Waxing problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
:irked:Hi everyone

Im sure this has been mentioned before but I can't find it, dusted down my old college books but nothing. I've recently started having problems when waxing clients legs, the wax sometimes isn't coming off onto the strip, there is no adhesion at all!!

I've tried changing the wax tempreture, wax strips, pre wax lotion, room tempreture but it's still happening and driving me mad!!

Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know why????

I had this problem once when I was at college, it was a very hot dau and with all the wax pots on it was getting unbearable so the lecturer went and got a couple of fans, I was right next to one, it was great, but the wax started to act strange, it wouldnt stick to the strips properly, I asked the lecturer and she mentioned that if the room, or your client is cold, then the wax sets quite solid too fast, and so by not being soft enough to stick to the dtrip ir doesnt come off properly, I had to move the fan, and apply a thin layer on top, and work fast to pull it off, taking care to stretch skin well, it has hppened a few times since, escpecially on clients big toes, often they can be really cold, I usually work extra fast on these areas, or put a towel around their feet to try and cosey them up before I wax......this might be the reason??? I am sure the more experienced waxing geeks can explain what other reasons it may be, hth xx

:hug:It does sometimes happen and it can be different reasons.....
It could either be the wax temperature (not hot enough), or the skin temperature could be too cold (especially around the ankles / feet this happens) or it could also be that the angle you are pulling the strip off isnt quite right. Try pulling parallel to the skin and not upwards - for one that could cause skin damage and the wax wont come off like that.
Maybe also check the amount of oil you are using?

hth

If you have been waxing successfully for some time, it's probably your wax. If the client is cold or their skin is dry, you would benefit from applying a fine layer of oil under the wax. Make sure you always rub the strip hard. HTH's xx

Are you using cream wax? xxx

:irked:Hi everyone

Im sure this has been mentioned before but I can't find it, dusted down my old college books but nothing. I've recently started having problems when waxing clients legs, the wax sometimes isn't coming off onto the strip, there is no adhesion at all!!

I've tried changing the wax tempreture, wax strips, pre wax lotion, room tempreture but it's still happening and driving me mad!!

Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know why????
it happens to me from time to time but only with the clients who have circulatory problems, cold hands and feet. if they come for a leg wax I usually wax the legs first and leave the toes at the end to warm up a bit , as for the wax that cannot be properly removed from the leg i apply one patch onto one leg and remove it and so on. In this case u cannot apply two strips of wax and then start to remove them. it takes a bit longer to finish the service this way bt at least there is no hassle. Hope this helps

I've had this happen when i used a new wax. Luckily it was a regular client and we had quite a laugh over it. It just stuck to her legs and took some getting off :eek:
I went back to my old wax and it's not happened since.
Have you changed your wax at all?

I'm with Kim... apply some oil to the skin first...works like a dream.

Cold legs are badly behaved! And dry skin. I use the latter as a retail opportunity...

It's the season for cold legs. It happens to us sometimes too. Make
sure client is warm, a bit of leg rub and keep your too
warm . And the oil suggestion too!

Hi just a quick question please I also have a client to has very dry knees and toes to wax over removing hair can be nightmare as it won't come off the wax adheres to it What oil can I use underneath? I have tea tree oil will that be ok?
thanks hope 2 hear from you soon

Yes, any pre wax oil should be fine, there is various types on the market and they will all help, just make sure not to use too much oil, otherwise the wax will just "slide off", but i am sure you will be fine ;)

Yeah, I have had this and its usually because the clients skin is cold. I usually massage in a bit of pre wax lotion to warm the skin up.
H x

Hi everyone, I'm new on here :biggrin:. I thought it was me with sticking wax, I bought a different brand to my normal one, and I don't like it. I'm changing back.;)

Latest posts

Back