Waxing Advice Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire-Bear

Reaction score
Hi - I'm a brand new member (however I have enjoyed looking at all the threads over the past few months).
Can someone please give me some advice on waxing please.............I have just started to rent a beauty room at my local hairdressers and last weekend I had a client in for a half leg wax. The hairs on the legs, although the correct length for waxing, were very sparse. What would have been the correct way to proceed............I use a roller wax system, should I have waxed the leg as if there were plenty of hairs or in the really sparse areas only used the 'dot and dab' method (hope you know what I mean). I did a mixture of both techniques and the final result was fine however it did take about 30 mins to complete. I was just uncertain as to whether it was acceptable to cover the area with wax when there was only a couple of hairs to be removed. Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

I would have done the treatment in the normal way.... more experienced geeks may advise differently.
My reason is that I find, if I only wax a small patch on a leg, the skin on that area appears 'fresher' than the skin around it - I think that's a nasty look! So I would go for the 'fresh look' all over.
Hope that made sence!

Yes I would wax in the normal way too, no harm (on the legs) in covering areas without hair (although on other areas this is best avoided) with wax. Hth x

i would just wax in the normal way too xx

I would do the normal method too.

Nothing wrong with 1/2 an hour.

Normal way.Waxing removes dead skin cells so the skin will be an uneven tone and colour if you dont, especially in the summer if they are tanned.

I agree with all comments so far, wax in the normal way. 30 minutes for 1/2 leg wax isn't too long and most salons I know do allow 30 minute slots for this treatment.

Definatley wax as normal, its actually quicker than trying to find the patches anyway. :)

Many thanks to you all for your replies - after I'd finished the treatment I was having doubts as to whether I should have just waxed the legs as normal..........I definately will be in the future. Once again thanks to you all.:) Happy now!!

Hi, I would do normal method and 1/2 hour is fine for a half leg.

Where abouts in N Somerset are you? I'm in Weston. :)

I have nothing to add to the above really - i would still wax in the normal way. :)

Latest posts

Back