TRAINING CryBaby or MYscara price difference

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a trainer for MYscara, I charge £xxx +VAT for training, regardless of whether someone is lash trained or not, so the cost I quoted is correct for us.

Not sure what others charge (on the Glamlash website - who manufacture MYscara it is also showing at £xxx), but it's definitely £xxx+VAT from us!!

mmmmmm this is a little bug bear of mine for my MYscara training tomorrow....one price of LASH TRAINED one price for not LASH TRAINED.

As it happens I bought the LASH PERFECT kit and training at the NEC which I cant do till July so ...feel a tincy bit gutted but hey ho I GOTTA get my hands on it before anyone else:biggrin:

All professional prices/costings have been edited... took a while as there were quite a few.

Please remember that this isn't a closed forum, anyone can view the posts, including clients!

:wink2:

thanks Sandi x

This is an interesting thread.

I would really like to do this treatment but am torn between the 2 companies Cry Baby or MYscara.
Where this is such a new treatment (to the UK) there is not loads of information on it, so its difficult to choose between the two.

I would be interested in knowing how long of a shelf life the products have once opened?

Is there anyone who has trained with both companies?

I just want to offer my clients the best treatment I can.

I would like to try this treatment myself too, so if anyone is or knows of anyone doing this in the Essex/East London area please pm me. x

Hi Emma, Id be happy to do a cry baby treatment for you xxx

Naomi Mogg I would like to comment that after doing the Myscara training, observing training and taking the training that there is no doubt in my mind that students without prior EE need more time and attention with there training. At least and extra 1-2 hours! This i feel is paramount for correct training and high standards across the board and needs to be standardised for all trainers and trainees! We expect high quality products and training and this is not something to rush! This will also come at a slight extra cost. This obviously will be more beneficial to trainee and thus their business! It is not about just taking peoples money, this is about high standards of training and being the best in your field with products you are confident about. None of which can be shoehorned or rushed!!!

MYscara as a company has minimum pricing for training. However trainers have limited freedom to charge within this. All of our trainers have different areas, overheads etc.. so one price doesnt fit all. For example a venue in London may cost £xxxx a month to hire and a venue in Aberdeen £xxx.

As for concerns with answering calls, we can not answer every call that comes into us at present as we are so busy, but will be moving premises to cope with demand and will be able to answer more calls from 1st July. Best way to contact us is Facebook were we have a team answering throughout the day and evening and by email.

Lou x

As for concerns with answering calls, we can not answer every call that comes into us at present as we are so busy, but will be moving premises to cope with demand and will be able to answer more calls from 1st July. Best way to contact us is Facebook were we have a team answering throughout the day and evening and by email.

Lou x

Then you should consider employing a call taking service. It's intensely irritating when you're trying to contact a company and you can't get an answer.
It will undoubtedly cost money, but it will cost you more in lost revenue if you don't.

We tried a call answering service that however didnt work out, we have one at the moment which we use once per week when doing training but isnt ideal as we end up with 400 + calls to follow up on and. Therefore we are increasing our staff numbers and training up new staff just for calls. xx

If there is a team that is available to answer questions on Facebook throughout the day, wouldn't they be better utilised to answer the phones? I've looked at the Facebook page. Let's take Friday as an example. On Friday there were 6 questions asked. I don't understand why you need a team to be able to answer so little questions but don't have enough people to man the phones when you are getting 400 calls.
Am I missing something? The main complaint with Glam Lash is that nobody answers the phone. I've rung myself and left a message and not had anyone return my call. As a customer it's very frustrating and very worrying and has certainly put me off doing the training. What if I needed to order stock? I just couldn't take the risk and therefore took the decision to train with Crybaby instead. I hope this situation is rectified soon as you will, and have, lost potential sales.

I'm very tempted to book onto the training course next month in Belfast. The only thing that's putting me off slightly is the cost to the client. £45-£65, is that right? Xx

HEY HUN

Im MYscara trained thats the recommended price but u have to 1 consider ure area and overheads etc price is up to you i have a home beauty room and have lowered the price in my area plus an introductory price! to start its up 2 u to set the price x

Crybaby recommend charging £35 so it's very affordable.
A lot of my clients want it just for their bottom lashes to go with their lash extensions so this could be done cheaper. Can't wait to do the training!

Cry Baby recommend £35 - £55 looking at their brochure.....

MYscara recommend around £45. Same difference to me.

Don't know what Lash Dip recommmend, but I have heard tell of salons in the US charging around $200....wowsers!

