Verrucas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiebbaby

Reaction score
My 6 yr old little boy has 3 Nasty verrucas on bottom of his foot I have tried stuff from chemist which freezes however the screams were mercifully. I have been thinking I bought the gel stuff and noticed the active ingerdients as being salicylic acid and camphor,, and not to use on children under 13 yrs, I them thought I wander if I could use my cnd sea serum or cuticle remover to soften the hard skin ?? The active ingredient in my sea serum is lactic acid ?.

I am using the corn plasters which have been improving but I have threw box away so can not look at ingredients but by looking at my sons foot it looks similar to having sea serum on as skin is sof and peeling away which slows me to use a soft abrasive to file dead tissue away,,, should any if these not be used in children? Would it do just the same??

Driving me crackers any help or advice please would be great xx

This site has some different remedies you might like to consider.

Helen Swan ~ Natural Health Answers Remedies for Warts and Verrucas

Good luck, I hope they clear up soon.

I cant answer your specific question but someone once told me that gaffa tape gets rid of them, there is supposed to be something in the adhesive that kills it. how true it is i dont know i have not been blessed with the blighter's in my house (touch wood). xx

Gaffa tape REALLY. I've tried everything the chemist has to offer and still no joy. Off to B and Q or Focus tomorrow. Oh fingers crossed lol x:)

I cant answer your specific question but someone once told me that gaffa tape gets rid of them, there is supposed to be something in the adhesive that kills it. how true it is i dont know i have not been blessed with the blighter's in my house (touch wood). xx

I have been left with one of these delightful things recently... I too have tried chemist remedies. My partner has a painting and decorating firm and has plenty of that stuff! But really! gaffer tape? I shall be off to bed soon with my foot wrapped in the stuff! Awful things to have! I will report back!
Xx

Mmm I did try this aswell as these little blighters have been around for some time now as when they first appeared I was told "leave them alone" they were causing no pain so I just left them. However 6 months later there still there and GROWING lol. Now my little boy plays football 5 nights a week and he started complaining, one of his coaches ( my son is coached by EFC ) he said try gaffer tape , tried it and it seems to have same effect of that as the callus /verrucca remover, so maybe there is something on the sticky side of that tape which helps???

katiebbaby, did you ever try out that nail polish trick that someone mentioned on here the other night?

Yes and it was working, more than leaving it alone ad prev advised by DR, or the freeze stuff, it was most definatelay working. However I was getting a bit panicky as they were getting rather big, as one of them was making the side if his foot quite swollen, so I panicked and bought the patches, but I'm sure I could of used some cuticle away placed on duct tape and left for 2 days then washed off and repeated . Xx

Probably been mentioned on here before but I've heard about the banana peel one, tea tree oil, and just keeping a plaster on it all the time to keep the area dry and preventing it from getting any oxygen. Bless him, I bet he's going through the mill with all these treatment sugestions.:hug:

Maybe if they're really hurting your little boy, it might be worthwhile taking him to the chiropodist and get them to use liquid nitrogen to freeze it off?

My son had a verruca and the nurse told me to use Duck tape too. She said all you need to do to kill off a verruca is stop the air getting to it. So put the duck tape on and leave it on for as long as you can then clean and replace.

I actually ended up taking my son to have it frozen as he had school swimming lessons and was quite distressed at having to wear a verruca sock. Understandable when you are 8 lol!

We were lucky as it only needed one go and then a few days later it just peeled off :eek:

I have tried that initally only for him to scream that much with pain as you need to hold on the verrucca for 30 seconds (long time when it feels like your torturing your son :(). I then went to my gps and they advised treatment which I said above :(.

The verruccas are now starting to go (I hope) they have a deep home in middle of them and tissue sorounding is easily removed when filed away,, so fingers crossed.

Please try the banana it worked wonders for my son, a small bit of banana skin wrapped around the foot with the inside peel against the verruca. We did this for 5 nights... nothing, then a few days later the verruca went completely black and fell out leaving a large but very clean hole and all the little one around the main one dissapeared. Its worth a try..

my son had a massive 1. we'd go to the dr's every month to freeze it off, didn't work after 12 months the dr said leave it when the body realises its there it will get rid of it. sure enough he got up 1 morning and it was gone.

Please try the banana it worked wonders for my son, a small bit of banana skin wrapped around the foot with the inside peel against the verruca. We did this for 5 nights... nothing, then a few days later the verruca went completely black and fell out leaving a large but very clean hole and all the little one around the main one dissapeared. Its worth a try..

Ooh, this sounds fab! My daughter has a massive one, bless her, and we've tried everything, to no avail - poor poppet. How do you hold the banana skin in place? x

Hold it with a plaster or duct tape - it works! :)

My 6 yr old little boy has 3 Nasty verrucas on bottom of his foot I have tried stuff from chemist which freezes however the screams were mercifully. I have been thinking I bought the gel stuff and noticed the active ingerdients as being salicylic acid and camphor,, and not to use on children under 13 yrs, I them thought I wander if I could use my cnd sea serum or cuticle remover to soften the hard skin ?? The active ingredient in my sea serum is lactic acid ?.

I am using the corn plasters which have been improving but I have threw box away so can not look at ingredients but by looking at my sons foot it looks similar to having sea serum on as skin is sof and peeling away which slows me to use a soft abrasive to file dead tissue away,,, should any if these not be used in children? Would it do just the same??

Driving me crackers any help or advice please would be great xx

Three of my children have had these and all have ended up going to the clinic run by chiropodists. They use scalpel blades to remove the dead layer then apply the solution on top. They also advise you to put on banana skin (yes banana skin) when the plaster falls off; which they inevitably do. They confirmed that it does work and obviously bananas are not something you would ever hesitate to put on your child's skin.

I am wondering if any of the posters would update us as to the progress of their natural rememdies?

Latest posts

Back