We seem to be suffering from a recent outbreak of text speak....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you from the rude, big head, up her own wotsit Queen. :lol:

:lol::eek::lol: Geeg I just spat my drink over the laptop!
And how could you ever forget you are a goddess?
Love ya!
Jen xxxx

If I misunderstood then I apologise. I have no desire to turn this into a fight, I was merely asking for a little understanding for those who have GENUINE problems (not just dyslexia). In my opinion it is there but for the grace of God go I.

Thanks, I do appreciate that very much. :hug:
I was 'generalizing' as said by Geeg/Gigi. I wasn't pointing fingers. I think it goes without saying that those who have genuine disabilities are not 'ignorant', they just struggle. And that's fine, as long as they TRY.

Mainly what I was attempting to point out, and perhaps I wasn't clear was that when something is poorly written; it makes is "appear" as if the poster is ignorant or whatever. Not necessarily that they are.
I'm not saying that someone is or isn't. Only that certain ways of writing give certain impressions. Much as the way one dresses leaves another impression.
So, that's "MY bad", as they say, for not having been clear.

As Beauty Therapists etc, we have ALL fought against the common missconception that we are in this career because we weren't intelligent enough to pursue something else. WHICH is terribly untrue and unjust.

That said, when all we have to represent ourselves on this forum is our written word; how that written word "appears" is IMPORTANT.
In addition to all the other reasons why it's important to be clear and concise on this site (people from around the world trying to understand each other etc)

In general we have seen a massive rise in lazy text talk on this site .. the rest has all been said. All these texters are not dyslexic nor do they come into the special needs category and should comply with site rules.

LMFAO

:lol: I forgot I was a Goddess :lol:
Yes, indeed you are :)

LMAO Geeg!!.....ooops sorry, Laughing my arse off!! :green:

Surely if someone can master text- speak, they can master normal writing?

How on Earth do people get through life without being able to communicate properly? Do they fill in forms etc using childish text language?

I will accept that I am old, but I find posts in pidjin English far too difficult to be bothered to read.

Latest posts

Back