Waxing - first complaint!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBIC

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wanted some advice really.

Went to do several treatments on a family of three women on Tuesday evening. Couple of back neck and shoulders and facials, bikini wax and eyebrow shape. She has just phoned up to complain that she has come out in pussy spots around bikini line and her sisters as strip of skin missing on eyebrows. Obviously a bit devastated as havent' had any complaints before!

Should I have not done the bikini wax if she had just recently started her period?! I know sometimes around this time it can be more painful etc but maybe this was something I shouldn't have done?!

Started going on that she hadn't seen any testimonials on my website etc but tbh that doesn't necessarily mean anything because I could just make them up anyhow if I wanted. I said I'd never had a complaint before and probably shouldn't have got him involved but said I went to her neighbour and he was very happy with my service. I go to her neighbour to do a manicure every three weeks as he is in his 70s and just likes somebody to keep his nails trim etc. I just rang him to apologise that I'd mentioned him to her and to warn him as my husband told me off but I was just so shocked. She started asking if I was insured and then said she was happy with a refund, could I drop the money off asap.

Thanks for reading.

Deep breath.

Lots of people get spots after waxing, it doesn't make you negligent, therefore NO REFUND. You also don't know that she followed aftercare advice and you don't know what her personal hygiene is like.

It's just spots! She can put some spot cream on them.

I agree with Zo Zo, as for the eyebrows you need to see the lady before you can make a judgement......did you test the temperature of the wax on the client??

She has just phoned up to complain that she has come out in pussy spots around bikini line

Sorry but this really made me giggle...pussy spots!!!!!:lol:

I am sick with this, and i cant believe how other people can do that...ask for money back:sad: , if no happy with what you did, next time not to seek your services...
I know you give her aftercare, so you dont know what happend after, what she did...
My opinion is you not refund her money, and give her more aftercare (maybe she put special lotion for spots).
I am so sorry for you but sometimes some people after they use services imagine disease only to get money back.
(sorry for my english but not is my first leanguage)
Take care x

Deep breath.

Lots of people get spots after waxing, it doesn't make you negligent, therefore NO REFUND. You also don't know that she followed aftercare advice and you don't know what her personal hygiene is like.

It's just spots! She can put some spot cream on them.

Thanks.

Yes gave her plenty of advice aftercare and advice about ingrowing hairs and how best to treat them but apparently according to the mother I didn't give any advice or do any kind of consultation!

Um I know people get all sorts of reactions after waxing. Apparently it must have been because I use a cheaper wax and usually she has expensive wax!!!

If I'm honest alarm bells should have rang when the mother was banging on about how she was going to take a hospital to the cleaners for negligence years ago but she didn't have the money blah blah.

I know I shouldn't give a refund but I am going to for the waxing. We have had a really crappy year this year with my husband just getting over cancer and like he said just as things are looking up I get this. I know it is only one complaint and I do great work but it would just be our luck that she wants to take it further!

I agree with Zo Zo, as for the eyebrows you need to see the lady before you can make a judgement......did you test the temperature of the wax on the client??

Sorry but this really made me giggle...pussy spots!!!!!:lol:

Yes always check the wax on myself and then once I apply to the client I tell them I have checked it on myself but do they find it okay.

yeah made me giggle as I was typing it.

You have to laugh!

Some people actively search for things to complain about, she is just trying it on, the spots could be caused by her washing powder and could have nothing to do with the wax you used. With regard to the brow wax, I have a lady who told me that every time she had her brows done she lost skin and it went almost scabby after, although she has never had it with me, she never complained though as it was normal for her!
Sorry to hear you have had such a bad year :hug:

Thanks everyone for your replies. I don't know what I'd do without this site. If we didn't have Salon Geek it would be easy to fall into deepest darkest depression about the slightest little thing. I probably took it to heart too much but after reading your responses I'm feeling a whole lot better.

Thanks again.

x

Hi I'm a therapist myself and I also have my bikini area waxed. I personally find I always get spots after waxing.... They look like lots of little White heads, sometimes I get lots and sometimes I only get a few but it's really nothing to worry about they usually go down in 24-48hrs... I would just recommend she puts Sodocrem or similar on the area for a few days. She may be sensitive if she is new to wax or maybe she did some exercise etc which made the area hot which can make the spots a bit worse!

Hope that helps!
Dani x

Hey Hun it's called folliculitus I get it off waxing just some people's follicles get more inflamed more than overs mine normally clears up after around 4-5 days .... Just to put your mind at rest :) I've attached a pic off google this one looks more severe than mine but it can happen to any one . Don't let it get you down
It's quite common.
Hth . Louise xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1309554988.731005.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1309554988.731005.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 336
Hi there, I agree with what everyone has said already. With regard to the consultation, did you get the girl to sign the consultation card? I always get them to sign or initial for me to confirm that we have had a consultation.

I do think that she is trying it on, as someone has already suggested. And if you used strip wax rather than hot wax, then yes dead skin cells come off with the wax. If you took off a strip of the "live" skin then why didn't she go to the hospital or her GP if it was that bad? Poor you. As my tutor said to me once "there is always one.....", unfortunately this woman is your "one".

Try not to get dishearted. You are a good therapist.

I would have apologised and gone round to her house straight away to see if she was telling the truth. If she was, I'd be concerned that they'd both had a bad reaction.

You know you did wrong involving the neighbour but you panicked, so put it down to experience.

They could have been trying it on to get a refund so be professional and don't admit to anything if you're confident that you did nothing wrong. Be honest with yourself though and if your waxing skills need improving, work hard to do that.

Keep your chin up x

Do not give a refund, your admitting liability! You sound as though you've done nothing wrong, the fact she's so uncouth as to call it 'pussy spots' tells you a lot! Sorry, I'm not a snob, but she sounds like she should be on Jeremy Kyle! Tell her to keep the area clean and stick to the after care advice then lose her number :irked: as long as you've done everything according to your professional guidelines, you shouldn't worry, p.s. Have you actually even seen the problem? I'll bet by the time It took for you to see her it would have cleared up!

Do not give a refund, your admitting liability! You sound as though you've done nothing wrong, the fact she's so uncouth as to call it 'pussy spots' tells you a lot! Sorry, I'm not a snob, but she sounds like she should be on Jeremy Kyle! Tell her to keep the area clean and stick to the after care advice then lose her number :irked: as long as you've done everything according to your professional guidelines, you shouldn't worry, p.s. Have you actually even seen the problem? I'll bet by the time It took for you to see her it would have cleared up!
Ha Ha! Sorry to laugh but I think she meant pus as in weeping spots and not pussy as in........well........pussy. :biggrin:

Hey
Ive had this with the eyebrows before, I wax 4 people who came together and two people had the top layer of skin removed with the wax! and the other two didnt! Shocked, I then asked what they all used on their skin, AND the two people this happened to use ROC face cream!! Ha!! This ROC makes your skin look younger by stripping the top layer of skin, so you then wax a really sensitive layer which shouldn't naturally be exposed yet!

Put this down to a bad experience sweetie!! Hope things get better!

X

Lol!! Pussy spots made my day but I would probably have typed that the same :) lol Hun don't worry about it at all! Like everyone has said as long as u did everything by the book then don't stress! These things happen! I have 1 regular client that always breaks out really badly compared to most but I after explaining the 1st time she is happy and always comes bk :) I always send her away with some aloe vera to sooth the area as she wants. Do not give her her money bk! As long as u have follower procedure and did ur consultations then that is what we have our insurance for! If u bk down she will just move onto somebody else and do something similar to them! Stand ur ground, ur a professional and ur good at ur job end of!! :) xxx

Latest posts

Back