go patchy or orange ? Love to hear more on this subject.

Just wanted to add to this thread as I actually DO lighten my own eyebrows myself. Only to the point of taking the shiny darkness out (if this makes sense!) I use bleach (facial type is ok). Basically to stop the orange look I dont leave it on for very long at all.
I paint it on both brows and by the time I have painted it on both I remove the first one then the second and thats it. If needed I do it again but most times one application is fine.
Actually a friend of mine is wanting her eyebrows lightened and I must ask her where she is going as Ive never heard of a salon actually offering this service although I now know the products ARE available. My eyebrows are quite fine and Id worry if mine were thicker and lightening was performed would they go patchy or orange ? Love to hear more on this subject.
thanks paulette,maybe you could let us know how your friend gets on.im not sure im brave enough to do it myself as ive never done anything like that before.also i would say that my eyebrows are a bit thicker than yours.thanks again for the info.:)

What I was taught in my course was that you could use the same as you tinted/lightened your hair with - just be very careful.

We often did it in the salon. We would put them in a tilting chair, lay makeup remover pads over their eyes (as a precaution for any stray 'glops'), then use a small brush (I personally prefer an eyebrow brush) and apply the coulour/lightener on their brows. Tidy up around the brows with a swab, removing any that got on the skin.
Just don't leave it as long as you do on hair. I don't remember the exact time, this was all many years ago.

I still dye my brows today, since they're blonde and my hair is dyed dark auburn..... I leave it on my brows for 15min.
I think mismatched looks unnatural and odd. Just my personal opininion.

hth's

Latest posts

Back