Updates Nov 7th, 2009

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Notice anything different? Here is the low down on a couple of key changes I have been working on implementing today.

Navigation

I have just tweaked the navigation system to streamline some of the functionality for new users and to remove less commonly used or redundant functionality.

You will now find links related to your profile in the top right corner alongside the help and the Logout options. Clicking your user name will take you to your Profile while clicking Settings will take you to your User Control Panel where you can track subscriptions, Reputation, change your avatar, etc...

If you there is a navigation option that you used frequently that has now suddenly vanished and now life has lost its meaning... Let me know what it was so I can see if I can add it back.

Chat

I am also experimenting with a new chat system. This system is similar to Facebook. Currently it is only set up to establish chats with people in your friends list. Should the system stay, I will most likely change that behaviour. In order to determine if it will stay, I need to monitor its resource usage over the next little while. If the impact is manageable, it will stay, otherwise it will be reserved for Premiums or be removed entirely. In the meantime, have fun with it and hammer away :)

Anyhoo... as ever, we look forward to your feedback and...

nJoy

Thank GOD we have Chat back it will be juts like the good ole days well for me been a gobby geek anyway xxxxxxxx Thanks Sam your a star :hug:

Just remember, its here for a trial period :)

OMG its like facebook geek xx

Just remember, its here for a trial period :)
Of course but if you do make it just premmies that means I will still be using it :hug:

well I think I've used my 'chat' quota up already :lol:

I love the navigation bar at the bottom too...

Good times xxx

Woop woop I love it!! :)

love the new chat window :lol::lol:

New chat window is great x

someones been busy...love the private chat thing

looks fab :)

liking having a chat back...... it will be good to chat to other geeks again live ...

Jess x

Yes am liking the new format. Yeah we have chat! Love the little bar at the bottom. Liking the tidy-up on the top of the page too.
Not liking the new blog format though :cry:

Love it all especially chat

I love the extra large blog page too....might stop me missing out on some...

I am loving all this new look and function stuff....... nice one Sam xxx

:eek: I thought my pc was going funny when I logged on this eve. Thought it was me being stupid lol.
Love it!!!
Nice work :hug:
Ps loving chat maybe some oldies will stop using FB and do Geek chat instead
Jen xxx

love it all especially the chat. who need facebook now?:hug:

Loving the new look. The chat looks good, but I was viewing on my phone and it must have shown me as online and people tried to chat with me. Obviously as I was on my phone I didn't see the pop up boxes so it looks like I was ignoring people. Sorry geeks :eek: :cry: :hug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back