TPTW Are you a positive person or a negative one??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, I am quite negative.

I don't mean to be.

I wake up in the morning and see my husband and I see my son and I'm so happy its as if I cannot get through 1 day without someone upsetting me.

If the weather is bad, I feel sooo down, don't want to go out, don't even get dressed!

If it's bright and sunny, I'm so energised and do so much more stuff around the house.

I try to be happy and sit up and smile even driving to nursery but then some ass might cut me up and that's it. BANG

I do put a brave face on it with my mates but I get quite drained acting like a clown while feeling crap inside.

But, I know this isn't good and I'm really happy to announce that I've started some trauma counselling because I'm fed up of being a miserable cow and expecting the World to end any minute!

Sorry to depress you all,

H x

I don't mean to be.

I wake up in the morning and see my husband and I see my son and I'm so happy its as if I cannot get through 1 day without someone upsetting me.

If the weather is bad, I feel sooo down, don't want to go out, don't even get dressed!

If it's bright and sunny, I'm so energised and do so much more stuff around the house.

I try to be happy and sit up and smile even driving to nursery but then some ass might cut me up and that's it. BANG

I do put a brave face on it with my mates but I get quite drained acting like a clown while feeling crap inside.

But, I know this isn't good and I'm really happy to announce that I've started some trauma counselling because I'm fed up of being a miserable cow and expecting the World to end any minute!

H x

Your honesty is extremely refreshing and brave ... see your made of tougher stuff than you realise already!!

Somthing I would do every morning to get yourself onto a new positive track is write a list of a given number of things you are thankful for ... it could be that cup of tea your hubbby made you, when your son gave you that cheeky grin when he woke up....just the lovelly simple things.

When those negative thoughts creep in consiously stop yourself and look for the positive in time this will become a learned and automatic behaviour.

For example .... that car that cut you up ...I am thankful and greatful they didnt crash into me.

Its raining .... lucky me Im tucked up inside all day,I am greatful I work inside ... think of those coppers!! I am lucky I have a roof over my head...many dont ....

You get the picture, also I strongly advise you buy a copy of The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, I think it will completely shift the way you think. xxxx

Ooh also when I had counciling after a traumatic experience, I had cognitive behaviour therapy and it was fab and all on the NHS I think that would help you too hun :Love:

Aww H, you don't depress me, some people find it hard to be "up" all the time we all have our moments & some poor souls just can't seem to shake that feeling off.

My dad was manic depressive & committed suicide a few years ago.
It may seem silly but I try to genuinely see the good in every situation now, sometimes I feel myself getting low & know I need to shake it off, I'm terrified I could go the same way.
I know it's not as easy as that for others we all have to cope on our own way don't we.

Hope you are "up" at the moment H & know the geeks are all here for you xxx

I do worry a lot and I wish I wouldn't but being positive goes a long way.

I think it takes strength to be positive at times but yeah, I do believe in karma and I think there is a lot to be said for determination too.

I don't mean to be.

H x
good for you H .:Love: counselling will be great.

Last edited:
Aww, I love you guys x

I can't help the glass being half empty! I've always thought why am I so negative, I've read the secret (about law of attraction) then few weeks ago was reading about my star sign ( scorpio) and apparently it's down to this! We would rather look at the worst situation and when something good happens its a bonus! So I guess I'll blame that! :) xx

I've just sat & had a think about it after reading this thread & I'm one negative cow, I'm like it most days though, I've always something to moan about mostly about things not worth moaning about, no wonder I'm so miserable haha

Ive never really thought about how negative I am until just now

do you know what from tomorrow I'm going to get up & be positive, as you say life is far too short to waste it.

thanks all for the inspiration x

Aww H, you don't depress me, some people find it hard to be "up" all the time we all have our moments & some poor souls just can't seem to shake that feeling off.

My dad was manic depressive & committed suicide a few years ago.
It may seem silly but I try to genuinely see the good in every situation now, sometimes I feel myself getting low & know I need to shake it off, I'm terrified I could go the same way.
I know it's not as easy as that for others we all have to cope on our own way don't we.

Hope you are "up" at the moment H & know the geeks are all here for you xxx

Been thinking about this all day...

I am truly sorry this happened x

Been thinking about this all day...

