Was in hospital & fellow Geeks came to rescue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
Hi guys just want to say how wonderful the Geeks are here, especially the lovely 'chelle.

On Thursday morning after my night shift at work everyone was taking the mick out of me as for the last few days had been really constipated and by the end of Wednesdays night shift/Thursday morning I was in so much uncomfort with the biggest blated belly ever with everyone saying "you just need a good fart" - even I found it a little funny even though seriously uncomfortable, anyway I went home and fell asleep for an hour then woke up and started vomiting with the worst abdo pain ever - was like this for about 3 hours. I knew I wouldn't be in work that night so phoned and spoke to the Nurse In Charge to tell her I wouldn't be in (I work in A&E), she asked why and described my symptoms -she said to come down to let the doctors have a look at me.

This is obviously totally embarressing and the last thing you want to do when you work in A&E but I felt that bad I went. Registrar looked over me and by the timehe had done this I was in worse pain and they had to give me morphine, they got the surgicial consultant to come down and both were quering appendicitis and said I had to be admitted - also beause I had become pyrexial my BP was dropping dangerously low.

Now while all this is going on all I am thinking is this is karma and what about my CND course I am due to start on Monday! Karma because all week had been thinking about an illness to get me off my last night shift so I could sleep before my course starts! (Definately a case of be careful what you wish for).

So Thursday I am admitted and very poorly all day and over night, Friday I start to pick up, temp starts going down and BP starts to come up. Now that I am not feeling so rough and sleeping constantly I text 'chelle to let here know I am in hospital, my husband has phoned CND and they have said absollutely not a problem we can move her course date with no charge or loss of money as long as I have a doctors note which is fair enough and they told him that I shouldn't worry.

As I start to feel better yesterday I am determined to be discharged as feel like pants but out of the dangerous woods now and just cannot be in hospital, the lovely 'chelle keeps in contact with me by text letting me know everything will be fine with my course, movement etc and yesterday with my deterination to leave hospital I text 'chelle to ask what she thinks about my original CND dates still be allowed as desperate to start Monday - the lovely 'chelle and MrsGeek have been wonderful sorting out my course dates moving them around being as unsure as I have been.

I feel like utter pants now and look as rough as anything but will be taking it easy all weekend - might even loose some weight as cannot eat anything at the mo - had half a sandwich in 2 days and had to have an anti sickness for that as felt awful after eating it!

'chell sweetie thanks so much for everything chick and MrsGeek thanks also for rearranging my dates. My fellow geeks are simply wonderful x

Lots of catching up to do on SG now.

Love from a poorly MrsR x

PS: If some of this post is worded wrongs please excuse me as I do feel really pants so head still isn't quite with it. :irked:

Aww hun sorry to hear you're not very well.
Did they get to the bottom of what was causing it?

I hope you're feeling better soon you'll soon be on that course.
:hug:xxx:hug:

aww hun , i feel for ya , i am only starting to feel a bit human now and itsover 2 wks sincei had my op :irked:
its nice when peeps help you out isnt it , you have nothing to worry about with creative they are really good with re arranging dates for illness etc..
hope you feel better soon :hug:

Wish you well very soon and lots of love. xx

Wishing you on the road to recovery.

Was it only a good fart you needed in the end or did you have your appendix out?

Did they get to the bottom of what was causing it?

:hug:xxx:hug:[/quote]

Oh, Ria, was your pun intended?! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, hope all is well and you continue to recover. Much love and hugs. :hug:

aww sweet

HOpe you feel better soon darling
hugs to you
Debbiex

Sorry you're not well chick.

I was admitted to hospital for very serious constipation when I was a small child _ I remember watching the telly through the bars of the cot & not being able to reach my water on the side table.
It was not pleasant from what I can remember, almost like having a forceps delivery! (I have had one of those too, so I know what I'm talking about!):lol:

Hope they've got you sorted so your now a 'regular!'

xxx

Still have my appendix.

They weren't 100% sure reckon I just have a very bad bug and knocked me for 6 on the Thursday as my temp was 39.1 (around 37 is normal) so very high and my BP dropped dangerously low, on the scan they did my spleen was very enlarged so my body was fighting something.

My temp and BP are back to normal ish and I feel lousey but not hospitalized lousey - nothing like I was.

So glad I didn't have to have an op as my last op I had side effects and my dad recently had a knee replacement and he went into respiratory arrest, ages ago my brother had an op and he had something serious happen to him whilst under so all in all operations and me and my family are terrifying.

Home and taking it easy now.

Awwww hope you are on the mend real soon xxxxxxx

You poor thing :hug: hope you're well enough to enjoy your cnd course :hug::hug:

You poor thing :hug: hope you're well enough to enjoy your cnd course :hug::hug:

If I have to wheel myself in a wheelchair I'll be there

Hope your feeling better soon.. xx

Hope you feel better soon hun and good luck on your course when your well enough to go on it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Glad you're feeling a bit better and hope you get to your course and enjoy it! xxx

You sure have had a rough couple of days. Hope you are on the mend now xx:hug:

PS: If some of this post is worded wrongs please excuse me as I do feel really pants so head still isn't quite with it. :irked:

I really don't want you to think that you MUST come on Monday if you are not up to it. We will of course save a place but call on Monday without worries if you really are still bad! :hug:

Ooooh, you poor love - that's dreadful. It sounds a lot like me last june. I was just like that, with the throwing up and everything, and I also ended up in hospital, and they decided it was gastroenteritus (sp?)... nasty, and knocked me for 6 for over a week, - might have been something like that?

Wishing you better honey, and take it easy!

You poor thing - I hope you feel better really really soon - you are so determined to get on that there course ! True dedication !:hug:

Glad to hear you'r on the mend.
Good luck with the course
xx:hug:xx

Latest posts

Back