Website....what do u think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella_nails

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am slowly getting there on setting myself up. Ive done a website through vistaprint the other day, only gone for the basic package at the mo, but would just like to see what everyone thinks. its still a working progress.

www.nailsbycaroline.vpweb.co.uk

Thanks xx

Last edited:
I really like it. The only thing I can see is when you say "i" it needs to be a capital I (sounds petty but people really notice things like that). Well done, it's a really nice and clean design.

Lovely bright website that stands out, but watch out for the odd spelling mistake. I know its hard I probably have one ot two mistakes on mine that I have not come across as yet.

I see you spelt 'Experience' as 'Experiance'.

What I found is, it is hard to run a spell check on a website design page so I copy the page into word and run a spell check from there.

You've spelled "Appointment" as "Appoitment" (sic) on the contact us page too...

It's a personal thing but I don't like multiple exclamation marks. You might want to think about having a more business like email address too - I think it looks more professional. Otherwise - it's good - not cluttered, no flashing stuff, nice!

I think it looks good i like the design. x

Thank all,
As they say its always best get other people to double check spelling and grammer as someone will pick up something you dont.

Thanks again. xx

I like it caroline really nice.

I have my website with vistaprint only had it about 5 days but slowly getting there with people finding it. i went for middle package, if it doesnt work after a few months will cancel it.

I really like it too Caroline, there is a couple of things that I noticed though.

I really hope that you don't mind me saying this, but I think you need to make the most of your website as it is your shop window when you are mobile. You really need to sell yourself.

On your home page, I would perhaps rearrange what you have said to something along the lines of; Hi, I am Caroline and am a fully qualified nail technician with 3 years experience. I offer a friendly, professional and relaxing experience with my services.......

Then add in what you already have.

Just my thoughts, as I have said already I think you have done a great job so far. :hug:

hth

I think that it is a great simple template that can be expanded on and gets the point across about exactly what you are and what you do. One thing that I want you to think about when building a website is content management. With the ever changing industry that we are in and the fact that anything can happen in business through times of growth or even times of sustainability you will have to consistently change the content on your site and without a content management system in place you will be at the mercy of developers which is a situation that believe me you never want to be in. The purpose of having a site is to showcase relevant content to consumers utilizing the most powerful tool in the world, the World Wide Web to find you and feel confident that the message that you want them to receive is relevant to the times and not outdated. With a strong CMS or content management system this can be done as easy as posting your topics to this or any blog or message board. I hope that this helps. It can really also be done very inexpensively these days as well. Check out BestSalonSearch.com - Home

All I would do with your email is put nailsbycaroline rather than caz that comes across as more professional, but @live.co.uk is fine, I use that for mine and I wouldnt if it didnt seem pro enough. Its the yahoo.co.uk and hotmail.com/co.uk to not use really, but you have not so its fine.

Hi. A really nice clean fresh looking website.

A few more commas etc that I dont think you need....also do you need the word trust in there? Could that sentence be re-phrased?

They are just my personal thoughts
Good luck with it all:)

Thanks for all the comments guys, its nice to get everyones opinion to try and get to the best.

I will be tinkering more, lol. x

I can't see any prices for services? maybe that is something yet to be added..?

Love the colours and design, easy to read - good job!

I can't see any prices for services? maybe that is something yet to be added..?

Love the colours and design, easy to read - good job!

Hi, I did think about prices. I didnt know wheather to put them or to leave it as it is for now as i wanted to have these on a page of there own with a little detail of what each treatment includes.....what does everyone think???

I would have a rates and services page hun listing all the treaments you do and the price of them x

You could put a link from your website to a word doc or adobe doc that contains a price list which clients can print off and fold up to keep for themselves or even pass to friends and family members.

Latest posts

Back