I am truly sorry this happened x

Aww H, thank you, he was very sad & wouldn't get help, didn't mean to make you sad hun xx

Reading all the previous comments I thot, omg is it just me?? Everyone is so positive and happy and I'm the opposite most of the time..
I worry about everything I stress about everything and dont know how to get rid of it. I'm hot headed at the best of times too..
I don't mean to be and dont want to be like this..and the doctor just throws antidepressants at u...
Just being honest x

Reading all the previous comments I thot, omg is it just me?? Everyone is so positive and happy and I'm the opposite most of the time..
I worry about everything I stress about everything and dont know how to get rid of it. I'm hot headed at the best of times too..
I don't mean to be and dont want to be like this..and the doctor just throws antidepressants at u...
Just being honest x

That's how I felt... So that's why I'm gonna do something about it. Only live once, gotta make the most of it x

I'm a very positive person, I have been reading motivational books since i was 16 and have learnt over the years to just stop worrying about everything! I always look at the positives in any situation, I'm a problem solver, a go-getter and I'm also very determined.
Nothing is life has ever been handed to me on a plate, I have had to work hard, motivate myself and just keep going, even when I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, at least I'm trying.
Negativity feeds on negativity - Your attitude can take you forward or it can hold you back - the choice is always yours!

Just being honest x

Ive been there hun (doc throwing anti depressants at you!) I think i perhaps made it sound as though it came easy to me.

For me its a learned behaviour, you have to work hard to change your mindset you have to consiously think of the positive to a negative thought, untill you dont have to think about it anymore you are just positive, and lifes just a little rosier!!!

Ive always been quite bubbley and exciteable, I tend to get an idea in my head and go for it, however I also have stress head tendencies which is where my will power comes in to thinking of the postive ... its not always easy but it is always worth it. After all dont we all feel better when we are in a good mood instead of a bad one??? x

Ive been there hun (doc throwing anti depressants at you!) I think i perhaps made it sound as though it came easy to me.

For me its a learned behaviour, you have to work hard to change your mindset you have to consiously think of the positive to a negative thought, untill you dont have to think about it anymore you are just positive, and lifes just a little rosier!!!

Ive always been quite bubbley and exciteable, I tend to get an idea in my head and go for it, however I also have stress head tendencies which is where my will power comes in to thinking of the postive ... its not always easy but it is always worth it. After all dont we all feel better when we are in a good mood instead of a bad one??? x

This exactly xx

Great thread!

I'm a bit of a mixture of the two, though more so on the positive side. Things that have gone in my life have probably made me more positive, even though they are negative/bad situations/experiences to go through. Someone once told me I'm a coper, at first I was worried by this, but its now my motto.. so when anything goes wrong or I feel rubbish I say it like a mantra... you're a coper, youre a coper, you're a coper. I could quite literally kiss the person that said that to me, at first I thought it meant I obviously always had a saga I was going through, but in fact what that person was saying was you don't let things get you down!

I was chatting to my mum about this very thing just yesterday. As some of you know my sis has cancer and we were discussing how Mum is feeling, She said that she is having to cope with everything that is going on and is worried that she has just become unfeeling and devoid of emotion. She's totally wrong of course and I told her so. Sometimes in life we have to see the positives in a negative, as really what's the alternative? Mum would be no use to my sis, nieces and nephews or to herself if she lost it, she just has to keep going and be there to support my sister. So yesterday me and Mum signed up as volunteers for the Moonwalk in Hyde Park in May in aid of various breast cancer campaigns. So yes its total bo**ocks my sister has cancer, but we can do something positive and proactive for her and other cancer sufferers.

Don't get me wrong I actually find sometimes having a good moan is soooo cathartic! I mean that pent up angst has got to come out some where hasn't it. But often being positive and remaining positive even in crappy situations turns that not so nice experience into something nice.

Spreading the positive vibes lovelies! Remember you can't keep a good dog down.... for long! xxx

Last edited:
I love your mantra Im going to use that one myself, perhaps using different words for different situations. Love that you are sharing your wisdom.

And with an attitude like yours I bet your sis is extremely proud as you should be of yourself.... fight or flight springs to mind :Love:

Latest posts

Back