wax sticks on the skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p_hoarau

Reaction score
hi,

could anyone help me? well i've had few client coming for leg wax and when i try to pull the strip off the wax stay on the skin:mad: i have to rub really hard to make the wax stick on the strip. i dont know if its the wax that is not good or probably is because of the client skin is too dry.

need some advice there

regards
Presh

hi,

could anyone help me? well i've had few client coming for leg wax and when i try to pull the strip off the wax stay on the skin:mad: i have to rub really hard to make the wax stick on the strip. i dont know if its the wax that is not good or probably is because of the client skin is too dry.

need some advice there

regards
Presh
At the moment people are coming in cold that can cool the wax quickly so it sticks. Try waxing smaller areas at a time ie put on and take off.If they are warm it could be that the skin is dry so use a tiny bit of oil rubbed over before waxing.
You could be putting it on too thickly you may not have it at a good working temperature,what wax are you using,have you recently changed.

im using roller wax salon system and also wax master.

im using roller wax salon system and also wax master.
I use clean and easy roller and salon system lavender creme wax at the mo and dont really have any problems unless they are cold or dry.Thats really all i can think of hope ive helped.

which strip is best paper or cloth?

I prefer cloth its just what im used to.Sometimes i do buy paper but never the cheaper ones because they tear.I always go back to cloth though.

If the clients skin is cold, this will happen. Like the above poster mentioned... apply to smaller areas. And as also mentioned.. .apply oil under first.. this really helps. I use cloth strips as well.

I agree with all the above, its the cold.

hi,

need some advice there

regards
Presh

How long has this been happening ? Just over the last few weeks or for longer.

Your profile is not filled in so not sure if you are new to this or an old pro :confused:

The only time this has ever happened to me is when i used the clean+easy azulene wax for sensitive skin, i couldn't get the wax of for love nor money !! lol

Your profile is not filled in so not sure if you are new to this or an old pro :confused:

The only time this has ever happened to me is when i used the clean+easy azulene wax for sensitive skin, i couldn't get the wax of for love nor money !! lol

I've used this wax and loved it... never had any problems. More often than not, it is temperature or dry skin that causes the wax to stick... or, if the wax is a kind that's main ingredient is pine resin. Using more oil and coating less area helps.

it been happening for about a month now with some of my clients like you said its because of the dry skin and the clients have quite a bit of dry skin so i think thats why.

I've had this happen to me a few times, usually when the skin is cold or dry, or both. When it's cold I always cover the leg and foot I'm not working on with a towel to keep it warm.

If you are left with wax sticking to the skin, it's tempting to apply more over the top but I've found this makes it worse. I put a wax strip over it, but at a different angle, rub very briskly and whisk off. Usually works for me.

Hope that is of some help! x

I always prep the skin with oil first. Works like a dream and very rarely gets wax sticking to the skin

I had this problem a few times in the last few weeks.

So I did a half leg wax today and applied a tiny amount of oil before hand and it worked a treat! No was sticking or going hard at all!

Definitely try applying a small amount of oil first - you'll have no problems with wax sticking to the skin. It is probably due to dryness and temperature of your client's skin.

I always use the cloth strips too. Far better IMO, and my clients say they are less painful.

hi,

need some advice there

regards
Presh
Hi are you using prewax before the treatment. I find that if someone is using false tanning creams that this sometimes happens or if someone has moisturised or bathed in oil. If your client has dry skin this can also be a problem. Try waxing smaller areas at a time in the cold months this can help as the skin is colder and the wax sets quicker making it dificult to remove. Hope this helps you.

yes i use prewax but, i think its because my client have very dry skin.the roller wax apply very thin wax on the skin so this is no problem. even if i apply some oil, the wax still stick on the skin and it take me more time to remove the wax.:mad:

Hi are you using prewax before the treatment. I find that if someone is using false tanning creams that this sometimes happens or if someone has moisturised or bathed in oil. If your client has dry skin this can also be a problem. Try waxing smaller areas at a time in the cold months this can help as the skin is colder and the wax sets quicker making it dificult to remove. Hope this helps you.

Latest posts

Back