Weight Watchers No Count Diet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I did this diet about 4 years ago and although it got extremely boring as it was so limited I found that it was a really good diet as I wasn't hungry ever, I could eat all the fruit and veg I wanted between meals and I lost weight (the most important part)! However I have now decided I want to redo it (cos I have just given up smoking and I fancy torturing myself a bit more) but I think that they may have stopped doing it all together which would be a disaster! I logged on to the website the other day (where it doesn't say that they only have one type of diet) and signed up and everything to find no mention of the No Count! I have written an extremely stroppy email to them demanding a refund (I wanted a cigarette at the time so it was particularly biting although extremely polite and grammatically correct) but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this and if anyone knew what foods it was I could eat?

Any help would be great! And wish me luck at Fab Abs :smack:!

Lx

Was this the core plan ? I still have the books, if you want the list will gladly email you tomorrow with it if you want ?

The No Count plan became The Core Plan 2 or 3 years ago. I rejoined Weightwatchers recently and like you, was horrified to find it's been given the heave-ho, and it's now Points or nowt.

I asked the leader why they got rid of The Core Plan but didn't really get a sensible answer. Maybe people (like me) abused the Core plan because there was no weighing and measuring. I also remember it was nigh-on impossible to stick to the 21 extra points allowed over the week, but all the same I managed to lose a couple of stone on it a couple of years ago.

Let us know what response you get to your complaint!!! x

I really don't believe in cutting anything out of your diet. Don't cut out,cut down. So instead of eating a whole pizza, eat half with some salad. Don't eat after 6pm if poss and eat luxuries at the weekend and exercise!
If you are going to exercise though, I would recommend you measure your body with a tape measure as you may weigh more due to muscle gain but will loose inches xxx

The new plan is really good, I've lost 32lb since the beginning of December x

The new plan is really good, I've lost 32lb since the beginning of December x

OMG! 32lbs. That's amazing. Very well done.

Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

I really don't believe in cutting anything out of your diet. Don't cut out,cut down. So instead of eating a whole pizza, eat half with some salad. Don't eat after 6pm if poss and eat luxuries at the weekend and exercise!
If you are going to exercise though, I would recommend you measure your body with a tape measure as you may weigh more due to muscle gain but will loose inches xxx

This is what I have done. I cant justify the price of the big name diet plans and although I joined a gtoup on here a while back I lost track :irked: Now I've just made small but sensible changes including buying smaller dinner plates, I cut the amount of milk in my tea as I drink so much of it and liked it milky, drink lots of water, long walk every day with my neigbours dog, bought tiny cereal bowls from Ikea that only hold the recommended portion size. Its slow progress but it is working. xx

This is what I have done. I cant justify the price of the big name diet plans and although I joined a gtoup on here a while back I lost track :irked: Now I've just made small but sensible changes including buying smaller dinner plates, I cut the amount of milk in my tea as I drink so much of it and liked it milky, drink lots of water, long walk every day with my neigbours dog, bought tiny cereal bowls from Ikea that only hold the recommended portion size. Its slow progress but it is working. xx

It is slower but so much healthier for your body! It's not good to loose too much weight quickly as it has a huge impact on your organs and leaves you with stretch marks and saggy skin.
Also I find people that cut out stuff like crisps and chocolate altogether will give up easily and pig out on them double the amount from missing them too much. Then all the weight goes back on.
Well done to you hun, stick at it. I bet you are feeling a lot healthier already! xxx

This buying smaller dinner plates, bought tiny cereal bowls from Ikea that only hold the recommended portion size.

I keep meaning to get some new, smaller crockery. Our dinner plates don't even fit in the dishwasher they're so big, and our bowls could hold half a packet of cereal. Will do it tomorrow!

I keep meaning to get some new, smaller crockery. Our dinner plates don't even fit in the dishwasher they're so big, and our bowls could hold half a packet of cereal. Will do it tomorrow!

