Uv sealant,topcoat??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam1

Reaction score
There seems to be alot of confusion over these products and when and on what they can be used, so I thought it might help if we had a list so to speak of products and uses.This is what I've come up with so far if anyone can think of any more let me know or if I get it wrong let me know.

uv or gel sealant-used to finish gel or l&p enhancements,removes the need for buffing to a high shine,can only be applied to buffed product(ie after refining enhancements) or directly over gel before removing sticky layer,these are not suitable for over polish.
NSI Glaze n go, permagloss
IBD Intense seal or Ultra seal
Creative Brisa finishing gloss
Ezflow Finish it gloss
OPI UVseal, Liquid buff and there is one for Clarite but I can't remember what its called
VP Seal n Shine
LeChat Pro tec
Star nails Quattro uv coat

Uv Sealants designed to prevent yellowing and give high shine, these need to be used after you buff the nails smooth and may or maynot be cured under a uv light these are also not used over polish
IBD Acrylic Bright
Ezflow UV30 (this needs a topcoat over it as some sunproducts can cause stickyness)
VP Glass Kote
Entity Uv topcoat

UV Topcoats these are designed to go over polish and artwork to prolong wear and are not suitable for natural nails
IBD UVtopcoat
NSI Thermoshield(salon) Airshield(for retail to clients)
Creative UV dry topcoat

These are just some I came up with

Great thread Sam, I can't personally think of any others, but i'm sure there are some.

Ooh, i have thought of one,

Star Nails Quattro UV topcoat- This is used either as the top gloss after a set of gels are done, or it can be used as a gloss coat on top of L&P.

Cool added it to the list.thanks

Star Nails Sealer with UV block
Used over Gels, Acrylics and Wraps
But it is the best over airbrushing :) (2 Coats) makes the design last ages and ages.

Jill

nsi glaze & go over l&p and gel (hope i havent missed it on the list already) :rolleyes: :green:

Just off on a tangent slightly - I have started using IBD Intense Seal over gel and always clean the dispersal (sticky) layer before applying. Can you just apply it without cleaning this layer off the gel? If so it will save a little time. Great thread, thanks.

Just off on a tangent slightly - I have started using IBD Intense Seal over gel and always clean the dispersal (sticky) layer before applying. Can you just apply it without cleaning this layer off the gel? If so it will save a little time. Great thread, thanks.

Yep, unless you need to refine the enhancement for some reason then you remove sticky layer buff then apply intense seal.If everythings looking good just apply it straight over the sticky layer and cure.

Thanks so much Sam - you learn something new on this Geek site every day!

yellow out is another topcoat,(blocks UV) just paint it on and air dry

There seems to be alot of confusion over these products and when and on what they can be used, so I thought it might help if we had a list so to speak of products and uses.This is what I've come up with so far if anyone can think of any more let me know or if I get it wrong let me know.

uv or gel sealant-used to finish gel or l&p enhancements,removes the need for buffing to a high shine,can only be applied to buffed product(ie after refining enhancements) or directly over gel before removing sticky layer,these are not suitable for over polish.
NSI Glaze n go, permagloss
IBD Intense seal or Ultra seal
Creative Brisa finishing gloss
Ezflow Finish it gloss
OPI UVseal, Liquid buff and there is one for Clarite but I can't remember what its called
VP Seal n Shine
LeChat Pro tec
Star nails Quattro uv coat

Uv Sealants designed to prevent yellowing and give high shine, these need to be used after you buff the nails smooth and may or maynot be cured under a uv light these are also not used over polish
IBD Acrylic Bright
Ezflow UV30 (this needs a topcoat over it as some sunproducts can cause stickyness)
VP Glass Kote
Entity Uv topcoat

UV Topcoats these are designed to go over polish and artwork to prolong wear and are not suitable for natural nails
IBD UVtopcoat
Creative UV dry topcoat

I apply EzFlow Finish it! on gel after removing sticky layer, shaping nail and wiping with a nail wipe or manicure brush.
EzFlow UV30 is an optical enhancer, not for use with nail polish.
EzFlow speed finish is a uv topcoat for use with polish.
hth

I have used Star Nails Quattro over polish for a long time and never had any trouble.

Young Nails Finish Gel is another UV cured top gloss which has no inhibition layer to wipe...... (and it's fab!)

IBD UVtopcoat
Creative UV dry topcoat

Do you mean that these can be used over polish on natural nails or can only be used over polished enhancements.

Just wanted to clarify because i want to try and find a product apart from polish top coat that helps the colout to stay a little longer before chipping/wearing off.

Nailite "Seal-It"
To be used over L&P or UV Gel, cure and wipe.
Also great for over airbrushing, and over funky-french's or other polish or acrylic paint art.
It will NOT remove with acetone, nor dull if acetone is used to remove polish that was painted over. Stays super shiney.

Hth's

Young Nails Finish Gel is another UV cured top gloss which has no inhibition layer to wipe...... (and it's fab!)

Cosmic high shine sealer does exactly the same thing but is about £6 cheaper per bottle! (bonus!)

ProFinish has a UV top coat and can be used over polish ,on enhancement or natural nails ....and no need to wipe....

ProFinish has a UV top coat and can be used over polish ,on enhancement or natural nails ....and no need to wipe....

Is this a permanent topcoat that needs to be buffed off? Or is it removable with acetone?

Is this a permanent topcoat that needs to be buffed off? Or is it removable with acetone?

removable with acetone or just polish remover.....I personally love the stuff...can be cured with ANY UV lamp for 3 minutes......

Thanks Melissa

Do you know if this product is available in the UK? Tried to google it but it is not coming up with what I think it should be.

Anyweb site links?

yellow out is another topcoat,(blocks UV) just paint it on and air dry

I've managed to get this in the UK too and its great over L&P:)

Latest posts

Back