Tis the season....for colds & Flu

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickle

Reaction score
:sad: Why is it every year around this time I get either a really bad cold or flu when I should be going out getting all my xmas prezzies?
I have a really horrid cold and sore throat, Lyla still has hers and she has Bronchialitis (sp) so she has had a really awful cough and cold and she is still so weeny (so all we have been doing is watching Pinky dinky do and Balamory!).....and now hubby is saying he is feeling a bit ill (that will no doubt turn in to the worst flu anyone has ever had in the history of time!:lol: )

Anyone else feeling crappy and poorly like us? Oh no, just realised hope I am well for the Herts geek meet!:cry:

Here's hoping you all start to feel better soon. My babies used to get bronchilitus every winter its so sad for them. Sending :hug: for you all.

Oh dear :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have just got over the Flu, never had it before and it totally knocked me off my feet. It was horrid.

Try taking Contac, it is for Flu's and allergys. I took it after drinking about 1000 Lemsips, it done the trick right away.

Keep in the warm, give yourself plenty of sympathy and chocolate.

Hope you feel better soon xxxx

Here's hoping you all start to feel better soon. My babies used to get bronchilitus every winter its so sad for them. Sending :hug: for you all.

Aw thanks Gemma, it is so awful...she can't breathe properly and cos I am ill I am trying hard not to sneeze all over her!

xx

They used to suggest to me sitting in the bathroom with the door shut with the hot tap running and steam them. It helps to open their airways. Not sure if they still say it now but it may be worth a try.

Ive had cold sore after cold sore for the last 3 weeks...got up this mrng and theres another little critter on my top lip.

As for cold i usually get up xmas eve mrng with that, every year without fail!

Something to look forward to huh lol

As a general rule I am usually always without fail ill for my birthday... which is the 20th so as you can imagine carries on over til xmas day! One year I thought I'd escaped it... turns out I was just ill for new year instead! :irked:

Wish you better soon hun.

Awww Pickle I feel for you, I really do. How old is Lyla now? My daughter caught Bronciolitis when she started nursery at 6 months and had it for ages - there was nothing they could do at the hospital as they said it was viral and had to go on its own.

She had the cough for months, and thankfully hasn't had it again but as you say - it's the season for it.

It was so hard though because I got ill too, and tending a sick baby when you're sick yourself is tiring - I was worried she'd never get better with all my germs floating around too.

We propped a pillow under her mattress to keep her upright a bit, used Olbas Oil and had one of those little plug in things that lets off menthol aromas from Boots but to be honest, it's something that goes on its own. Keeping a jug of boiling water on the radiator with Vicks in was something we did for a while too.

Hugs to you all :hug:

ps I used to like Pinky Dinky Doo... is Bear in the Big Blue House still on? Haven't seen that for ages

pps Eeeek at your man getting sick - that's gonna be worse than a nursery full of sick babies.. :lol:

It's horrid when all these lurgies start rearing their ugly heads.

We can all reduce the chance of catching colds by washing our hands regularly and avoiding touching our mouth, nose and eyes.

If you do get a cold, avoid sweet things and alcohol - especially if you have a sore throat.

Drink plenty of water, and avoid mixing with other people where possible so you don't spread it around.

For anyone who is suffering - GET WELL SOON!

I've got a bit of a cold too, or maybe it's a chill.
Must remember to avoid alcohol.....until the weekend:)

...and now hubby is saying he is feeling a bit ill (that will no doubt turn in to the worst flu anyone has ever had in the history of time! )

I have got a bad cold at the moment too.

Ali had this cold a week ago, so I presume thats why I have got it.. but he said it was the FLU!! Typical man.. MAN FLU ...I said, haha, so I know exactly what you mean there Julia! LOL

I got the first signs on Friday night, then had a works xmas doo to go to on Saturday and felt like complete poo but could drop out even though I felt like it because I spent so much money on a ball gown and accessories! Typical.
I stayed out til half 1 in the morning and hardly drank though so I did quite well. I was rough all day Sunday and yesterday, I still have the cold and its really run me down.. but I have been supping lemsips so taken the edge off it thankfully.

