Weekend nails?? arghhhhh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiebbaby

Reaction score
:mad:Hi geeks, I know this is a bit late but hey. I have a client whom asked me to do her mums nails, only weekend ones as apparently she is awful with her nails. I obliged and went along today, OMG I panicked and spent ages on them and they looked awful, I only had velocity tips with me, and she had the widest flattest nail beds which were bitten down to nearly the Eponychium, also had loads of really hard skin, like kind of bulbous nails.

Anyways I struggled to blend tips in as she did not have any side walls iygwim, and to top it all of, my french polish looked kinda , matte itgwim. My question really is what would all you geeks do in this situation? what tips would you use? and how do you get weekend nails to look shiny, not matte?

Going a bit of topic, she asked me to do her toenails as well. I refused to do hollywood as of time, but done a file and polish,,,,arghhhhh, oh boy her toes were worse than her fingers, her cuticle was nearly covering her nail, once I had finished putting french polish on, she only went and put her foot in her sock,,yes straight away ( I was busy doing her daughters nails so did not notice) and hence her nails looked awful, I re-applyd,,, she done same again,,ohhh I give up, she was not botheres at all,,,,,, I feel awful I only took £10 off her even though I spent nearly 2hrs in all as i felt bad. Sorry to waffle, ha ha:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
:mad:Hi geeks, I know this is a bit late but hey. I have a client whom asked me to do her mums nails, only weekend ones as apparently she is awful with her nails. I obliged and went along today, OMG I panicked and spent ages on them and they looked awful, I only had velocity tips with me, and she had the widest flattest nail beds which were bitten down to nearly the Eponychium, also had loads of really hard skin, like kind of bulbous nails.

Anyways I struggled to blend tips in as she did not have any side walls iygwim, and to top it all of, my french polish looked kinda , matte itgwim. My question really is what would all you geeks do in this situation? what tips would you use? and how do you get weekend nails to look shiny, not matte?

Going a bit of topic, she asked me to do her toenails as well. I refused to do hollywood as of time, but done a file and polish,,,,arghhhhh, oh boy her toes were worse than her fingers, her cuticle was nearly covering her nail, once I had finished putting french polish on, she only went and put her foot in her sock,,yes straight away ( I was busy doing her daughters nails so did not notice) and hence her nails looked awful, I re-applyd,,, she done same again,,ohhh I give up, she was not botheres at all,,,,,, I feel awful I only took £10 off her even though I spent nearly 2hrs in all as i felt bad. Sorry to waffle, ha ha:mad::mad::mad:

Well for a start you should have charged allot more and you should also have told her that to re-polish her toenails would be an extra charge.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Why should you feel bad about it? She had foul nails so her foul nails with tips looked foul as well ... why wouldn't they? Why do you take any responsibility for that? Why did you charge her so little?

I despair sometimes as to how some of you technicians will ever make a living as long as you are so 'personal' about things. You are in business ... I really think you should start running it like a business.

As to your question about tips, ...... I would have used a different tip to Velocity (probably Formation). I shouldn't think the velocity tips will last her more than 2 minutes. the last thing you want in the situation you were in, is a micro contact tip .. you want a full well tip. You need to be prepared when you go to someone that you can cover every eventuality.

Use CND Ridge Out as your base coat and you wont see any matte appearance.

Can I ask please, what exactly is different with standard enhancements and " weekend" nails? Has always confused me as our local salons don't offer weekend ones :(

EDIT - just did a search which I should have done first lol I know now what weekend nails are :)

I just don't get this weekend nails thing...never have. By the time you have prepped, applied tips and blended you may as well have done a full set of enhancements.

yet clients think they will cost far less cos they are "weekend nails"

If someone wants nails just for the weekend for a special occasion i use false nails..."stick ons"....i buy them...i size them...i apply them professionally and its all done in less than 30 mins. They are stronger than just a blended tip so i know they will last the weekend and everyones happy....I charge the price of the false nails and £10 for my time...which really is minimal.

Thanks guys, I feel awful even today. I feel as though I would never ever be good enough to make nails like that look good, iygwim. Even though after given her a mini pedicure and making them look 100% better in my eyes, I feel as though they wont see this.

Oh well I will learn for next time hey. xxx

I just don't get this weekend nails thing...never have. By the time you have prepped, applied tips and blended you may as well have done a full set of enhancements.

yet clients think they will cost far less cos they are "weekend nails"

If someone wants nails just for the weekend for a special occasion i use false nails..."stick ons"....i buy them...i size them...i apply them professionally and its all done in less than 30 mins. They are stronger than just a blended tip so i know they will last the weekend and everyones happy....I charge the price of the false nails and £10 for my time...which really is minimal.

Hi Hun,
I totally agree, I couldn't understand "Weekend Nails". All the prep etc. So leaf taken from your book, will buy falses for those "Weekend Nails" and charge for my time.........Few unsavory ladies !!! around my area that will just love those :lol:
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

i think tips stuck on and blended look awful and they dont feel nice.

as bagpuss does.

i buy loads for quite cheap off my special place ;)

and i shape em and stick em and paint them for £13

Where is the best place to buy the stick on type nails? Can someone recommend a website that I can buy them from x

Latest posts

Back