Waxing Moustache

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in a land of naievity when it came to the hair on my upper lip, i remember at college my tutor ased for a volunteer, i said ok but that there wasn't anything there, i was under the illusion that i just had slightly darker skin on my lip, how wrong i was!
I do my lip every 2-3 weeks just long enough for me to forget how painful it is:lol: so worth it though lovely and smooth, and a little poutier for that day!:lol:

I must be weird...
I wax myself and it doesn't bother me at all.
I mean it doesn't feel good, but I don't have to brace myself for it or anything.
I even do my own bikini was.
If there is going to be discomfort, I have to be in charge of it.
Don't like the idea of someone else doing it.....
You can do it!

what i do is as soon as i rip the wax of, is put my finger on the area(have clean hands) for a second or two, this somehow confuses the nerve and eases the pain straight away, I have a lot of costumers who say this really works!!
HTH

Just to confuse things........I don't actually use the technique that I decribed as for starters, I use non strip/hard wax on facial areas. I also do the entire upper lip in two strips. I just described that technique as you'd bought strip wax. Phew! God, I need to get out more..........it's been bugging me.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

I'm going to sit and look at the box for a little while and try to pluck up the nerve.
If in 2wks, I still haven't the nerve, I will return it to the store (still have the bill) and head off to an esthetician and let her torture me.

Worst case scenario, either way, I'll walk about with only half my upper lip done
:lol:

Worst case scenario, either way, I'll walk about with only half my upper lip done

Not a good look for the wedding. You'd need to make sure you were side on for all the pictures! LOL

Marion x

I'm going to sit and look at the box for a little while and try to pluck up the nerve.
If in 2wks, I still haven't the nerve, I will return it to the store (still have the bill) and head off to an esthetician and let her torture me.

It'll be fine honestly, Im a regular top lip waxer and Im also a big baby, it was ok!
:hug:Just go for it V bite the bullet! A tip aswell if you are worried about the pain, push your tongue into and around your top lip wherever the wax is about to be ripped off, it lessens the pain!

xxx

:green:have u done it have u done it?!

Why not pluck out the hairs instead? LOL

I usually use the cream depillatory, and pluck stray ones in beween... but
OOWWCHEE

ESPECIALLY the ones smack in the middle, RIGHT UNDER the middle of my nose.
THOSE ones make my eyes water.:cry:

You should have seen me get my ears pierced, OMG, what a soap opera.
I'm a HUGE baby with zero tolerance for pain.

I'm trying to get my courage up to do my own upper lip, but oy.... it's scarey.

And ever since I saw the movie "40yr old virgin", I'm even MORE afraid LOL

Honestly, if you're that petrified about doing it yourself, go to a salon and get it done, it's always easier, quicker and less painful if someone else does it for you! Cos she'll just get on and do it, instead of you having to psych yourself up for the removal.

Latest posts

Back