Waxing Accident

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkigems

Reaction score
I am not overly experienced with waxing and therefore made a boo boo the other day. I was doing a lip wax with the pot and spatula and i think must have dipped the spatula too far into the pot as when i was applying the wax, some dripped from the spatula and landed on the clients cheek. I tried as best i could to remove it. I have seen her today and she has a slight graze mark on her cheek.

At the time that it happened i apologised profusely and didn't charge her for the treatment. But i feel absolutely terrible and can't stop thinking about it. She has said not to worry, but you can't help it can you?!

I had asked her about the temperature of the wax at the time as well and she said it was fine. I wonder whether some of the skin damage could be down to her trying to get the wax off her cheek at home.

What do you think i can do to show her how sorry i am?

Also, what is the best way to remove wax in this instance? I was tempted to just strip it off, but couldn't wax her cheek, could i?

I will definately learn by my mistake!

Try not to worry :hug:

I personally prefer hard wax for upper lip, but if you are using soft wax, I think you want to be a bit sparing with it, i.e. nice thin application.

Anyhow, I think the best way to learn waxing is by your mistakes :lol: you're unlikely to do it again.

I dropped a blob of hard wax in someones hair once, hehehe, shouldn't laugh, he said it was his own fault (how could it be!?) because he was telling me something in a very animated fashion as I was trying to do his eyebrows. (Now I just tell him to shut up and keep still :lol:)
Anyway, with regard to the cheek... I would have *probably* whipped it off with a strip and then wiped any residue with oil, then applied something soothing like platinum mask or aloe vera.

Never mind though. You can't turn the clock back. I'm not sure you need to do anything else for the client. Least said, soonest mended,

I agree with Zoe - a strip would have been the quickest, most effective way to get it off without picking at it. Some after wax soothing oil or lotion afterwards. I wouldn't say any more about it to the client. You are only dragging it out. She's probably gotten over it already and if you keep going on about it she may feel you aren't confident and won't return for treatments in the future.

Live and learn they say :)

We've all done things over the years so put it behind you.

You should never ask your client if the temperature is ok......get to know you wax and you'll be able to tell at a glance that it's at the correct temperature. You can of course test it on your wrist.

Make sure that you take the right amount of wax and as you're turning spatula so that it doesn't drip, hold it away from the client so it doesn't drip onto them.

In that case, I would have removed it with a strip, unless it would have left an obvious bald patch, then you could have put oil on it and gently scraped it off with a clean spatula.

Try switching to hot wax for facial hair as it's gentler. xxx

You apologised at the time and didn't charge for the treatment. I think that's enough especially as there was very little damage.

I think if you apologise too much it can lead people to expect more from you than is required.

You've done enough to make up for this little mistake.

Make sure you have learned the lesson from it.

If the client comes back again you will know that she is still really happy with your treatment and service.

You'll always be learning in this business.

Hi Zoe when you dropped a blob of wax in someone's hair how did you remove it?

Well. It was hard wax and he had shoulder length hair and it was right up near the roots. We couldn't exactly cut it out. I was running late, I had no idea what to do. I suggested he go home and massage it with oil (any oil, olive oil..) until it came loose. He phoned me a couple of hours later to say he did what I said, it had got it out and his hair had really benefitted from having oil massaged into it. :biggrin:

I have lovely clients :green:

I would of used a strip to get it off myself rather than pulling the clients skin around. I have got wax in clients hair and on their clothes in the past! Its scary when it happens but we all make mistakes just put it down to experience :)

I was waxing a lady's brows the other day and having already told her to keep her eyes closed, she opened them and got wax on her eyelid. This inturn caused a little blister when she then closed her eye. Probably due to the fact that the wax pulling on her lid. i apologised and reinforced the reasons for keeping her eyes closed..:eek:

Well. It was hard wax and he had shoulder length hair and it was right up near the roots. We couldn't exactly cut it out. I was running late, I had no idea what to do. I suggested he go home and massage it with oil (any oil, olive oil..) until it came loose. He phoned me a couple of hours later to say he did what I said, it had got it out and his hair had really benefitted from having oil massaged into it. :biggrin:

I have lovely clients :green:

Yes I love my clients too.... Arent we so lucky? :hug:xxx

Latest posts

Back