Very Fine Glitter, Where To Buy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
tracey+louise-albums-my+album-picture14075-traceys-nails-009.jpg

i did this nail a over a week ago and using attitude aurora glitter which i love but as you can see its already going yellow and this is under a gel topcoat.
does anyone know of a holographic glitter like this that i can but to mix with either gel or l&p?
ive already got nsi opal shimmer but its not really what i class as being holographic iykwim.
thanks for any suggestions.x

Last edited:
have a look at nailuk.com the glitter dust is micro fine & the silver especially is very holographic

hope that helps xx

I got loads of pots from my local cake shop!

we us le chat glitters and they are great. long lasting, non yellowing etc. also 'out the door' do a holographic top coat which is nice to use too.

lovely nail by the way!

Have you seen Young Nails Crystal Glitter Mix? It looks the same as on your picture. Its just really fine glitter dust (their other glitters are not so fine as crystal) so you can mix it with gel or l&p. I got it in my colour gel kit from them. I did not see it sold separately on their site though. Maybe you can ask them? (They also have a great Pearl Pigment Mix what works wonders with gel.)
Your pic reminds a bit of INM Northern Lights topcoat. And Young Nails Crystal looks the same to me. I have a pic of YN glitter on nail bed (free edge is different). I took it with macro so its more shiney in real life.
Salon Geek
Found one more pic where it shows even better:
Nailz I´ve done.
And a pic with INM topcoat:
http://www.aetznailzz.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=27093328
Hope it helped:hug:

Last edited:
thanks for all the replies.
yes aet it does look very similar as the ones i your pics its just a shame i cant buy it seperately.as all my other glitters are fine but i just cant find one thats like the one on the nail so that i can use it on the nail bed etc.. and something i can mix with gel & l&p.its a shame as all my glitters i already have can be mixed with both they just dont do one like the nail polish in the pic.x

Nice Nail!!!!! :)))

you might want to try you local craft stores or scrapbooking stores. they usually have ultra fine glitters in a wide variety of colors - probably wont cost you much either. i have used this in nails too if i am out of something and need it in a hurry.

bralynstudio

Young nails Diamond Dust is fab! They have such a great range of glitter powders and they are so sparkly! You can order them separately and they deliver the very next day! :lol:

Sheila x

We had a lady from young nails come in and do a nail art course as part of our college level 3 nail technology - she advised us to buy glitters and paints from craft shops as they were as good as the nail products but a fraction of the price- I know you can get cake decoration glitters obviously these are edible, but maybe they are okay for nails as well??!! I'll stick to craft world tho'!:lol:

Sarah

I always use young nails glitters fantastic colours and fab with acrylic or gel

thanks for all your replies.
i do already already buy my glitters from a cake shop which i have previously shared many times with you geeks,i love the colours and have no problems using them with either gel or l&p but they dont seem to sell one similar to the nail polish i used in the picture.so i abit stuck!

dream weaver from nail graphix is a really fine glitter i love that one x

Latest posts

Back