Updates Nov 7th, 2009

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great new changes love the chat window but!! i think its important to keep the chat option to added friends only,
That is just my opinion not that of the company :eek: (ive been here before:irked:) only recently forgiven :rolleyes:
it gives members the chance to VET incoming chat ers,and stops,weirdo stalkers and unscrupulous distributors bombarding potential clients.:hug:

It is set to friends only, however Premium Geeks can now start a chat with anyone from clicking the
comment.png
icon in posts or profiles.

I think the premium requirement stops most freazoids and all in all, no different from the PM system, just faster moving.

I think it's quite good that premmies have the extra chat function.

Lovin the new changes - just one question - if we choose our status as invisible how does that show in the whose online for chat?

You need to set your chat as invisible too.

You need to set your chat as invisible too.

Now I get it - I think - thanks Sam.

So if the profile is invisible but the chat is left alone we will show as online in chat but not online on the home page/profile?

OK, I have updated the system so that if you have your profile set to invisible, you will not appear in your friends 'online friends' box.

If do not have your profile set to invisible, you can set your chat status to invisible to achieve the same result (peeps won't see you as available to chat).

The exception here is that a Premium Geek can still start a chat with you by clicking the chat bubble icon in your posts or profile. You will then have the option to ignore or respond.

There is still an issue whereby as soon as the chat is sent to your browser, the system thinks you have read it (even if you aren't at your computer). After 30 minutes or so, the system archives read messages out which means it is conceivable that the message could be removed before you can physically read it if your browser is just 'hanging out'. This has happened to me on many occasions the past few days.

Love the new look and chat is brill, Thanks Sam. xx

hi where has the geek gallery gone??? really like looking at everyones diff nails and designs to get inspiration! please let me no! :cry:

Hey Ella, we merged the gallery into the User Albums as it was confusing to have both and we are trying to get things streamlined for an up and coming massive update. You can view the recently updated albums by clicking the 'other->pictures & albums' or by visiting the users profile.

Latest posts

Back