Urgent help! Is it the product or my technicians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dear is all I can say :) just to drag this thread up again, I'm interested as to where u r getting the products from to even think it could be a 'dodgy pot' lol

I'm sorry but this thread is setting off alarm bells and in My honest opinion there is absolutely zero Education within this salon, there is no way the OP would close her business if her 'Techs' were educated in other areas of treatments. It would be suicide. I can see a certain Insurance company being extremely busy during the next couple of weeks!!!! (Absolutely no offence intended of course, just my Opinion)!!

Hmm, why would you open a nail bar if you had no clue yourself about nails? That would be like opening a garage and knowing nothing about cars?
I think all 3 of you need training/further training x

Just wondering what the outcome to this was

Oddest thread ever?? Im interested too.

Ok prob should let this die as lots of very good advice given previously... However wanted to add something small.... I've noticed you have 2 FB pages one business the other personal for your company... Customer comments r great but ur obviously getting a few ppl posting to you re lifting, breaks and unpaid refunds - my suggestion would be to either turn off client comments feature until you resolve the significant issues your having and allow for alternative resolution process like the telephone! As reputation is everything. If you don't want to do this I'd suggest that your responses need to be more empathetic and beneficial to the client. A simple " thanks we are looking into it xxmwha" is a deterrent for future customers. Maybe "Lisa I am disappointed you seem to be having issues with your nails. I will call you to arrange a time when you can come in and we can look at them for you". Def don't leave the unpaid refund comment hanging.

Best of luck!! X

I use Nsi Attraction and applied correctly then there is no lifting. It is nearly always down to incorrect application or shabby prep. Try having a look at the nailangel tutorials on the Nsi website. These show you how to use their products correctly. Also Gemma Lambert has some tutorials on there and on youtube. And just because someone has a level 3 qualification doesn't guarantee skill. That comes with many hours of practice. All the problems you are describing sound like basic errors due to lack of experience.

This thread seems ultra dodgy to me and seems like a quick buck scheme gone wrong. Just my opinion.

Hi there,

From reading all the replies that you have received they all give correct advice; however I thought it maybe helpful to list the treatment process I use. I am a Level 3 Nail Tech with my own small business and use NSI products with no customer complaints.

1. Lay a piece of table roll paper that can be changed and thrown away during the application process

2. Spray their hands, yours and tools to be used with NSI sanitize spray. Also ensure that all your equipment to be used has be sterilized.

3. Preparing the natural nail plate is very important as it effects the quality of adhesion.
a) If tips are to be applied, cut clients natural nails down and file the free edge smooth.
b) Massage a small amount of NSI Cuticle Vanish cream in and around the cuticles making sure it goes over the natural nail as small amounts of cuticle skin can be pulled up the nail as it grows, so although not easy to see, it can be there. Take your cuticle pusher and gently push across the the length of the nail until you have a smooth nail surface and an even cuticle.
c) Wipe with NSI Pure Plus
d) With a 180g file or sandturtle file gently buff the surface of the natural nail ensuring you reach around the sides and cuticle area
e) Remove dust with plush brush and wipe again with Nail Pure Plus.

4. You are ready to choose and apply a tip now. .....

OH!! I have just remembered that if you log onto Nail Angel: Home they have videos that show you every step of the way for the correct application process of acrylic or gel nails - saves me typing it out.

Good luck and Happy New Year

...I read this thread waiting on a tardy client (not realizing it's kinda old) and half-way through it saw a term I didn't like said by the OP. Then I stopped. :lol:

...I read this thread waiting on a tardy client (not realizing it's kinda old) and half-way through it saw a term I didn't like said by the OP. Then I stopped. :lol:

Was it the 'C' word by any chance? :p

Methinks the OP may have dropped off radar due to the post being well dodgy anyway, hasn't posted since September!

Would be interesting to have an 'update' tho :cool:

Was it the 'C' word by any chance? :p

Methinks the OP may have dropped off radar due to the post being well dodgy anyway, hasn't posted since September!

Would be interesting to have an 'update' tho :cool:

♪♫ And Bingo was his name-o! ♪♫ :lol:

I am a trainer myself and I agree dry cuticle remover is vital, and very importanct to use a primer on just the natural nail. It should go onto the tip or flood the cuticle area.

what ever happened to this ?

A chancer if ever I saw one...
I have to say I do not 'admire' this 19 year old at all. And I don't understand why anyone would admire her.
She seems to think our industry is an easy, money making scheme. Insulted..
Also where did she buy her nsi products without a cert

A chancer if ever I saw one...
I have to say I do not 'admire' this 19 year old at all. And I don't understand why anyone would admire her.
She seems to think our industry is an easy, money making scheme. Insulted..
Also where did she buy her nsi products without a cert

Lol you don't need to to prove qualifications with NSI you just have to register. Before I did my mani/pedi I had to register to buy my bits and bobs for training and could freely buy anything. That's the problem.

Latest posts

Back