Trashed nails, no confidence, skint and annoyed!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks nataliya! Everyone does seem friendly, and I can't wait to do some more learning. Felt like the course I went on I was showe how to do it once, expected to do it!!

Thanks nataliya! Everyone does seem friendly, and I can't wait to do some more learning. Felt like the course I went on I was showe how to do it once, expected to do it!!

Unfortunately sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles)) been there myself. CND will sort you out)))

Hi hon! Well you have found this site which is a good step in the right direction:biggrin:. Now for my 2 pennys worth, I tried with a number of training courses, and I honestly felt that maybe it was just going to be something I would not be able to do. I then discovered Salon Geek, and CND. I have done one to one training with their educators, and I can honestly say, it is the BEST investment I have ever made, and I am at the moment doing a one to one training with Brisa. I have discovered a love and a passion for nails. I now love working with l&p, (which before my first session I hated!) My advice, bite the bullet, book your one to one, and come to The Event. The CND education imo is the BEST:biggrin:

Good luck and I hope this helps

Yes, yes and no.:biggrin:
Yes you should do a cnd 121, they are fabulus trainers and I think they earn their money in the first 5 minutes and everything after that is gravy.
Yes you should come to the event Geeg has already said why far more eloquently then I can:Love:
No!!!!! You will not be billy no mates, I will be there, you can't miss me, in the photo, I'm the short one and I have a black walking stick, I'm arriving Friday night with Valencia nails and Natural nails, I'll be on a bar stool somewhere:twisted:
Seriously hun, we are one excited bunch at the moment because most of us have never met face to face. You'll learn heaps and I bet your problems turn out to be a Doh!!!! moment, most of them are;)

Yes you should do a 121 with CND.....

and why did XYZ pass you, when you were having issues ?

Obviously XYZ don't care about anything other than money.

Last edited:
Hi Bezza,

You need your mo-jo back and coming to the Event will help!!!:wink2:

You will not be by yourself for long....I'm going alone and am a bit nervous :Scared: BUT I've taken the bull by the horns and I'm there!!! I'm doing the Tips and Troubleshooting so you will have some company there!!! :hug:

I know that you will feel so much better after spending the weekend with likeminded people. By the end of the Event you will feel like you can conquer the world with your nails!!!:wink2:

Keep smiling and I look forward to meeting you :Love:

hi ya, yes i had a 121 with liza smith cnd trainer.
She was amazing and i learnt more in one day with her that 6 months in a non reconised training class.
go for it!!!

Thank you all sooooo much!! So sweet of you, make me feel very welcome and most encouraged!! I really do want t oget back on it and get that buzz again!!! Will chase up the CND educator in my area again. I don't know why I got passed by XYZ - guess they looked alright after they were straight done but within a few hours they all ifted around the edge. Rubbish!
I feel really lucky you've all been so kind and friendly, really looking forward to the event and hopefully developing better with CND..... thanks again ladies x x

I felt just how u did and decided to do a conversion course with creative which was 121 and i feel so much more confident than before my nails arent perfect yet but im improving all the time from the tips i have been given ! i no what to look for now i would recommend it to anyone !

Just want to say thank you all for your advice! I hada one to one which has helped me out no end. It's frustrating because apparently I'm not that bad but was doing one major thing wrong!! I kept Reading about pressing the bead to help it adhere so was doing this. However I was pressing it so hard that the product went out from the middle, lost the apex in z2, an then was lifting aroun the sidewalls because it was just being pushed there and not properly applied. Anyway, I'm feeling so much better about it all now, my educator even said I was quite good!! I have also been using popits and whilst they still have more air bubbles than a can of coke, there's no lifting an when I paint them (only on myself), you'd never know!!
Hopefully the event will build my confidence even more, I'll get rid of the air bubbles with the popits and I'll be on my way!! Thank you all so much!! Looking forward to seeing you!!

Just want to say thank you all for your advice! I hada one to one which has helped me out no end. It's frustrating because apparently I'm not that bad but was doing one major thing wrong!! I kept Reading about pressing the bead to help it adhere so was doing this. However I was pressing it so hard that the product went out from the middle, lost the apex in z2, an then was lifting aroun the sidewalls because it was just being pushed there and not properly applied. Anyway, I'm feeling so much better about it all now, my educator even said I was quite good!! I have also been using popits and whilst they still have more air bubbles than a can of coke, there's no lifting an when I paint them (only on myself), you'd never know!!
Hopefully the event will build my confidence even more, I'll get rid of the air bubbles with the popits and I'll be on my way!! Thank you all so much!! Looking forward to seeing you!!

It is easy to fix the problem of bubbles with PopIts. Simply a matter of not applying the PopIt too quickly. Leave it until the last second and as long as the surface is shiny you can apply and you won't see a bubble in the finished product.

Latest posts

Back