Waxing problem-help needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to correct myself... I did not mean to say fungal infection... Folliculitis is a Staph infection.... which was most likely already present on her skin at the time of waxing.
We knew what you meant Anita. :hug:

They are the most advances waxes on the market today and are recommended by Dermatologists.
Really? Advanced in what way? Which Dermatologis? Any reposts that we can read?

Some of the newer generation waxes available use inexpensive Chinese gum resins which create an inferior wax that can cause skin irritations.
Bloody hell, this is a worry! Never heard that before. Which waxes are you referring to?

How do you know where they get the gum resins from? How do you know it's China?

Essential Oils are highly allergic especially Organic
So how do Aromatherapists get on then?

Pain Free Removes by the Root - well we all know that’s unfounded!
Obviously.......hair is being ripped out of the root afterall. However, oil can make waxing less painful.

hence jasmine oil would cause a reaction on someone with sensitive skin
Did you find that when you used to use it then because I never have? You used to rave about it.

so you must patch test oil really unless you are a qualified aromatherapist and yes most people are allergic to jasmine anyway
Confused!!!! What difference does it make to patch testing if you're a qualified aromatherapist? They can't tell if someone is going to have an allergic reaction......they would need to test like the rest of us.

I've NEVER had anyone be allergic to jasmine oil, although anyone can develop an allergy to anything, overnight.

Hi

I am sorry to hear about your delema with the waxing client.

In my opinion I honestly dont think its anything that you have done, most of the time its the clients on doing not keeping to the aftercare advice we all give out after treatment.

If she has been truely honest on her consultation regarding medication, skin alergies, sensitive skin. then I would,nt worry too much.

I agree with the above replies i think its something she has done herself.

In any of my waxing I always us either Jasmine oil, or if I run out Baby oil is just as good and the results are great. so get oiling every client :)

Hope everything works out for you hon, there is always one out there that will try and blame you.

You lot are great!!!! thanks, its amazing how something knocks your confidence when it happens but its been an experience to learn from x

They are the most advances waxes on the market today and are recommended by Dermatologists.
Really? Advanced in what way? Which Dermatologis? Any reposts that we can read?

Caron have many doctors and dematologists that have been using it for over 20 years if you email them direct they will give you all the reports you need.

Some of the newer generation waxes available use inexpensive Chinese gum resins which create an inferior wax that can cause skin irritations.
Bloody hell, this is a worry! Never heard that before. Which waxes are you referring to?

I am not referring to any one wax in particular but all waxes contain gum resin this is a well known fact in the industry.

How do you know where they get the gum resins from? How do you know it's China?

Tests have been done is Australia and it is a well known fact that waxes are made with chinese gum resin.

Essential Oils are highly allergic especially Organic
So how do Aromatherapists get on then?

They go through a very extensive consultation and know what to do if people have a reaction thats why they are aromatherapists.

Pain Free Removes by the Root - well we all know that’s unfounded!
Obviously.......hair is being ripped out of the root afterall. However, oil can make waxing less painful.

Well yes it does make it less painful because it is putting a barrier on the skin hence this is why people get more ingrown hairs when the oil is used.

hence jasmine oil would cause a reaction on someone with sensitive skin
Did you find that when you used to use it then because I never have? You used to rave about it.

I have used both berins and pr oil and only had 1 client infact the same client react to both oils and it was later discovered that she was in fact allergic to jasmine oil after having a allergy test for something else not associated with waxing. I am not saying that they are to blame im talking about jasmine causing reactions.

so you must patch test oil really unless you are a qualified aromatherapist and yes most people are allergic to jasmine anyway
Confused!!!! What difference does it make to patch testing if you're a qualified aromatherapist? They can't tell if someone is going to have an allergic reaction......they would need to test like the rest of us.

Well yes because as part of your insurance you are supposed to patch test for wax so the same in theory would apply to the oil

I've NEVER had anyone be allergic to jasmine oil, although anyone can develop an allergy to anything, overnight.

this is true thats why you should patch test the oil and the wax

hope this answers your questions and if not then please get in contact with caron direct who will be more than happy to help you.

Thanks for clarifying all that Tracey, although I don't quite agree with most of it or see the relevence. I appreciate your time though in answering.

As far as the patch test is concerned. I have never, in all my years I have never patch tested clients for waxing, or indeed ever been patch tested.......even when I've been waxed as a model at beauty colleges.

Most reactions are down to poor technique and not the wax.

Thanks for clarifying all that Tracey, although I don't quite agree with most of it or see the relevence. I appreciate your time though in answering.

As far as the patch test is concerned. I have never, in all my years I have never patch tested clients for waxing, or indeed ever been patch tested.......even when I've been waxed as a model at beauty colleges.

Most reactions are down to poor technique and not the wax.

Well if your are teaching waxing especially intimate waxing it is your responsibility to keep up with new trends and also new additions to insurances and policys etc hence my answers

only trying to help

Well if your are teaching waxing especially intimate waxing it is your responsibility to keep up with new trends and also new additions to insurances and policys etc hence my answers

only trying to help
Note to self: Must keep up with the new trends. :smack:

As an aromatherapist the use of Jasmine oil in a waxing product is a bit of a waste anyway, especially in a mineral oil, as it is more of an oil that is used on an emotional level.
As it is one of the most expensive essential oils you can buy, round about £50 for 10 mils i very much doubt whether either perron rigot or berins actually contains any actual essential oil of Jasmine it would more likely be an artificial perfume.In fact it hasnt peron rigot and almost certainly berins contains parfum if it did have essential oil it would have to say and it wouldnt be allowed anywhere near womens nether regions as it is a powerful uterine stimulant great in childbirth but definately not before.
In aromatherapy very few oils ,in the right carrier ,in the right quantity and after a detailed consultation, will cause an allergic reaction,but this is one of the reasons unqualified people should not be blending their own oils because essential oils are very potent.

Last edited:
Yes Gillian, If I'm not mistaken the jasmine oil is jasmine scented so doesn't actually contain jasmine oil. :hug:

Latest posts

Back