Top of glue broke clean off AGAIN

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a mystery as the people it happens to, it happens all the time.

Whilst some people never have a problem........

I find that the lid eventually sticks to the nozzle and when you try to twist it, the nozzle snaps (it always happens at exactly the same point on the nozzle). I lash every day so have the bottle open quite a lot of times throughout the day (although I only have it open for seconds)

I don't use any solvent to clean as this would damage the plastic. I use a dry make up wedge to just wipe the excess then I replace the lid.

I even "roll" the bottle now rather than shaking it to try to prevent any glue splodging out when I open the top.

I really don't want to have this problem so all suggestions are welcome. x

Ok, so this is the second time the top of my Flirties extra strength glue has broken clean off :cry: Im about half way through it and since the last time I have made sure that I have kept it clean and even cleaned the inside of the lid with a cotton bud - I dont pay this much attention to the house!!!!!!! But still it has broken off, I know of one other person this has happened to, is it just me? Anybody else have this problem? There is absolutely nothing more I could have done :mad: Have had to remove a top from my glitter bottle (made sure all glitter was blown out - that was fun) and use that one instead

Anybody with the same problem? Any solutions? :eek::eek::eek:

I've had this happen to me with Francis glues too and why they can't send spare lids out too I don't know. I've just swapped to flirties so will be extra careful as I am a bit heavy handed and always paranoid about shutting it tight enough.
Let's hope wow start listening to their customers.

Julie xxx

Its still happening to me too, whereby I love the glue, I do not love the bottle :eek: Im careful with my glue, make sure its clean, dont do anything I should or shouldnt do with it, same as Elliebee, its open numerous times a day, I lash all day every day but its not open for long amounts of time, will start to rolllllllllll and see if that helps!!!

The fact that Wow say that they have never heard of this problem is amazing as I know many people have phoned and asked for help (new nozzle) or advice, theyre never going to listen cos we still buy it!!

It's never happened to me. Differences are I don't wipe the nozzle and I only open it 2-3 times a week.

Hi

I open mine at least 8 times a day - have never yet had a lid snap off.

Are you leaving your bottle on its side? Is that how the glue is going up the nozzle? Unless you're leaving it really gunky - not sure what you're doing thats so different it affects your lid.

If the bottle is tilted or upside down, then glue would get into the lid causing it to stick to the nozzle and then it would snap.

I never wipe my lid either - don't seem to get it glued up!

Can only advise that you make sure the nozzle is completely clear before you replace the lid.

Hmmmm. This happened to me last week. The company have offered me new lids and advised me to store it in an airtight container, which i appreciate.

But i am using loads more glue than i need to because i have to pour it out of a gaping hole in the top.

I wonder how we stand legally? If i bought a liquid soap from Tesco and the pump dispenser snapped i guess they would replace it. Will try to contact Trading Standards and will report back on what they advise.

I may not use this glue again.

I don't lash every day so it must be something to do with the glue being open for so long or something. I have no idea what I am talking about at this stage LOL. :wink2:

It happened to me I dont lash every day but i keep the lid clean as it gets stuck if i dont , when i called they said the had never heard of the problem and it was something I am doing ... Charming

It happened to me I dont lash every day but i keep the lid clean as it gets stuck if i dont , when i called they said the had never heard of the problem and it was something I am doing ... Charming

Me too.

I'm looking for another glue.

I have spent so much money with this company and I now feel I would rather take my custom elsewhere.

The search for a new glue is starting.........

Me too.

I have spent so much money with this company and I now feel I would rather take my custom elsewhere.

My flirties snapped off last night. So i had to pour... Wasted a lot. When you find something let me know. Or perhaps we can all chip in and help find a new Fab glue x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

When i discussed this with the company via email, they told me that because this had been a business to business transaction, my normal consumer rights didnt apply.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Hello peeps - I switched to the flirties glue and love it and haven't come across this problem. Although when the first bottle I ordered arrived it had leaked from a small slit where the two parts of the top join. I rang to explain and Britta sent a replacement straight away :biggrin:

Just checked with my brother inlaw, who manages a CAB, and consumer rights don't apply in business to business transactions but he said check out the Sale of Goods Act 1979 which includes fit for purpose stuff.

Thank you for asking your brother in law.

Strangely, my sister in law also manages a CAB. I hadnt even thought of asking her!

I hate complaining and felt politely stonewalled by Britta, and as if it was my fault.

My husband (its all about the rellies today lol) is asking the legal dept at work whether we are entitled to a replacement. Hope so.

Me too.

I am hearing whispers of a new glue coming out that may even be better than Flirties.

Haven't got full info but I am so excited.

Iv heard that toooo, sooooo excited cant wait - fed up of the tops keep snapping off!!!

And noooo, I dont leave it on its side or anything like that!!!

Cant wait for a great alternative eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

this happened this morning, i was able to rescue the lid, it hasnt happened with any of my other brands, but i know the therapist in question had poured to much glue out, which had in effect adhered itself together! In all the suga loads of sets we've done as we speak, im making sure she cleans the nozzle with a clean bud. hths xoxo

I am hearing whispers of a new glue coming out that may even be better than Flirties.

Haven't got full info but I am so excited.

Iv heard that toooo, sooooo excited cant wait - fed up of the tops keep snapping off!!!

And noooo, I dont leave it on its side or anything like that!!!

Cant wait for a great alternative eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I think I might have tried this. If its the one I'm thinking of, it is very good.

I think I might have tried this. If its the one I'm thinking of, it is very good.

Have you tried it already? Oh my goodness I am so jealous :hug: I think it is the same one, I never got to try the sample but Iv heard its fab, hopefully will be getting some to try after Christmas eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Arent beauty therapists funny?

We dont need to sniff glue to get a head rush. No sirreeeee. We just need to HEAR about them lol xxx

I've had lots of bottle of the Flirties and never once had a top break. I don't leave my adhesive stood up I just put it in my case after I've used it lay down. I have kept a couple of spare kids incase this ever happens but so far never needed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back