We Are Here To Party

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FAB IDEA!!!!

Just a suggestion , can we have it more central, like birmingham, so it doesnt cost us northern geeks too much?
A big pat on the back though for thinking of organising it!

Kimmi Rocks said:
Why is it that something tells me that it'll be Jon dancing on the table at midnight to 'I am what I am', stripped to the waist, spinning his tie above his head, and thrusting his groin? Wanna bet me?
Oh Kimmi! You are such a SCREAM! I am sure Jon would really lap all that attention up - what guy wouldn't, after he has had a few shots anyway. He starts hitting the shots as soon as my toes start to twitch. GMG could also get on the table - WOWEEEEEE!!![

Sal said:
And how about holding it on a Sunday night?

Just wanted to give my opinion, if there's school the next day, I can't make it. So Sunday's out for me. Best for me would be Saturday night, or school holidays. But of course, I know you've got to go with majority.

Sounds good. But wont London be very expensive. Hotels in the Midlands are a lot cheaper and there is the M1 running straight through Nottingham or even Birmingham. And of course being in the Midlands means its in 'the middle' of the county, easier for all geeks to get to.

Lily said:
Yeah i agree sassy, where i used to work ages ago and we had our xmas party's you are always making sure your partner is ok and you dont enjoy yourself, Herman will be ok he is like an old washer woman anyway LOL

I also agree that somewhere a little more central, personaly i do not mind, but there a peeps with children and businesses, so i think central would be fairer!!! Just my opinion anyhoo!!!

Amanda
agree with you lily, there is liFe outside of london!

LOVE THE IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesnt bother me if its London - ney probs!!!!!!!

Ange can i share a room with ya??? Leave the boys at home?!!!!!!!

Amb xxxxxxxx

I am with you on this Val,....wouldn't it be cheaper in the midlands than central London?

Doesn't matter anyway count me in!
Maybe we could meet up and travel together, some of us from this area?

Well done Kimmi, you deserve a medal for organizing this!:Love: :hug:

Kimmi,

Hope your recovering well by the way!!
Your idea is the best. Definately up for it. I reckon my hubby would be up for it. Especially if there's beer involved and an over night stop!
Have to get a baby sitter. Shouldn't be a problem if there's plenty of notice.
Such a great thing to look forward to.

Do you think we should ware our "site name" on a badge so it would be easyer to suss out who's who. Or does that sound a bit crap?:)

Fab idea, I'd love to go to a national geek meet! Probably wouldn't be able to go all the way to London though, esp by myself! Would be easier if we went in groups on a coach or something though. I agree that for those of up north it'd be easier to have it central. Perhaps we should have local meets first & arrange travel between us? Just a thought.

As for timing, we probably all have similar busy periods so I'd say the lull between summer & xmas would be ideal, we don't want to turn away clients do we?? Again, Saturday would be easier as most of us probably have sundays off.

Kimmi,
Hope your op goes/went OK. I think you are great for volunteering to organise this.

Personally, I'd be prepared to to do London, Birmingham, Manchester or wherever.

Wouldnt bring hubby though - not his thing and besides who'd look after the sprogs?

Dont mind which day either, I'd get hubby to take an afternnoon/morning off work if needed.

Kimmi, put me on the list of willing helpers, dont mind what it is just let me know if I can help.

Bryony and I may be able to travel up together.

MINKUS said:
LOVE THE IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesnt bother me if its London - ney probs!!!!!!!

Ange can i share a room with ya??? Leave the boys at home?!!!!!!!

Amb xxxxxxxx

Well...i was gonna reply that i would like to bring Rob cos he is into Geeking as much as i am, and he loved excel...and he is real friendly.....but....this is an offer i cant refuse, so you bet amber !!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the car sharing idea sounds good, then split the petrol between you, im from lancaster, dont know if there are any other geeks close by. also i dont know any other geeks really so would be a good opportunity to get to know sum on the way, no one wants to be sat in a corner on their own do they but i know your all friendly so that wouldnt happen! x:)

I WANNA COME!!!! but I need money...I'LL TAKE DONATIONS!!!!:D :D

Seriously, hopefully my disability lawsuit will have gone through by then, but by me being a US geek I need, plenty of forewarning, for me to try and get a good deal on air and hotel, etc,etc....I would have to get a passport wouldn't I? Is it easier to get to London from Cananda? Kimmi, just make sure there are no statues at the hotel:Scared: :Scared: :Scared: :Scared:
Depending on what time you have it in Sept, I may not be able to come anyway...Do they let you fly in your third trimester?? ooooh, what if they do, and I go into labor at the "geek meet?" Wouldn't that be hilarious? Poor Mrs. Geek and Sassy said they couldn't wait to meet little sugar angel, but I'm sure that's not the way they had in mind!!:lol: If I can't make it HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!! and geek a little geek for me and my little geek...

i agree what about meeting in the middle, as rob works away and would want to bring him as too shy not too :cool: and having the three boys to arrange it would be hectic as it would be a couple of days trip for some of us, day there day back.
somewhere like birmingham...........but brill idea kimmie :D

Fab idea Kimmi,count me in, Londons fine for me..

I wont be bringing hubbie, lookin forward to a girls night out.

Maybe some of us from beds and herts can travel up together,

Would be easier if we went in groups on a coach or something though.

Yeah this is a good idea and would work out cheaper :cool:

Hi
I'm all for a geek get together, anywhere at all.
Keep us posted
C*

Ms.Matrix said:
I WANNA COME!!!! but I need money...I'LL TAKE DONATIONS!!!!:D :D

Seriously, hopefully my disability lawsuit will have gone through by then, but by me being a US geek I need, plenty of forewarning, for me to try and get a good deal on air and hotel, etc,etc....I would have to get a passport wouldn't I? Is it easier to get to London from Cananda? Kimmi, just make sure there are no statues at the hotel:Scared: :Scared: :Scared: :Scared:
Depending on what time you have it in Sept, I may not be able to come anyway...Do they let you fly in your third trimester?? ooooh, what if they do, and I go into labor at the "geek meet?" Wouldn't that be hilarious? Poor Mrs. Geek and Sassy said they couldn't wait to meet little sugar angel, but I'm sure that's not the way they had in mind!!:lol: If I can't make it HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!! and geek a little geek for me and my little geek...

we could set up a fund for you hun, I don't think you can travel in your third trimester .... and 'm not a sassy nurse, I'd pass out at the first contraction lol!!

Maybe we could have a global Geek meet and come to you!!!!!!!!!

Kimmi, Hope everything went well for you today.
I'm up for the mega geek party:cool:
BRILL IDEA, WELL DONE KIMMI!
Pm me if you need help organising.x

Kimmi, hope all went well today :)

I don't mind where it is, just plenty of notice would be great.

Cathy

Latest posts

Back