I hope its gone before Thursday when I fly over to Lanzarote to see my Mum and grandad and dont want to give them anything. "keep those 'British Germs' over there please" ..as they keep saying to me! LOL

oh tell me about it babes
been 2 weeks full of flu still got a cough
makes me realise that sudafed is a god but being in the family way i aint been able to take it makes me realise how i took it for granted lol

I am keeping my distance from you lot for a while.

Havent had a cold so far yet this winter - just you watch what will happen now!

Hope you all feel better soon. :hug:

tell me about it!

Had it since last week feel like crap, baby Alexander has it too, no doubt my elder two will get it soon too.

Been to the doctors see if he could give Alex anything he says its viral!

Bloody doctor! felt like kissing him so he could have it too!:twisted: He says 7-10 days!

I wonder if that stuff you spray up your nose at the first signs works.Has anyone tried it.

Awww Pickle I feel for you, I really do. How old is Lyla now? My daughter caught Bronciolitis when she started nursery at 6 months and had it for ages - there was nothing they could do at the hospital as they said it was viral and had to go on its own.

She had the cough for months, and thankfully hasn't had it again but as you say - it's the season for it.

It was so hard though because I got ill too, and tending a sick baby when you're sick yourself is tiring - I was worried she'd never get better with all my germs floating around too.

We propped a pillow under her mattress to keep her upright a bit, used Olbas Oil and had one of those little plug in things that lets off menthol aromas from Boots but to be honest, it's something that goes on its own. Keeping a jug of boiling water on the radiator with Vicks in was something we did for a while too.

Hugs to you all :hug:

ps I used to like Pinky Dinky Doo... is Bear in the Big Blue House still on? Haven't seen that for ages

pps Eeeek at your man getting sick - that's gonna be worse than a nursery full of sick babies.. :lol:

She is 13 weeks old so still weeny. I have already put video tape boxes under her mattress to prop it up, put a wet towel on the radiator to humidify, tied a muslin to the corner of her cot with karvol on, steamed her in the bathroom while repetedly singing Balamory and Doodle do theme tunes to entertain:!: , Calpol and Saline drops!

Bear in big blue house is still on!:hug:

xxxx

I wonder if that stuff you spray up your nose at the first signs works.Has anyone tried it.

Vicks First Devence.....well i started with all the symptoms last night..,feel rotten.:cry: So i thought i would get some of this....its about £7 for a little bottle...fine if it works, I'd pay twice that.

So off i trot to Boots and ask for some...the lady brings it out and asks if i have used it before...Nope. She then tells me that her husband used it, and thought it hadn't sprayed properly, so sprayed it again....he fell to the floor saying his head felt like it was going to explode !!!:eek:

He had to go to hospital in the end.

Now this could have just been a reaction that HE has had to it....but i checked out a few review sites on the net about it and most say that it caused, painful nose, bleeding nose, constant nose fluid and stung.

So when asked by the very nice lady in Boots if i wanted it.....i said "no ta, pass me a packet of them Beachams powders instead" :lol: I like my nose the way it is thanks x

Vicks First Devence.....well i started with all the symptoms last night..,feel rotten.:cry: So i thought i would get some of this....its about £7 for a little bottle...fine if it works, I'd pay twice that.

So off i trot to Boots and ask for some...the lady brings it out and asks if i have used it before...Nope. She then tells me that her husband used it, and thought it hadn't sprayed properly, so sprayed it again....he fell to the floor saying his head felt like it was going to explode !!!:eek:

He had to go to hospital in the end.

Now this could have just been a reaction that HE has had to it....but i checked out a few review sites on the net about it and most say that it caused, painful nose, bleeding nose, constant nose fluid and stung.

So when asked by the very nice lady in Boots if i wanted it.....i said "no ta, pass me a packet of them Beachams powders instead" :lol: I like my nose the way it is thanks x

Bagpuss, it does sting and it doesn't work....I am the living proof!

Latest posts

Back