!!Waxing as a mobile therapist!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink_chocolate

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Just wondering how a mobile therapist would go about waxing at a client's house, with regards to the wax pot... i find it takes a while for my wax to heat up in the pot, and i've tried melting it in the microwave and then pouring it into the wax pot but then after 5 mins it goes cold! argh! im very frustrated girls! i dont really want to waste an hour or even half an hour at the clients house waiting for the wax to heat up... is there anything you can recommend??

Thank you in advance x x x

I just pre heat my wax machine at home before i leave to do a client.That way when i arrive at my clients house all i have to do is plug it in and by the time ive set up the couch and done a consultation, the wax is perfect temperature to use.hth

just for the love of god make sure it doesnt spill in your car!!!
ive done this before, i was not a happy bunny!!!

Right ...take a trip to tesco's!
I had this same problem until i found my lil gadget that i am so in love with! It plugs into your gigerette lighter and on the other end you can plug a plug into it.BRILLIANT!! I WOULD NOT BE WITHOUT IT!!
So what i do is plug my waxpot in and stick it in a box on my front seat so that it doesnt spill over.By the time i get to the clients house its all ready!
hope this helps hun x

If you are doing mobile waxing in people's homes, do you ever find yourself setting up to wax in a carpeted room, and, if so, do you take any precautions to avoid wax from accidentally landing on the carpet? Only I know from experience what an absolute pain it can be to try and remove drips of wax from a carpet (when I ordered a Depileve waxing kit from an online supplier about 4 and a half years ago and attempted to wax myself using it)... thankfully now I get my waxing done professionally by a lady who has a home salon!

So what i do is plug my waxpot in and stick it in a box on my front seat so that it doesnt spill over.By the time i get to the clients house its all ready!
hope this helps hun x

It might just be safer if you were to put the pot(in its box) on the floor in front of the seat....if you have to swerve break hard or god forbid hit something at least the wax is on the floor and wont go flying all over your windscreen or you :eek:

I wax mobile. I tend to keep a minimum amount of wax in the pot so it doesn't take quite so long to heat. Generally as has been said already, take your ot in first and plug in. Then by the time you have set up etc. it's ready!:) Hope you get on ok hun.x

Right ...take a trip to tesco's!
I had this same problem until i found my lil gadget that i am so in love with! It plugs into your gigerette lighter and on the other end you can plug a plug into it.BRILLIANT!! I WOULD NOT BE WITHOUT IT!!
hope this helps hun x

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help me!!! I have just been looking on the website and can't find it, can you please tell me if there is any code for it??? I have been dreaming of finding something like this as I do the same; ie heat the wax before I leave home, but this is ideal.

What a find!:idea::idea::idea:

Eagerly awaiting your reply............!!!!!!!:lol::lol:

Jackiex

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help me!!! I have just been looking on the website and can't find it, can you please tell me if there is any code for it??? I have been dreaming of finding something like this as I do the same; ie heat the wax before I leave home, but this is ideal.

Jackiex

Ah, that device would sound like an inverter then - you can get them at Maplins amongst other places I think. They take 12V DC from a car battery/alternator and convert it to 240V AC for powering mains appliances.

Although, there is a big caveat with the use of these for powering equipment such as wax heaters - and that is that I think that the cigarette lighter circuit in a car is normally rated at a maximum current of 10 amps. At 12 volts, this means a maximum power of 120W - so given that there will be some losses in the inverter, I guess the maximum power of a mains device you could realistically push without blowing your fuse would be in the region of 100W. If your wax heater takes much more than this, you may well find that it blows the fuse in the car...

pot advice get an egg pot they heat up so fast!

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackiex

Hi hun!
Do you have a tesco's book autumn/winter 2007-2008? If you do check it out on page 798. If not the product number is 201-9995 the price is £24.00 VERY worth it though!
Let me know how u get on xxx

Why don't you try the roller system? I use Clean + Easy for mobile work, I just heat it up at home before client (or at previous client's house if they don't mind) and it's always ready to go when I get there. I transport it in a Thermos zip up bag to keep it nice and warm. I have never had to wait. By the time the couch is up, I'm off! x

Hi hun!
Do you have a tesco's book autumn/winter 2007-2008? If you do check it out on page 798. If not the product number is 201-9995 the price is £24.00 VERY worth it though!
Let me know how u get on xxx

Also i have to say it has never blown a fuse in either of my cars hun x

Hey

I make sure i heat my wax up before i go to the client and also make sure the pot is never too full so if i really cant heat it before i go (which rarely happens as i work my book so i can do it) then it dosent take too long to heat up!! xx

I agree that a roller system might be better for mobiles. xx

Hi Kylie,

Many thanks for that! I will let you know how I get on.

Ruth,

Will get hubby to check on the voltage etc as I have absolutely no idea about those things!

I do heat my pot up before I go to the client and then plug it in once I'm there, but there may come a time that I am out and about and won't have time to heat before I get there (only a possibility I know but could be).

I haven't got the money at the moment to go out and buy the roller system and haven't been trained in it either.

Also, I want to use the pot method. Am aiming to go out and get loads of practice then I want to go training with Axiom! He knows I am lying in waiting for the time to come!!!

Thank you all for replying to my plea, will let you all know in due course once it's ordered and used, how I get on.

You're a great bunch!

Jackiexxx

Ruth,

Will get hubby to check on the voltage etc as I have absolutely no idea about those things!

I do heat my pot up before I go to the client and then plug it in once I'm there, but there may come a time that I am out and about and won't have time to heat before I get there (only a possibility I know but could be).

I haven't got the money at the moment to go out and buy the roller system and haven't been trained in it either.

Also, I want to use the pot method. Am aiming to go out and get loads of practice then I want to go training with Axiom! He knows I am lying in waiting for the time to come!!!

Thank you all for replying to my plea, will let you all know in due course once it's ordered and used, how I get on.

You're a great bunch!

Jackiexxx

Cool, good luck. You might be able to get away with it if you get your hubby to upgrade the cable to the cigarette lighter and use a higher rated fuse.

And is it your hubby who knows you are lying in wait for him when you have done Axiom's training lol???

Hi Girls,

Have just checked the wax heater I have:

Hive 1000cc

checked with hubby too; it looks like no chance for me! The heater is 350 watts; 230V so it'll blow my car fuse I think.

I have a Renault Megane and I'm in my pj's at the mo so I'm not going out to look at the handbook either!!!!!

But hubby thinks it'll blow the fuse, awwwwwwwww

Anyone have any ideas???? Or do I just take the pot pre-heated????

Thanks guys,

Jackiex

Hi Girls,

Have just checked the wax heater I have:

Hive 1000cc

checked with hubby too; it looks like no chance for me! The heater is 350 watts; 230V so it'll blow my car fuse I think.

I have a Renault Megane and I'm in my pj's at the mo so I'm not going out to look at the handbook either!!!!!

But hubby thinks it'll blow the fuse, awwwwwwwww

Anyone have any ideas???? Or do I just take the pot pre-heated????

Thanks guys,

Jackiex

Right, 350W at 12V = 29A, so that would mean at least a 30A fuse and even then that would be pushing it! You'd need pretty hefty cables and would need to make sure you weren't overloading the alternator! If the car is a diesel car then you'll probably have more luck, as diesel cars have glow plugs and they take a hell of a lot of current on start up - so the system should be more likely to cope hopefully. Whatever you do, don't try running the wax heater when the engine isn't running or you will have a bat flattery...

Latest posts

Back