Text Talk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahahaha :lol:

An*Gel says PMSL and they find my user name ironic.

I know I'm getting old because I just can't understand text talk!

Remember, Mobile phones weren't even invented back in the olden days when I was young! :lol:

I'm only 38 and feel ancient now :sad:
AHEM!!! I flat out REFUSE to be old!! and I was born BEFORE you. So with all due respect, we are NOT ancient! LOL

Screw You!

And you!

And you!

LMFAO!!!!

Screw You!

And you!

And you!

This is funny. It made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!

What about defo? Is that not allowed either? That's my fave. Oops is fave allowed haha?

Cant help feeling this is all this is my fault!! Hahahaha! (daren't type lol) because I do use text talk.. And I got a private message today telling me off! I don't use slang (tho i have never typed "ne" or "dat" in my life!) but I do shorten words... Whoops! But cant help noticing that some of the above have just done the same without realising it?! The English language has been changing for hundreds of years.. And it will keep changing. Where ought ye olde English?! Hahaha!

Oh well, apologies! My bad!

... Sorry just noticed i typed tho instead of although! Just took me twice as long to type that out.

This is funny. It made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!

What about defo? Is that not allowed either? That's my fave. Oops is fave allowed haha?
I use 'defo' all the time.. And 'thanx'! I'm 'prob' 'gonna' get banned now.. Translations for this post sent on request hahaha!

Well I suppose the only saving grace here is that nobody writes... lyk dis coz dis is reallyyyy annoyyyinng!! init! :Scared:

Text talk is bad enough and is the cause of a lot of english grammer grades dropping in school, but the above is just appalling! :eek:

I always punctuate my text messages with full stops, commas and capital letters where they should be ie. days of the week etc.... although my spelling is not always 100% but I'm blaming that on my sleep deprivation from my 5 month old daughter! :wink2:

Surely you mean application?! :lol:

I'm with you on this particular subject by the way.

Haha too funny xx

Sent from my X10i

Text speak gives me a headache :( I don't use it even in a text. I have removed friends from Facebook because of it ( mostly due to their other friends all doing the same) I also ask for texts to be re-sent in English!

I do however shorten words sometimes, I will say 'cos' sometimes because that's how I would say it in the sentence I'm using. I write 'deffo' because I can't spell the proper word :o

I can't be bothered with posts ( here or other sites) that I have to decipher and play fill in the missing letters.

I'm old and grumpy too :)

May I just state this for the record?

If you are still in your 30s, you may not claim to be old and grumpy.

Those of you in your 40s, we will allow as honorary members.

I feel those of us in our 50s have earned the right to be old and grumpy!

I think you can spot an accent in font now too! I'm from Yorkshire and Yorkshire slang comes out a lot by accident. Scottish and Geordie is easily spotted too! I'm the worst for typing 'u' instead of 'you' and 'ur' instead of 'your'.. I can't promise I won't still do it without realising! Eeek!

Are u in your 50's?!!! If you are u really don't look it! I'm 33... I look older than you!

I feel 60, does that count?

Cant help feeling this is all this is my fault!! Hahahaha! (daren't type lol) because I do use text talk.. And I got a private message today telling me off! I don't use slang (tho i have never typed "ne" or "dat" in my life!) but I do shorten words... Whoops! But cant help noticing that some of the above have just done the same without realising it?! The English language has been changing for hundreds of years.. And it will keep changing. Where ought ye olde English?! Hahaha!

Oh well, apologies! My bad!

... Sorry just noticed i typed tho instead of although! Just took me twice as long to type that out.

I do agree with you, the English language is constantly evolving and changing, but I still don't see the Oxford English dictionary having words with numbers in, well not b4 I am 6 feet under :rolleyes: !!

I use 'defo' all the time.. And 'thanx'! I'm 'prob' 'gonna' get banned now.. Translations for this post sent on request hahaha!

No banning for this, especially not when it has all been taken in such good humour ! :lol:

To clarify shortening the word people to ppl is text talk and an example of what most find annoying in threads.
Abbreviated words like favourite to fave, isn't really text talk and is common useage.
Same with App for application Noodle !!! :irked:

I don't think I am being pedantic about this as the vast majority do agree, and an amazing amount of geeks do ignore threads with an over abundance of text talk in them.

So, surely when you newbie geeks are posting your threads you want as many geeks as possible to read them and join in or assist ?

Just saying !:Scared:

i'm quite heavley dislexic thats why i use it, sorry if it offends anyone. :-\

Latest posts

Back