Towels, how often do you change?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachybaby

Reaction score
I have just read a thread on NSS salons and it says that one thing to identify one is that they don't have a new towel for each client.

I use one towel a day, but have bed roll and change that three times for each client. What do you all do? Am i being manky or what?

I was taught to change the towel after every client which I think is a very good idea for hygeine and for client satisfaction. What if you've spilt something on it from a previous client and you dont notice and the client does?!

I ALWAYS have a new towel for eah client-i just bought a whole stack of white ones in wilkos(about 50p each i think) then they can b boiled or bleached if needs be easy enough-and the client wlll feel alot better knowing they aren't sharing their towel with the previous clients!:green:

I would say to use a new towel for each client is nesessary for basic hygine. I'm currently doing mani/pedi as part of my college course and we're taught to use a clean hand/foot drying towel for each client. I'm also doing Creative Spa induction on Dec 1st and just bought 9 white towels over the internet from a towel wholesaler. I chose white so I can wash them, bleach them if needed, and I think white has an all rounder nicer image.

HTH Dani

yep me to, but when I worked at Pulse I didn't use a towl I had a plastic covered hand pad and couch roll and sanatised the pad and table between clients as well as all implements then fresh couch roll in place your good to go:lol:

I also change the towel after each client

i change my towel after each client and i use the paper bed roll too it looks much better when you do it

i got my towels from Primark they look expensive but were something like £1.50 for hand towels

I change my towels after each client.

May I ask why you change the roll you use three times during each treatment ?

Marlise

I change my towels after each client but when i worked in a salon we were only allowed to change the towels once a day (unless doing pedicure), they were protected with couch roll or disposable manicure towels but personally i prefer new towels for every client :)

Marlise

I use couche roll folded over on top of terry towels and as the couche roll gets dusty from filing or dirty with PREP, I fold over and turn over the paper to show a clean surface about 3-4 times during a treatment too. I dont like working with any dirt or dust around me, so hence the turning and folding it throughout the treatment.

of course you can, once after prep and/or blending tips, after applied product and filed, then for polish or gel and maybe art.

Marlise

Eugghh!!! I feel manky now, but i've done it that way for years because of having six or seven clients a day I'd be forever washing! I have enough to do with a two year old. Might give it a go see if I get p****d off!!!

If you are going to use towels then you need to use a clean one for every client .
And with a new paper manicure towl on top of that.

Ruby

I have always used 3 paper towels per client too. I put them all on the clean terry towel and then after PREP I throw the first paper towel away and expose the clean one beneath.

After application and finishing I then throw the second paper towel away, exposing the clean one beneath.

The final paper towel I use during polish application and then in the paper bin it goes.

The terry towel goes in the laundry hamper.

I use two clean towels with every client. (cloth hand towels, white, purchased from the dollar store).
I lay them on top of each other.
Do the filing etc....
Remove that towel.
Finish up on the 2nd towel.

BOTH towels go into the laundry IMMEDIATELY after, and I clean up my station with a surface disinfectant before the next client.

Then out come 2 new towels.

Eugghh!!! I feel manky now, but i've done it that way for years because of having six or seven clients a day I'd be forever washing! I have enough to do with a two year old. Might give it a go see if I get p****d off!!!
i have hand towels made up from bar towelling. Cheaper to buy than towels & you can make them up to the size of your desk. Because they are athinner towel & quite small you can get alot of them into a washing machine. I can get away with washing only every 2-3 days.

I also have 2 towels per client. I prepare my station with equiptment. then put my manicure cushion on then a clean white towel over top of that and then a couch roll over that. The other clean towel is for me and squeking the clients nails.
once the cleint is finished i take everything off santise my table and then put a fresh towel on cushion and fresh couch roll, and fresh towel for me. then put old ones straight into laundry.
take care from Trace x

Every client - I use a terry towel , then 2 layer of disposable, dispose of the the paper ones as they become dusty and change the terry one and sanitize the table before the next client........I think the clients love to see this. Safer for them and me. :hug:

Thanks for your response and I'm off to Asda for 300 white towels!!!! (Smartprice of course)

Hi.

Just a stupid question from a Dane:o

Couch towl? haven't heard that word/expression before... can someone describe hwat it is? :o

What kind of paper towls do you guys use? Graham? or does anyone know of anything cheaper?

Latest posts

Back