To All: Whats Your Best Beauty Secret?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pure A Day/Night keeps them spots at bay
8 hrs sleep
Bio oil

Day Make up
Dior tinted moisturiser
Diorshow Mascara
Vaseline (a must for my lips)

Night Make up
Double wear foundation - shell beige
Lancome bronzer - 02
Bobbie Brown shadows
Lancome Juicy Tube - 22 Melon (lush)
Loreal false lash effect mascara (stunning)

Asda's face wipes to take the lot off (88p cant go wrong)

xx

Oh... Spray tan ofcause...

Pure A Day/Night keeps them spots at bay
8 hrs sleep
Bio oil

Day Make up
Dior tinted moisturiser
Diorshow Mascara
Vaseline (a must for my lips)

Night Make up
Double wear foundation - shell beige
Lancome bronzer - 02
Bobbie Brown shadows
Lancome Juicy Tube - 22 Melon (lush)
Loreal false lash effect mascara (stunning)

Asda's face wipes to take the lot off (88p cant go wrong)

xx

Oh... Spray tan ofcause...

ASDA FACE WIPES!!!! shame on you...you'd be better off with surgical spirit.

Gin, I look shocking but I'm to p****d to tell or care:lol::lol:

Go on Gabbi,pm a mod to get it moved,i dare ya :lol:
Girls, Dont forget im new here, so not quite sure of the rules.
If theres a problem with the thread itself or the location, by all means get it moved.

I think its ok where it is.Many of the products mentioned are often used by professionals especially Gin.

ASDA FACE WIPES!!!! shame on you...you'd be better off with surgical spirit.

I used the sensitive ones, they are the only wipes that i have found that i can take my mascara off i with, without stinging my eye lids!!

I cant use soap and have to be really careful what else i use or i come out in vile spots and dry skin. I use about 10 of them wipes a day. If i had to use 'branded' ones i would be spending about £10+ a week on wipes!!!

The asda ones are cheap, cheerful and do the job.

xx

I used the sensitive ones, they are the only wipes that i have found that i can take my mascara off i with, without stinging my eye lids!!

I cant use soap and have to be really careful what else i use or i come out in vile spots and dry skin. I use about 10 of them wipes a day. If i had to use 'branded' ones i would be spending about £10+ a week on wipes!!!

xx

Because of my background i couldn't let any form of face wipe or soap near my face.
Im not meticulous about my beauty regime and im not particularly a good advert for my job.I rarely wear make up.But i always cleanse,tone and moisturise day and night with good professional products i really think its important especially as you get older.
Probably the only non professional face products i would recommend are Liz Earle which should be professional and i wish she supplied to trade in bigger sizes as i love it.

2 or 3 liters of water a day.
aloe juice every morning
8 hours of sleep
a balanced diet
total sun block for my face, neck and hands
Boots beauty serum
Boots age rewind night cream
A good hair cut
And finally clothes that fit, never mind what size it says on the label if its tight you'll look fat, sad but true

xx

Ever lightly your eyes sting I if you use face wipes to get your eye makeup off. Have you tried using specific eye makeup remover with cotton wool?

xx
There is a saying..."out of mind out of sight"

These face wipes have no TREATMENT benefits for the skin.Yes ,they will remove your dirt,debris and make up,but LONGTERM they have no benefit to the skin whatsoever.Why?...because of the way they are formulated.I suspect there is no research and development gone into the product,and thats why they do the job,but harshly.

If i was to go to Asda,i would buy my groceries and food there...would i choose my skin care there?

I think not:!:

If you decide to carry on using skin care wipes from Asda,then yes that is your choice...but sadly your skin will age more rapidly...it may not show now...but in a few years time it will.

I also noted you can not use soap....As a skin professional i would NEVER advocate the use of soap any way...the skin has an acid mantle that is there to protect it self...soap is an alkili...the 2 can not mix...once soap is used your skin will then disrupt as it will be unbalanced.

I see you are a skin professional aswell?

Surely using a proffessional skin care brand would be far better an advert for your job to provide for your clientele...and most importantly for your skin.

I see you use CND,which is a professional nail range...why not use the same for your skin??

And as for saying that it will be more expensive using a proffesional range...well that false economy...you would use far less product and it will last alot more longer than a supermarket range.:)

Things i cant live without and couldnt be replaced are;

Eye make up remover, a loreal one . (its the only non oily one that removes everything i can find!! I even use this at work im afraid!)

Origins Get down Clay cleanser - can use it as a mini mask aswell, i love it!

Estee Lauder idealist. Ive used it before and started using it again on holiday last month, my pores have shrunk LOADS!!! Its fab stuff!!

Estee Lauder Double wear foundation / under eye concealer. If u like the foundation try the concealer!!!

Clarins wonder volume mascara - Ive used clarins mascara for the last 5 years, NOTHING compares!!! ZIP ZILCH NADA!!

Ive recently discovered the new YSL foundation with the brush built in, thats REALLY nice to use too. Good coverage but not as much as double wear, nice for day time or to give you a bit of a glow if you don need much coverage! although it still covers my redness!

I think they are all my MUST HAVES! lol.

