Turning down a client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnailsbylisax

Reaction score
I have just received a message from someone asking to book in for acrylics. The thing is, i always search through their facebook page before i give appointments, just to get a feel of them.

This particular persons facebook is covered in posts & pics of smoking weed! Some around the children, on days out etc & i absolutely hate that.

Would it be wrong of me to say i dont have any appointments free? I feel abit bad for judging her buy i really dont want clients like that

What would you have done if she called to book? You would have booked her in as there is no time to judge her.. I would say give her the appointment and you could be surprised! :) x

What a client does in their personal time is nothing to do with their nail tech/therapist. Give her s chance, she may be a fab client.

I would book her they could be completely different to what you expect and I wouldn't discriminate. She could become one of your best clients you never know ;)

What a client does in their personal time is nothing to do with their nail tech/therapist. Give her s chance, she may be a fab client.

No but if they are perfectly fine smoking it around kids i'm pretty sure they wouldn't give a second thought to smoking it around a nail tech.

What would you have done if she called to book? You would have booked her in as there is no time to judge her.. I would say give her the appointment and you could be surprised! :) x

I have never had anyone call to book as majority are recommended through my facebook page so i cant really answer. I would've more than likely taken a name & number & offered a callback once i had checked ha

Nobody should be lighting ANYTHING up around your products. Not even a candle. Too dangerous with fumes.

If your mobile and you don't want to risk going into a house where it is smoked then you can definitely say no, if you work from home I would see her once and take it from.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Quite judgemental to be honest. So if you didnt have fb or your client didnt have fb then would you just decline them?

If you mobile and don't feel comfortable going to her house then fair enough but if you have a salon I would still book them in, they shouldn't be smoking when you do nails in any case because of products being flammable

Quite judgemental to be honest. So if you didnt have fb or your client didnt have fb then would you just decline them?

I'm sorry but i'm mobile so if puttingmy safety first means i have to be classed as judgemental, then so be it. I am not willing to go to someones house where i know i would feel uncomfortable just for the sake of money/gaining a new client. I don't agree with drugs, never have & never will.

It depends on why you don't want her. Would you feel the same about a client who earns a good living and does cocaine at the weekends? Is it the lifestyle choice or is it her morals of subjecting her kids to her habit?

It is your prerogative to take a booking or not. If as you say you really don't want her custom then turn her down it as simple as that. I don't see how other people's opinions will help you here if that's how you feel, that's how you feel.

It is your prerogative to take a booking or not. If as you say you really don't want her custom then turn her down it as simple as that. I don't see how other people's opinions will help you here if that's how you feel, that's how you feel.

Sorry i obviously had the impression this forum was to ask people for their opinions on certain subjects. I will leave it at that then. Thankyou all for your replies :)

Sorry i obviously had the impression this forum was to ask people for their opinions on certain subjects. I will leave it at that then. Thankyou all for your replies :)

You have obviously taken some offence that I certainly was not giving here, I just thought your opinions were so strong that nothing we could say would change your mind.
In my experience when there is a chance of changing someone's opinion a good discussion can ensue....when 2 differing implacable viewpoints come together it usually ends up more of an argument.

Unless of course you are not really asking about taking this booking...but how we feel about drugs and drug users....which is completely different;)

Last edited:
I'm sorry but i'm mobile so if puttingmy safety first means i have to be classed as judgemental, then so be it. I am not willing to go to someones house where i know i would feel uncomfortable just for the sake of money/gaining a new client. I don't agree with drugs, never have & never will.

In regards for the original post you just answered your own question.
Your clearly not going to book her in so I don't really see the point.

Are you being judgemental? Yes because you haven't met her yet and you've judged her already on a few photos you've seen.

Are you wrong for not booking her? In my opinion yes. Id personally book her, go there and if there were any drugs etc then of pack up my things and leave.

You'd probably be surprised to learn how many of your clients do some sort of drug in their private lives

in my opinion yes its judgmental and would I go? yes. I would also leave if she sparked up.

however its your business and your clients and your perogative as to who you take on, so it doesn't matter what we think or what we would do and like izzidoll says if you feel strongly then you know what you will do, and that's right for you and there's nothing wrong with that. our opinions wont change that.

like the above poster, I am sure there are lots of things that clients do that we dont agree with. I wouldnt say you're not safe by going there and its a big assumption to make that she will smoke in front of you. But there's no point taking on someone you have made your mind up about.

I wonder what a supplier would assume about me from my fb....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi lovey

If you feel uncomfortable for any reason don't accept the booking. Is it judgmental? I don't really think that's the issue. If YOU don't feel comfortable going in to someones home, YOU don't have too. Don't over think it. xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

They shouldn't be smoking full stop when you are there. It would be classed as a work place, therefore the no smoking law applies.

Thankyou happyfeet & ellisangel i never knew that? Will definitely keep that in mind thankyou. Thankyou all for your replies. She asked for my prices & once i told her she said she has only ever paid £15 maximum before so thats that settled :) x

Latest posts

Back