Tis the season....for colds & Flu

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wont be trying first defence then.The old towel over a bowl of steaming water is supposed to work though ,if you do it at first signs because the cold virus is very sensitive to heat and starts in the nose and throat but you have to get it early.Few drops of eucylyptus in it as well ,all these old fashioned remedies are often so much better and cheaper.

It does sting, :eek: but it stopped a cold for a friend of mine.
I think you need to use it really early on, I let you all know if my cold dies or gets worse!

Try a few drops of tea tree oil in water in a room burner - this will help the bugs from spreading round the rest of your household.

She is 13 weeks old so still weeny. I have already put video tape boxes under her mattress to prop it up, put a wet towel on the radiator to humidify, tied a muslin to the corner of her cot with karvol on, steamed her in the bathroom while repetedly singing Balamory and Doodle do theme tunes to entertain:!: , Calpol and Saline drops!

Bear in big blue house is still on!:hug:

xxxx

Awww 13 weeks is tiny.. poor little thing... those Saline drops are brilliant when you can get them in - our little one used to whack us and wriggle so they ended up everywhere but her nose!

for adults, those Beechams Flu Powder plus sachets are excellent

We have all been loaded with the cold for about 2 weeks and we all had the 24hr sickness bug last week:irked:

Cant beat a good old Lemsip and the duvet i reckon - im a total sulker when im feeling rough though!

Thanks guys for all your tips, yesterday it got so bad that hubby had to atay home and look after Lyla. I couldn't even move and threw up:sad:. Still feel really awful today but can manage (just). He had to go in to work today, someone has to earn the pennys!

Thanks guys for all your tips, yesterday it got so bad that hubby had to atay home and look after Lyla. I couldn't even move and threw up:sad:. Still feel really awful today but can manage (just). He had to go in to work today, someone has to earn the pennys!

You poor lamb, it really isn't funny when you are feeling poorly but you have a little one to look after. You are very lucky that Hubby stayed home to help.

My youngest has come down with it too, and I have a feeling he has shared it with me!

Sending you and Lyla lots of get well hugs xxx

You poor lamb, it really isn't funny when you are feeling poorly but you have a little one to look after. You are very lucky that Hubby stayed home to help.

My youngest has come down with it too, and I have a feeling he has shared it with me!

Sending you and Lyla lots of get well hugs xxx

Thanks hun and same to you, it's awful when they are ill.

xxxx

Latest posts

Back