Violence in London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shut down social networking sites for 24 hours.
Impose, and I mean impose, a 24 hour curfew.
This way the spread could be contained and less people will get hurt.
Of course they will say this is impossible to do; heard an expert saying, for example, their Blackberries couldn't be hacked into. Perhaps they should employ the out-of-work News of the World journalists?

Of course they will say this is impossible to do; heard an expert saying, for example, their Blackberries couldn't be hacked into. Perhaps they should employ the out-of-work News of the World journalists?

I agree, the network should be taken down. Re the BBm surely it must go through some kind of portal, the messages can't just float though the ether, there must be a way.

I'm fearful that this will go on for longer and there will soon be physical casualties as well as businesses and bricks and mortar....and don't we all feel so helpless. There is someone on twitter organising clean-ups but until the looting is over there is no use being a womble cause we'll be back to square one tomorrow morning unless a firm line is taken.

A sharp slap across the back of the legs never did me any harm when I was a kid, there is little or no discipline these days, no respect for authority or other peoples possessions in certain parts of the community. And we are all suffering as a result.

PM is making a statement soon let's see what he has to say.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Today I am not proud to be British : (

wooly namby pamby rubbish I expect.

From BBC news:

Police found a 26-year-old man in a car in Croydon suffering from gunshot wounds. He is in a serious condition in hospital

So someone has already been seriously injured. Plus policemen have too. What is it gna take? x

Have you seem the footage of the poor lad who had been injured and someone helped him up then he got mugged!! Hope the pm let's the police do what they need to do to stop this

Have you seem the footage of the poor lad who had been injured and someone helped him up then he got mugged!! Hope the pm let's the police do what they need to do to stop this

That actually brought tears to my eyes, that poor lad. I can't believe those monsters.

I wish the pm allows police use tear gas, rubber bullets and water cannons-and above all, allows the police to use their training to take our streets back.

I am seriously proud of all the locals cleaning the area up....true British bulldog spirit.
X

like your style!

Apparently some yobs are trying to riot in Southampton now. Bloody sad, we're supposed to be a civilised country!

Seriously sick.

One boy was saying some people are angry with the government and employment around the area etc.... Well they haven't improved the circumstances they are angry about, chancers all of them, blaming everyone but themselves.

I hope they watch the scenes on the news today and see sense... they might be angry but they have made people homeless because of it, and these homeless people aren't joining in with this.

I am truly shocked by the absolute mindless violence, arson and robbery which is taking place. The people concerned should be locked up and left to rot. There is no room in society for these thugs, who in my opinion and the opinion of many others, should be dealt with the contempt they deserve.

Give the police back the powers they once had. It's about time we got rid of those aboard the PC bandwagon who won't let us touch these monsters, in case heaven-forbid we interfere with their human rights. These people no longer have any rights. They are actually commiting treason if you stop and think about it.

As a Londoner born and bred, I am far from proud of being British.

It's also a great pity that London Olympics 2012 will be so tainted ... we'll be lucky if anyone actually wants to be a spectator (never mind the ticket ballot fiasco, people will be lining up to give their tickets away at this rate!).

I am truly shocked by the absolute mindless violence, arson and robbery which is taking place. The people concerned should be locked up and left to rot. There is no room in society for these thugs, who in my opinion and the opinion of many others, should be dealt with the contempt they deserve.

Give the police back the powers they once had. It's about time we got rid of those aboard the PC bandwagon who won't let us touch these monsters, in case heaven-forbid we interfere with their human rights. These people no longer have any rights. They are actually commiting treason if you stop and think about it.

It's also a great pity that London Olympics 2012 will be so tainted ... we'll be lucky if anyone actually wants to be a spectator (never mind the ticket ballot fiasco, people will be lining up to give their tickets away at this rate!).

Totally agree with you

I say bring in the army and open fire. If these kids don't want to be hurt or shot, then stay at home in bed tonight and don't go out stealing on the streets.
I am so angry. I have zero sympathy for scums like these.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I am so ashamed of the violence and looting. These brats are meant to be our countries future. Well if that is the future,im packing my bags and getting my children out of here. I do not want my children growing up with people that think it is funny to hurt and damage people and their property!

That poor mans business that was est. in 1870 is now in ashes. So so sad. All those businesses trashed. :(

I work right next to bham town centre and my colleague has just been to town and he said they are all grouping together.

Our staff wont go down to new street station to do our contracted work for fear of the kids and rioters down there!!

Something needs to be done fast, this is getting way out of hand.

:sad:

Totally agree. Change the name back to metropolitan police FORCE-instead of metropolitan police service-and let them show a bit of force that the whole country wants to see.

X

Someone has died from this now.
I never expected to see anything like this. Stay safe all those in the areas.

My grandfather did 2 years national service and it's about time we brought it back, a bit of healthy respect, a please and a thank you never went a miss.

If the police can't cope because they have been severly let down by this and other governments, put the troops on the streets and protect the innocent and their property.

It's a great idea to stop networking sites and BBM from helping to promote the mindless voilence indirecetly.

I hear some of you say you're not proud to be British right now, but I want to say something. I'm very proud of the unity and fight I hear in the words from you Brits in this thread. It warms my heart. Talk about National pride! I'm proud of you. Hang in there and stay safe!

Is there anybody in Bham on this thread??

Can anyone give me info on what is happening in the city centre. I have seen that Council staff have been told to evacuate by 5pm and all the shops in the bullring etc are closing.

Riots are going to be kicking off again between 2-5pm

I really need some info from anyone as I live in Coventry but work in Birmingham right next to town and I dont want to get caught up in traffic,riots etc. I have 2 children in nursery that will need picking up.

My boss just said that he will let the people who need to get buses early but I dont want to be stuck in the thick of it after watching it all enravel on the news :( :Scared::Scared:

any info would be much appreciated

Thank you x

Latest posts

Back