Waxing trolley ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerrymarie

Reaction score
so i've ordered 2 of these trolleys;

img0133jh.jpg

img0138wr.jpg

but as you can see, the top is just thin meshed metal, obviously i need something on the top otherwise i risk wax running down my waxpot through to everything in the top drawer!

i was thinking some sort of thin, wooden board to put on the top to stop this, but i was just wondering what ideas anyone else had to stop this problem??

thanks!!

I have these trolleys with my wax on, I have a folded towel on top then my wax pot sits on a small square tray (actually it's a square picnic plate from ikea last summer!)
How about buying some of those cheap plastic table mats, they would be easy to cut to size and clean.
HTH, Lou x

ohh this is a good idea!! :) Well done, i never even though about anything like this! lol!

A glass chopping board is another option.

I have a glass topped trolley with my wax pots and I use a roll of baking parchment/greaseproof paper ( whoite colour rather than cream) and at the end of the day when I have cleaned my pots etc I just remove and replace it..

Jack

A glass chopping board is another option.

I would too recomend a glass chopping board or table saver (place mat) as this can be easily cleaned and steralised too.

oooh where did you get these trolleys? i could really do with one :) xx

great ideas guys! thanks!

I have the exact same thing and have my top covered with a double folded piece of couch roll, this works fine for me and can be changed easily. hth

I like the trolley, too! :) would you be able to share the info as to where you git it from? :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

5ec57f20-e2c3-4eb2.jpg

This is my set up. I got my trolley from Argos, have seen the same ones in beauty suppliers, but Argo was cheaper and no delivery to pay! x
Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

i cant seem to find these on argos :Scared:
they r really nice too

I decided to go for this one as its higher (less bending) and has an extra drawer -

Buy 5 Drawers Slim Storage Trolley on Wheels at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Bathroom cabinets and storage units.

it is a slimline version so my wax heater fits nicely along with pre wax cleanser, after wax lotion, strips and spatulas....but there isn't tons of room on the top for much else. But I do have everything stored neatly in the drawers!

xx

Yeah I have that one too! I often use the little pots from Ikea (the plastic ones in the kitchen dept, that clip onto the metal rails) clipped onto the sides with cotton wool, spatulas etc. in, it saves surface space and keeps everything to hand x

Yeah I have that one too! I often use the little pots from Ikea (the plastic ones in the kitchen dept, that clip onto the metal rails) clipped onto the sides with cotton wool, spatulas etc. in, it saves surface space and keeps everything to hand x

Have you got a link to the ikea pots? Thanks

Got the same from Homebase I use kitchen foil to line mine

Wax is messy……..no matter how good you are. I would use folded couch roll and change it every day. If you get wax on towel, it's be a nightmare and a lot of laundry. x

Fab thread ! i've just gotten myself a lovely new trolley for much less then i was going to pay beauty express :D

why is this in hair?????

Latest posts

Back