Violence in London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops the should have been manchester 

I can't quite believe what I am seeing. A lot of my surrounding areas have been affected and it's getting closer all the time. It's a very worrying time and I hope everyone stays safe and that something is done very soon!

Or maybe it will be the beginning of a new tougher reform. Get the military in, show them who's boss.

Every cloud... :)

Agree!

Stay safe, everyone.:Love:

Just wanted to say how appalled I am at the riots currently spreading across the UK... last time I checked it had spread from London to Birmingham, Bristol and Liverpool.

Hope everyone is safe...

Any businesses affected by this so far?

Adam

Well all my family are from peckham...where i was born and bred....have been on and off the phone all night to my sister who had to endure walking past a burning bus with my 6 year old niece in tow....

Business wise..i am based in orpington high street which was laso hit a few hours ago....i will be calling the girls tomorrow to see what has happened and go down if need be.

The retail park at the bottom of my road has been done...last reports of 50 yobs in balaclavas...really frightening

Well all my family are from peckham...where i was born and bred....have been on and off the phone all night to my sister who had to endure walking past a burning bus with my 6 year old niece in tow....

Business wise..i am based in orpington high street which was last hit a few hours ago....i will be calling the girls tomorrow to see if anything has happened and go down if need be.

The retail park at the bottom of my road has been done...last reports of 50 yobs in balaclavas...really frightening

I always thought the Brits were so polite... :sad:

Business wise..i am based in orpington high street which was last hit a few hours ago....i will be calling the girls tomorrow to see if anything has happened and go down if need be.

Really frightening. I'm in Mcr City centre and the helicopters have been out most if the night with sirens blaring as well.

So far doesn't seem to gave spread to us though.

I've got friends in Croyden devastated by the destruction there.

Mindless tons and thieves. They have no political message to give and this needs to stop now!

Rubber bullets, water cannons, tear gas and the Army. Why not? The Government needs to take short sharp action over this immediately to bring it to an end before it gets totally out of hand.

For the first time every we felt afraid in our own city last night which we love so much and it's not right, it's not fair and it's totally unjustified.

Have you seen the long thread "violence in London" Andy? Lots of comments to read, its all very sad. I'm from croydon and my dad used to work in the shop "reeves" thats been in the same family hands for 5 generations, burnt to the ground.

from Debbie's HTC Sense

its all about GREED, for goodness sake, what is wrong with people? you can buy a tv for barely nothing because someone works their arse off in some far eastern country for nothing, and these people want just want to wreck anything they can to get a free tv, with no regard for the human cost.
AAARRRGHHH, its the 'Jeremy Kyle generation' i want, i want, i want.. and don't give a damn about people.
I pray that there will be no loss of life and feel for all the people that are losing their livelihood through this. big hugs. xxxxxx

This mindless vandalism has spread wide and far! Sad times

I`m hearing talk it is going to happen in Southampton on Friday night..... I hope this is only talk!!
My heart goes out to all those affected by this mindless act, or should that read acts as London is not the only place that has been targeted

Proper, true British spirit is coming through now though. @riotcleanup on Twitter is co-ordinating members of the public who want to help clean up the mess... People are being asked to bring bin bags and the Twitter feed says where and when to meet.

This is what true Brits do for each other and their communities. The rioters are scum.

The latest reports now include Bristol and Liverpool. When is it going to stop? Thank God nobody has died, considering the fire setting to buildings. This is just awful, all those people just helpless in watching their communities being destroyed. :sad:

Sweetie did you call? Is it ok?

Also is that the nugent?

Why are they letting the country go up in smoke and not doing anything?! This is insane. We sure as hell don't need to ever send any troops half way across the world when they're quite clearly needed here x

There was a mini riot in wolverhampton last night but police managed to control it. Now listening to the news and an mp person is saying they are not calling in the army and the police can deal with it

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

It is Theresa May Home Secretary who says "we can end this with robust policing and we can still cut the police budget without affecting the frontline"

I'd say that response after 3 evenings of looting is woefully inadequate. How far will it have to go before proper decisive action is taken?

How far will it have to go before proper decisive action is taken?

This is what worries me also. If we have another PC Blakelock type incident I'm emigrating. Sorry to keep harping on about him but REALLY? how bad does it have to get?

I have just watched a bit of footage of a riot and there where a bunch of teenage girls laughing!!! It's shocking it will get worse before it gets better I think :(

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back