If there is a team that is available to answer questions on Facebook throughout the day, wouldn't they be better utilised to answer the phones? I've looked at the Facebook page. Let's take Friday as an example. On Friday there were 6 questions asked. I don't understand why you need a team to be able to answer so little questions but don't have enough people to man the phones when you are getting 400 calls.
Am I missing something? The main complaint with Glam Lash is that nobody answers the phone. I've rung myself and left a message and not had anyone return my call. As a customer it's very frustrating and very worrying and has certainly put me off doing the training. What if I needed to order stock? I just couldn't take the risk and therefore took the decision to train with Crybaby instead. I hope this situation is rectified soon as you will, and have, lost potential sales.
People who answer face book are also answering 400+ emails a day. People that are on phones are answering phones mon - fri. We actually need to physically move premises so we can have more people answering calls and have more lines. Soon ...

People who answer face book are also answering 400+ emails a day. People that are on phones are answering phones mon - fri. We actually need to physically move premises so we can have more people answering calls and have more lines. Soon ...

I can't wait until you've got the new place Louise and am looking forward to coming up seeing it too.

I know how hard you've all been working!! How hard we all have! I've seen us all posting on SG and FB until well after midnight, most nights....including weekends! Believe me, it is appreciated!

I know I'm part of the MYscara team now, so I fully admit I am posting from a professional point of view (and have made my geeky declaration as such :lol:), but I did my research and chose this because I truly felt it offered a great quality product, that is within our control to help develop further as the demands of the individual market become more apparent (we all know how hard it sometimes is to get manufacturers in other countries, to take notice of little old us in the UK). The training we received, and now pass on, is second to none in it's quality and commitment to every aspect of the therapists and clients needs and desires.

I'm actually very glad we aren't all jumping for the same product as competition drives excellence all round, and lack of it can cause complacence, and I totally respect everyones right to choose what works for them. I'm sure in some circumstances, Cry Baby will suit one set of lashes whereas MYscara will suit another. We all know our clients and their individual needs.

I personally look forward to some well reasoned discussions on here that will only serve to highlight the exciting times ahead for the introduction of a fantastic new service...semi-permanent mascara, and that makes the therapists who have invested in this service now, successful!! I hope and intend to contribute to the support of the whole industry, as well as my chosen brand.

I can't wait until you've got the new place Louise and am looking forward to coming up seeing it too.

I know how hard you've all been working!! How hard we all have! I've seen us all posting on SG and FB until well after midnight, most nights....including weekends! Believe me, it is appreciated!

I know I'm part of the MYscara team now, so I fully admit I am posting from a professional point of view (and have made my geeky declaration as such :lol:), but I did my research and chose this because I truly felt it offered a great quality product, that is within our control to help develop further as the demands of the individual market become more apparent (we all know how hard it sometimes is to get manufacturers in other countries, to take notice of little old us in the UK). The training we received, and now pass on, is second to none in it's quality and commitment to every aspect of the therapists and clients needs and desires.

I'm actually very glad we aren't all jumping for the same product as competition drives excellence all round, and lack of it can cause complacence, and I totally respect everyones right to choose what works for them. I'm sure in some circumstances, Cry Baby will suit one set of lashes whereas MYscara will suit another. We all know our clients and their individual needs.

I personally look forward to some well reasoned discussions on here that will only serve to highlight the exciting times ahead for the introduction of a fantastic new service...semi-permanent mascara, and that makes the therapists who have invested in this service now, successful!! I hope and intend to contribute to the support of the whole industry, as well as my chosen brand.
Thank you that means alot. Its nice to hear nice things as well as constructive feedback.
We have been nominated again for a few awards and receive many nominations for Wow awards so we are providing great customer service for the majority of our customers. Xx

I've been getting all excited about this semi-permanent mascara so thought it would be sensible to go and have the treatment done on me before booking training. To be honest, i'm a little disappointed. Maybe its because I love the individually applied lash extension look and the "wow!" response you get when you've just had them applied yourself or you apply them to a client but for me, my eyelashes are fairly naturally short so the s/p coating just seemed to enhance the fact that my lashes are short!! I think it would be good for non makeup wearing clients, clients with longer lashes and clients who have never had, or who are never likely to have, lash extension! What do you think?!

Agree.... If you want mega wow... Full long lashes ( if u have short sparse lashes) go for extensions.(and MYscara bottom lashes of course :-0)

If you want to accentuate 'your own' lashes as if permanently wearing mascara...MYscara is for u!

Apply your mascara at home how u usually would on a night out.... That look is achievable with MYscara.

If you need more.... It's eyelash extensions ( more money / more time).

Two different treatments two different prices... A consultation prior to treatment will identify your clients needs!

Latest posts

Back