We got ours from Ikea, IIRC it's their most basic range and you buy them individually. The bowls are so tiny they are almost like cups with the handles missing but they do hold only enough for a proper portion of cereal and milk so totally useless for soup!! :lol:

Thanks I've had to cut out bread (I love toast and have limited myself to 2 slices a day, I know they say a little of what you fancy, but this doesn't work for me) and crisps they are my 1 downfall :( and I weigh everything, surprising how much pasta/rice/potatoes I have been eating really, no wonder I had put so much weight on, weigh in tonight, fingers crossed hehe x

Thanks I've had to cut out bread (I love toast and have limited myself to 2 slices a day, I know they say a little of what you fancy, but this doesn't work for me) and crisps they are my 1 downfall :( and I weigh everything, surprising how much pasta/rice/potatoes I have been eating really, no wonder I had put so much weight on, weigh in tonight, fingers crossed hehe x

I agree. When I'm doing the right thing (weighing amd measuring my food) it's amazing what a portion really is. It's an eye-opener, alright! :eek:

Good luck to you! :)

Iv just joined weight watchers, (5 weeks ago) so only know the plan they have now. I actualy like the diet! I think it is quite easy to follow, I just dont lose weight very quickly though! Iv lost 8lb so far, but have to be honest and say it could have been more if I didnt have nights out, lol! Any hints and tips would be gratefully received......:green:

Iv just joined weight watchers, (5 weeks ago) so only know the plan they have now. I actualy like the diet! I think it is quite easy to follow, I just dont lose weight very quickly though! Iv lost 8lb so far, but have to be honest and say it could have been more if I didnt have nights out, lol! Any hints and tips would be gratefully received......:green:

Make sure you eat all your points and drink lots of water, good luck x

Its funny you should say that as a couple of weeks ago, I cut right down, thinking I was clever, and gained a pond on the scales! I was mortified! The leader reckons that I hadnt eaten enough points, so it had the reverse effect on my weight loss quest! Wont be doing that again, lol!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I did try the points diet and I was absolutely starving all the time and that is just no fun! I only need to lose half a stone or so but I have jsut given up smoking so I want to be able to eat some stuff if you know what I mean. I seem to remember eating barbecue snack-a-jacks with philidelphia light and very lean bacon a lot of the time and making chilli with no chillis and lots of herbs - it was a bit like a student diet now I come to think about it, although I was quite possibly living on less than your average student money-wise! Lol!

PS My Fab Abs class was sheer unadulterated torture! I don't reccomend anyone does 15 solid minutes of tummy exercises un an completely flabby tum! Very painful - thank the lord for Arnica cream!

i joined slimming world, but got fed up payin the money when i had rubbish weeks lol so im trying 2 do it myself. I tried weightwatchers and was always starvin too! Slimming world is like on one day u can eat as much meat and vegetables etc but u have 2 count potatoes and pasta, and then the other day its as much vegetables and pasta but you count meat. Theyre kinda just phycological your just eatin how you should without the crap n payin some skinny witch 2 weigh u :( dam!

I just joined Slimming World online. I decided, '£60 to help me lose weight? or an indefinite (or possibley infinite!) amount of money on a new wardrobe.

I am doing 'Extra Easy.' It is sooooo straightforward. Basically you can eat as much as you like of anything as long as it's not bad LOL. So you can eat unlimited lean meat, fish, pasta, rice , potatoes, veg and fruit, but if you use any fat, other than Fry Light, it's a Syn. And these are what you have to count. So you have to count milk and sugar in your tea, any chocolate, cake, crisps etc. And there are also' healthy foods' that are limited like bread and cereal. I have gone 2 days without bread - can't believe it!

Tonight I made Syn free chips and they were really yummy. Had them with chicken breast, french beans and broccoli, was no hardship. Just have to get used to NOT eating three bars of choccie in an evening whilst watching the telly.

My treat is a Rice Krispie square. Or half of one :lol:

Throughout my life I have been lucky enough not to have to go on a diet but I started putting on weight, 2 stone over the last 18 months....

I tried cutting down etc, but it didn't work.

I joined Slimming World and lost 6lbs in the first 2 weeks, wasn't able to go last week as I was working but I am sure I will have lost more when I go on Tuesday.

Such an easy plan to follow.

I think I needed the discipline of going somewhere, with other people in the same boat, to keep me on track and to have the support and info that the other group members can provide you with.

It's all about healthy eating as all proper diets are and I am happy to pay the money because it's working for me.

Good luck with it xxx

Latest posts

Back