waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi ya,

I have trained in waxing years ago, but never really got into much as I always prefered doing nails instead. Now clients are wanting it and i am panicking! I have a client book who would like the top of their leg and bikini area waxed.

The problem is I have forgotten everything!

I cant rember which is the wax you remove with the stips called and what is the wax which you pull off called. i know one is hot and cool but which is which?

and which one would you use for bikin area?

how do you posion the client for the bikini wax

all your help is greatly appreaciated

i wouldnt do it if it was me hun ,id make my excuses and swot up a bit to catch up !
just my oppinion though babe
it depends on your learning too i suppose though as you might pick things up again quickly ..things take forever to sink in with me :green: lol

To be honest hun, I think it would be a good idea to do a refresher course.

You can do a one day waxing course at you local warehouse which will probably be enough for you, if you are already previously trained.

I did my training years ago, and so many things have changed.

I'm sure you will feel far more confident doing a wax treatment on your clients if you do a refresher.

HTH's:hug:

To be honest hun, I think it would be a good idea to do a refresher course.

You can do a one day waxing course at you local warehouse which will probably be enough for you, if you are already previously trained.

I did my training years ago, and so many things have changed.

I'm sure you will feel far more confident doing a wax treatment on your clients if you do a refresher.

HTH's:hug:
Thank you both! I have taken your advice and rescheduled the client for next week to give myself some time to refresh.

Could you pls help me out by explaining to me how to posion the client for the bikini wax

You really need to do a refresher course with a professional teacher, but incase you decide to go ahead for the safety of your client here is my advise with warm wax:

Check for contraindications, fill out record card

Wash hands

Test wax temperature on your arm and throw this spatula away

I then make the client bend up the leg of the side I am doing and put it against the side of their knee so to give a good stretch, I also get them to stretch their skin.

e.g on the right hand side of their bikini I get them to put their hand (left) on their bits stretching towards the left and with the other hand (in this case right hand) at the top of their leg pulling down in the direction of their knee .

I cleanse the area with pre wax cleanser then apply talc or a small amount of aftercare oil to the area.

Then I apply the wax downwards in the direction of the hair growth, so you are flattening it onto the skin, small patches at a time. Place the strip on with the top at the top of the section you are waxing,so that the bit without wax is hanging down. I then place one of my hands, not the one I will pull the strip with,to also be stretching the skin along with the client for a better stretch and pull off the strip by the bit with no wax upwards keeping it as close to the skin as possible. Then quickly put the back of my hand on the area I have removed hair from to help with pain relief.

(Throw away the spatula each time if the client has spotting and you need to go near that area more than once.)

When I have finished the first side I apply aftercare lotion/oil to the area and get the client to put that leg down and the other up and repeat the whole process on the other side.

I give the client aftercare advise and write reactions to waxing on the record card if there were any e.g spotting.

I really do not think you should be doing this procedure as you are unsure what you are doing and have only explained so that if you go ahead you have less chance of bruising/burning your client.

HI

I'd actually go to another Salon and have a Bikini wax done on you, and ask them loads of questions while your there. I'm always going to different salons to see how they treat clients, do the treatments, what products they use...etc.....It's a great way to pick up new ideas,do some market research as well as get some pampering!!:)

Sara
x

I think you are going to find yourself in a right pickle if you havent done any waxing for years.She also wants it in 2 very easily bruised areas.
have a practice on your own lower leg and see if you can remember the technique if you cant i really wouldn't do her.If you bruise her or hurt her or don't remove the hair you could lose her and others custom, its not worth it.

see as i havent started my waxing course yet ,i am just seeing this through the eyes of a client
and i wouldnt like the fact that my therapist was unsure as to what she is doing ,and it will show hun.
it would defo put me off im afraid ...
im not trying to be nasty ,just saying it how i see it :hug:

Thank you all for your help. I have taken your advice and booked a refresher for before seeing my client. I really appreciate all your advice.

well i think you are a star for doing that hun ,truly i do ,so many people out there wouldnt have bothered and just would have gone ahead with the treatment ,
now when you do see her you can hold your head high knowing you are completly capable in what you are doing :hug:
well done babe

hi, i did my refresher, it really helped, only the class was a bit busy so instuctor was a bit over the place. What do you prefer to use to cleanse the skin before waxing? I tried witch hazel but was not impressed. also used a cream pre wax wich i found to a certain extent didnt help the wax to bond to well.
also the after wax lotion i am using doesnt seem to remove all the stickyness what do you recomend?

what system are you using mate ?

hi, i did my refresher, it really helped, only the class was a bit busy so instuctor was a bit over the place. What do you prefer to use to cleanse the skin before waxing? I tried witch hazel but was not impressed. also used a cream pre wax wich i found to a certain extent didnt help the wax to bond to well.
also the after wax lotion i am using doesnt seem to remove all the stickyness what do you recomend?

I use alcohol to cleanse the skin. Then I apply oil with Tea Tree Oil in it, wax, and then apply Tea Tree Oil Lotion to the skin.

I use alcohol to cleanse the skin. Then I apply oil with Tea Tree Oil in it, wax, and then apply Tea Tree Oil Lotion to the skin.

Hi, can i use Isoproyl alchol? doesnt all the oilness before waxing make it difficult?

thank you for the help

Hi, can i use Isoproyl alchol? doesnt all the oilness before waxing make it difficult?

thank you for the help

Yes, isopropyl alcohol is what I use. No, the oil makes waxing much easier. It coats the skin and acts as a barrier between the wax and the skin. So the wax doesn't stick to the skin, and you have less redness and irritation, and absolutely no chance of tearing the skin.

Just use a tiny bit of oil (not creamy lotions) and wipe any excess off with a tissue :)

Yes, isopropyl alcohol is what I use. No, the oil makes waxing much easier. It coats the skin and acts as a barrier between the wax and the skin. So the wax doesn't stick to the skin, and you have less redness and irritation, and absolutely no chance of tearing the skin.

hi, thanx. so i can use the iso. then contiune straight with the waxing, then finsih off with after wax cream?

hi, thanx. so i can use the iso. then contiune straight with the waxing, then finsih off with after wax cream?

Don't forget to use oil under the wax. Just a tiny amount... this way you won't tear any skin... then wax, then apply after lotion... tea tree oil is great because it is antibacterial and antifungal and antiseptic.

Latest posts

Back