Unhappy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am worried sick and cant stop crying. Never before have i had a complaint. My first ever complaint may distroy me. I did a manicure, one of many. I Always offer extra for my ladies, wether it is french polish, hand massage, oils etc at no extra charge. She left me very happy, paid cash in full. Received a letter today saying how disssapointed she was wanted a refund and my insurance details. I am absolutely beside myself and have not stopped crying.

Here’s my opinion (for what it’s worth)…

I am very new to nails so cannot claim to be any kind of expert here but… I’ve just left an industry (the motor trade) where customer complaining when there’s nothing to complain about is rife, and you have to understand that sadly in life there will always be complainers, there will always be people after ‘something for nothing’.

The old saying that “the customer is always right” means that the customer is entitled to receive the service for which they have paid – it means they deserve to be treated professionally, courteously and fairly (it doesn’t mean that the customer is always right because that would be stupid). If you have done your job properly, and I’m sure you have, if you have been professional, fair and courteous, then do not give her a refund, there is no reason why you should.

My advice to you would be to contact your insurer and tell them what has happened so that they can note it in your file. If the customer then insists on you giving her your insurance details, at least your insurer will have your side of the story first – they are on your side. However, in my experience, they’ll never hear from her.

Don’t let this destroy you – pick yourself up, dust yourself down and keep going – This will make you stronger I promise.

Sxxx

I would contact your insurance company for advice. Your insurers are there to act for you, not your client, and they will need full details of any claim she is making. It is unlikely there is any claim at all, but your insurance company should be able to give you some guidance on how best to handle her.

OMG./ What she was complaining about??:eek: It sounds like she is a bluff. Her nails are ruined after a manicure??? I don't believe it. And what does she want the insurance details for? If I was you I wouldn't worry about her, just make her come and have a look at her nails, then explain that there is no way you couldn't have cause all this problems, there is absolutely no way. :hug::hug::hug:

i had a complaint once of a simular nature but with different symptoms all of which were ficticious, i offered to sort out her problems and booked her in for a manicure the following week, suprisingly she didnt turn up and never heard from her again, nor did my insurance company.
Also if her nails were flaking by the next day surely she would have had to take the polish off to see it? and if so why would she take it off?, if her cuticles were that damaged then surely she wouldnt have put polish remover anywhere near them!!! all sounds very suss to me!
My client was clearly only out for a free manicure, i was devistated at the time but as you progress with your career you will find that you cant please everybody, try not to take it to heart even tho its hard not to.
Good luck xx

I think you should contact your insurers , give them the heads up, then I think your next step is to write to your customer (make sure you send it recorded and photocopy your reply) and ask her to come into the salon so that you and her can discuss the situation.

Make no offers of refunds or free services or explanations in the letter. IF she comes in (unlikely) then ensure you have a witness with you and a camera to take pictures of the hands. DO NOT give her your insurers details unless your insurers think you should. Take their advice , its what they are there for .

best of luck and try to remain as calm as possible. You need to keep a clear head and although it is distressing and upsetting, you must be calm and focused.

tigi
xxx

I

First off how awful:hug: secondly I would certainly be wanting to see her nails infront of a witness. what is soo bad with her nails. I would call her bluff and ring ur insurance.

I can not believe people can be so pathetic some times, surely she would of come to you first if she was so dis satisfied?? I would pick myself up and say hey ho. Would a big brand like Next or M&S let you sue them about faulty products without seeing them first hand,,,no, tell her you want to see her nails, and for her to explain what is the problem.:irked::irked:

I'm sure you did everything you could. You can't please everyone, I know it's upsetting :hug:

I'm calling the bluff on the insurance, that's just ridiculous!! And really.. Was she that unhappy?? I think not!! Some people are just complainers :irked: (not to sound too negative)

Chin up!!! :green:

I am worried sick and cant stop crying. Never before have i had a complaint. My first ever complaint may distroy me. I did a manicure, one of many. I Always offer extra for my ladies, wether it is french polish, hand massage, oils etc at no extra charge. She left me very happy, paid cash in full. Received a letter today saying how disssapointed she was wanted a refund and my insurance details. I am absolutely beside myself and have not stopped crying.

I'm sorry you experienced this, but at least now you have had your first complaint and you can not be afraid of that in the future. :hug: In this business you can not please everyone. Now having said this the first thing that popped into my mind is that she wants a free service. She probably goes around and does this to other places. I would not give her a refund. If she has already gotten her nails done someplace else, then asking to see her nails won't help. How unreasonable of her to think that in one manicure you are suppose to create a miracle. Not to mention that she has to do her part in doing her home care. Hope this works out for you and I bet you that you won't hear from her again. :hug:

Latest posts

Back