I find turning the light off works quite well :D

lol

Aloe vera drink every morning
Estee lauder double wear is my holy grail
Bare escentuals pure radiance.
Lots of Mac lipglass
and solar oil of course!

Couldnt agree more with ensuring your skin never dries out.

Whats this aloe vera drink?? is it foul??

Very unusual for a beauty therapist to reccommend Clinique ! Can I ask why you rate it so much ? :)

Yeah i thought that... I cannot STAND the stuff!! the only thing from clinique i can say i ike is a cream eyeshadow, and their chest and back spray for blemishes. I used everything clinique for about a year, and it royally screwed my skin!

xx

A Jane Iredale Magic Mitt would be more cost effective for you, (costs £15.50) its a micro fibre mitt that you use to cleanse your face using only warm water (you can use cleanser with it too) it removes all make up including mascara.

I have 2 they get rinsed very day and thrown in the washing machine (without fabric softener once a week)

They have lasted me over a year and still look brand new.

I have my two young boys using them too.

i like other geeks stock JI if you want any more info I would be glad to help

hth's :hug:

Ever lightly your eyes sting I if you use face wipes to get your eye makeup off. Have you tried using specific eye makeup remover with cotton wool?

These face wipes have no TREATMENT benefits for the skin.Yes ,they will remove your dirt,debris and make up,but LONGTERM they have no benefit to the skin whatsoever.Why?...because of the way they are formulated.I suspect there is no research and development gone into the product,and thats why they do the job,but harshly.

If i was to go to Asda,i would buy my groceries and food there...would i choose my skin care there?

If you decide to carry on using skin care wipes from Asda,then yes that is your choice...but sadly your skin will age more rapidly...it may not show now...but in a few years time it will.

I also noted you can not use soap....As a skin professional i would NEVER advocate the use of soap any way...the skin has an acid mantle that is there to protect it self...soap is an alkili...the 2 can not mix...once soap is used your skin will then disrupt as it will be unbalanced.

Surely using a proffessional skin care brand would be far better an advert for your job to provide for your clientele...and most importantly for your skin.

I see you use CND,which is a professional nail range...why not use the same for your skin??

And as for saying that it will be more expensive using a proffesional range...well that false economy...you would use far less product and it will last alot more longer than a supermarket range.:)

I wear contact lenses so i have to be careful on what i use to take my eye make up off with, i have tried all sorts, you name it, ave tried it! The only thing that agrees with me is wipes. I only use them to take my eye make up off with and the thick of my make up. I have other products mainly stuff that help with spots to cleanse, tone and the rest!

I maybe have ticked 'skin professional' in error... i do spray tans... thats it!

A Jane Iredale Magic Mitt would be more cost effective for you, (costs £15.50) its a micro fibre mitt that you use to cleanse your face using only warm water (you can use cleanser with it too) it removes all make up including mascara.

I have 2 they get rinsed very day and thrown in the washing machine (without fabric softener once a week)

Can you buy them on line?

probably but if you really want one I can pop one in the post for you:hug:

I am not touting for business honestly it's just they really are great and would save you a fortune on wipes:hug:

I saw these at a beauty show I went to but they didn't have any out to try. I'm impressed they take mascara off, I may have a look for them again.

My best beauty tip is laugh often and with gusto!!

I spent years sad.. did nothing for my complexion.. since 3 years now i have made a point to laugh everyday and my god i had smile lines that have opened up my face and beautiful little dimples that i never knew existed!!
i used to have a huge complexion about my earlobes.. untill i saw a burn victim with no ears!! wake up and smell the coffee.. we are all truly blessed..
sick of cliches yet.. thought so.. moving on...

also...

drink loads of water..
spf30+ 2x's a day
have one night a week set aside just for you.. a bath.. few treatments.. and wine!

find a good hairdresser and listen to them.. this has changed my life.. (hehe) i always wanted long hair and thought cutting it would be wrong.. ended up looking like neil.. finaly i found a hairdresser i trust and now have lovely long hair with layers and good condition...

Sex.. lots and lots of sex.. (sorry if i offend) nothing like a good organismn to add colour to your cheeks and make you feel like a WOMAN!!

and one from me mam.. ~A little of what you fancy!! :green:

I don't think my spray tan clients give a flying F about what i take my make up off with! If i come out with the above to them, they would probs laugh at me and tell me to get a grip of myself!
We haven't got any were in the area that sell professional products really (i don't think anyway)
What do you take your eye make up off with?

probably but if you really want one I can pop one in the post for you:hug:

I am not touting for business honestly it's just they really are great and would save you a fortune on wipes:hug:

How much are they?
The water in seaham is very harsh, will the mit still work ok?

I love....the hand exfoliating gloves....like a rough material glove you use in the bath or shower along with your chosen body wash/cleanser .... about 99p from Sally's or even asda.

They are also great to use during a pedi...x

Find Exfoliating Scrub Glove Revitalise your skin b4 tan !! on eBay within, Exfoliators Scrubs, Skin Face Care, Health Beauty (end time 12-Dec-07 15:05:41 GMT)

I LOVE these gloves.... another thing i got from ASDA... how unprofessional?????? ha....

I use them every time in the shower. They are great to use before a spray tan!

Latest posts

Back