Wax Flick Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fay

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wondering as i have just purchased some of the non strip wax and had a play with it and was just curious to know how do you guys create the little bit of wax that you flick up to use to remove the wax ? I tried using my finger and also using the spatula which do you find best?

xxx

hi faye, i always make sure that one end is slightly thicker, and just flick with the side of my finger, good luck,

Thanks helen :) xxx

The easiest way would be to make an even strip, so the sides are nice and even and a little thicker than the centre of the strip. The end piece that you flick also needs to be a little thicker (like a little lip) that you can easily put your finger nail under to flick up or like you said a spatula. If the strip is uneven or has very thin sides and lip, you will find that the strip may not come off very smoothly and leave bits of the wax behind.

Practice doing strips on yourself, about an inch wide and 5 - 6 inches in length until you get the idea. Apply a little oil under before you apply the wax. You can do it on a hairless place when practising, or your legs are ideal to practice using the non strip wax.

Good luck.. I am sure you will pick it up very quickly.

Hi guys

Just wondering as i have just purchased some of the non strip wax and had a play with it and was just curious to know how do you guys create the little bit of wax that you flick up to use to remove the wax ? I tried using my finger and also using the spatula which do you find best?

xxx

You have had some great advise but i just wanted to add something about when using this to actually wax,
when you have applied your wax make sure that you go beyond where the hair is to create the lip you are going to flick as this makes it more comfortable for the client,
if you are trying to flick up a lip that is still in a hairy area it hurts like hell,
hth :hug:

Just to add something Aximon told me was if its a male you arewaxing dont tell them you are about to flick the end up :lol::lol::lol:
I to make the end just a little thicker and make sure its down past the hair line as as said it hurts like hell if its not x

My favourite way is to lift up the edge with another piece of wax... so, apply a small amount of wax to yourself (inner wrist is a good place), flick it up and off, then put the shiny side down on the edge you want to flick up on the client and it will lift it easily, no picking, no flicking.

You only need to put the wax on yourself for the first strip, because thereafter you can use the shiny side of the strip you have removed from the client. Hope that makes sense!

Just to add to the ways mentioned above, if you stretch the skin close to the edge of your wax, it releases it enough to get a grip on it. xxx

I also have a question on the same subject:?:, sometimes you can't always go beyond where the hair is especially when it is your first strip of wax, for example when you are waxing the bikini line, if you go in the direction of the hair growth, sometimes there is no point where the hair stops, especially on men but some women also have a lot of hair.

Do any of you ever apply the hot wax (non strip) against the hair growth? So that when it is time to flick it up you can flick it up on bare skin, I have heard you can do this with hot wax as it is so versatile and have done it on myself as an experiment on my underarms it didn't feel any less or more uncomfortable than applying the wax in the direction of the hair growth and all the hairs came out, have any of you tried it? I was taught to always go in the direction of the hair growth but i always try to think outside the box, especially when it comes to client comfort, Your thoughts would be appreciated?

I also have a question on the same subject:?:, sometimes you can't always go beyond where the hair is especially when it is your first strip of wax, for example when you are waxing the bikini line, if you go in the direction of the hair growth, sometimes there is no point where the hair stops, especially on men but some women also have a lot of hair.

Your thoughts would be appreciated?

Fi, that's exactly what I was wondering. I have many clients who have bikini's/braz/hollywoods and I always use strip wax 'down there' simply because I tried the hot Berins blue and they nearly deafened me with their screams :eek:. I quickly switched back to the warme strip wax method as you can imagine :lol: but would love to try the hot wax again.

Do any of you ever apply the hot wax (non strip) against the hair growth? So that when it is time to flick it up you can flick it up on bare skin, I have heard you can do this with hot wax as it is so versatile and have done it on myself as an experiment on my underarms it didn't feel any less or more uncomfortable than applying the wax in the direction of the hair growth and all the hairs came out, have any of you tried it? I was taught to always go in the direction of the hair growth but i always try to think outside the box, especially when it comes to client comfort, Your thoughts would be appreciated?

If I am understanding your question correctly, if I am waxing a lady with particularly hairy 'undercarriage', I don't go all the way down to the butt cheeks as such, I take my strip of non strip wax down the length and past the labia and then take it out to the side a little into a hair free zone. It works well if I leave the tab slightly thicker so that I can flick up and have some to grab. I do the lower part when the lady is turned over for the butt area.

You should always try and put the wax on in the direction of hair growth where possible, the odd hair won't make much difference, but this lower undercarriage can be quite uncomfortable taking off in the wrong direction. For very stubborn hair that I cannot remove when applying in the right direction, I do apply in the opposite direction to see if the wax grabs the remaining stubborn hairs.

HTH :hug:

Someone ,and i have a feeling it was Axiom, mentioned that in a hairy bit if you really cant get a clear edge take the wax over a strip and let it set to create a free edge before pulling off.

You should always try and put the wax on in the direction of hair growth where possible,

Jen!!!! Ok, this is me speaking in my Miss Jean Brodie voice now. 'I didn't teach you to do Intimate Waxing that way now did I Miss Smith.? My girls are the Creme de la Creme' :)

Remember, when doing intimate waxing, you apply from top to bottom and remove from bottom up, ignoring the direction of hair growth.

You can always lead the wax onto a hair free zone......even if you lead it quite a way away from where you want to remove hair. Say onto the butt cheek or the leg. xxx

Jen!!!! Ok, this is me speaking in my Miss Jean Brodie voice now. 'I didn't teach you to do Intimate Waxing that way now did I Miss Smith.? My girls are the Creme de la Creme' :)

Remember, when doing intimate waxing, you apply from top to bottom and remove from bottom up, ignoring the direction of hair growth.

You can always lead the wax onto a hair free zone......even if you lead it quite a way away from where you want to remove hair. Say onto the butt cheek or the leg. xxx

Yeah I know Kim... but I find I 'negotiate' the wax if the tip of the butt cheeks are dense hair. You know how it is when you are taking your driving test.. you follow the rules until you have 'passed the test' then you start to learn to drive in your own style, but I always will have the grounding you gave me xxx :hug:

Hi guys

xxx

can someone please tell me how to post a thread

can someone please tell me how to post a thread
If you go back onto the main page with the threads, you'll see the button that says new thread. Click on that and you're off.

ke7khw.jpg

HTHs

Thanks so much for all the tips guys :hug: xxx

Latest posts

Back