Waterproof bridal mascara, what's the best about?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Bean!

Reaction score
Hiya,
Can anyone recommend a really good waterproof mascara for me to use in my bridal makeups?

I use some of the Germaine De Capuccini makeup and other bits and pieces that I've been collecting, but Germaine have just discontinued their waterproof mascara:cry:. I've used Loreal waterproof mascara on other brides and its been quite good but I need a new one and would prefer one that I could retail to the client so she can touch up her own makeup in the evening.

Any ideas?

I would really appreciate your help.

Luv

Mrs Bean! xxxx:):lol:

I like Boots No7 waterproof black mascara. It's about £8 or £9 and really stays put.

Clarins have a product that you can apply on top of any mascara which will then make it waterproof. That way you can stick to all your favourite mascaras without searching out waterproof ones. I bought mine from Boots for about £13.
hth

Clarins have a product that you can apply on top of any mascara which will then make it waterproof. That way you can stick to all your favourite mascaras without searching out waterproof ones. I bought mine from Boots for about £13.
hth

I've got this and it's fantastic - no more panda eyes!!

I think it's call fix it mascara? It's in a white tube with a red lid.

Honestly it's great stuff

Blinc mascara is pretty good.

Its weird as its quite rubbery when it comes off - but it doesnt budge.

Thanks for your ideas guys!
Does anyone know of one I could retail myself to the client?
Luv Mrs Bean! xxxx:lol:

Thanks for your ideas guys!
Does anyone know of one I could retail myself to the client?
Luv Mrs Bean! xxxx:lol:

you can retail blinc to your clients and it is available to puchase from salons direct.

a great high street waterproof mascara is the masterpeice mascara.

Hiya,
Can anyone recommend a really good waterproof mascara for me to use in my bridal makeups?

I use some of the Germaine De Capuccini makeup and other bits and pieces that I've been collecting, but Germaine have just discontinued their waterproof mascara:cry:. I've used Loreal waterproof mascara on other brides and its been quite good but I need a new one and would prefer one that I could retail to the client so she can touch up her own makeup in the evening.

Any ideas?

I would really appreciate your help.

Luv

Mrs Bean! xxxx:):lol:

I use Max Factor Lashfinity - This is really great & stay's in place (I had a shower in this stuff & it didn't move!)
Also Lipfinity for Brides is fantastic as it stays put all day & doesn't come off on the groom (no need for re-touching up the lipstick)

Another great Bridal make-up must is clinique touchbase in Canvas this keep's the eyemake-up perfect all day with no creasing.
(I used this on a friend & done her make-up at 6pm she called me the following morning at about 10am to say her eyemake-up was still on & looked the same as when I had done it & what had I used! - Of course told her off for not removing make-up LOL)

Hope some of this helps

Carlac

Another vote for Blinc. It's brilliant!

I dye the brides lashes a few days before then use a clear mascara and falsies if bride wants longer/thicker lashes.

It saves any risk of the mascara flaking off or running because of tears/sweat or heat.

Kate

Meant to add to that if you do want a black mascara rimmels clubbing mascaras excellent its designed to last throughout an evening of clubbing in hot sweaty clubs and really does stay put!

Hi, i use either MAC waterproof or use Clarins double fixx lash fixx, ( over any mascara) both great , i used clarins fixx on my wedding day recently and it worked wonders xxx

I love Dior Show mascara. I haven't found one yet to give more dramatic yet close-up worthy eyelashes... It does come in waterproff now, so I'd vote for that. :)

At least with Blinc your poor bride isn't still trying to remove it 2 weeks after the wedding!

i use lancome hypnose and diorshow, plan to have a look at the new max factor false lash effect one also - think they do a waterproof one

HTH

I dye the brides lashes a few days before then use a clear mascara and falsies if bride wants longer/thicker lashes.

It saves any risk of the mascara flaking off or running because of tears/sweat or heat.

Kate

I must admit, thisat I tend to do. I think eyelash tint & clear mascara (or in a pinch run a tiny bit of vaseline through them) is the way to go - it's as waterproof as you can get!

Latest posts

Back