What Brand Nail Polish Do You Use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
Am doing a bit of research into the nail polish brands i should consider using on my clients to be. My nail technician uses Jessica, which I like but its a little expensive as I will need to buy several colours to be able to offer a good range.

SO, what is your advice? Is there anything else out there I can use? What do you use?

and if money was no object, which brand would you use?

wishing you all a fantastic week in the world of nail and beauty.

tigi

xxxxxxxxxxx

I like Essie and Marvala

I love jessica, the finish is fab and it lasts. I have my toes painted at the min and it still looks fab after 8 weeks, not a chip insite, and still is of a high gloss and fresh look. I have been using their products for quite a while now , and the only quirk i have with them is regarding polishing finger nails. Yes the product last ages on finger nails, but takes forever to dry. Obviously women today do not have a spare two to three hours to allow them to dry completly, so am starting to think about using creative and or apttitude polishes with a uv over lay for protection over the top and just use jessica for toes, or if clients want it on there fingers
hth x

there are loads of good professional brand polishes, it's personal preference really, you'll find one you really like.
i use the creative ones because i like to use a full system of products and i use creative mani/pedi/enhancement products.
x

I normally get opi, due to my new job i work with Ciatè!! There products all smell lovely :)

i use jessica & its fab great colours and the finish lasts ages!!!!

Hi there, i use Creative and Spa-ritual, my clients love both and so do i x

I have used many:

Jessica - very nice finish but as said already, took ages to dry and polish went gloopy in the bottle after a while.
Zoya - quite nice, good range
China Glaze - again quite nice, good range of colours
OPI - I have only about 4 of their new glitters

But I mainly use Creative now as I have never had a bottle go gloopy, the coverage is good and the colour range is also very good.

Spa-ritual for me, my clients love it. They are always commenting on how long it lasts, especially on enhancements, it's like permanent polish!!

Great colours too, and very classy!!

I use Jessica and Essie both have a fab range of colours and are long lasting.

Hiya,

I used to use Attitude polishes as they were excellent value for money and goreous colours too, but unfortunately did not last as long as I'd hoped. :|
So have just last week bought some OPI polishes and I'm so impressed with them. Even without a base or top coat (naughty I know but was in a rush for work!) they last for a good few days! And of course they have some gorgeous colours! :green:

D* xXx

I know not everyone will agree with this but I use whatever I like. I don't just have willy nilly brands all over the place but if I see a colour range that I like and when I try it the coverage is good, it dries ok and is easy to apply and lasts then I get them.

I have some opi, lots of essie (french favourite) and sparitual (loving their new winter range), misa have great coverage and their black is amazing and I also have some CND (2007 spring which was my free gift with scratch subscription).

I have whichever polishes are good for me and my clients, oh and my daughter!!!

Hi. I just love Spa-Ritual.... just changing over gradually to stock the full range. My clients just love it, they last for ages and the base and top coats are fab including the Tout de Suite the quick dry top coat... high gloss finish. Absolutely fab colours, and are pretty much organic..... which seems to be the in thing at the moment. Considering they are vegan they are just fab.. love them. They have just bought out some fab Christmas packs too... just ordering a load for my clients.... Hope this helps.

Julie

I know not everyone will agree with this but I use whatever I like. I don't just have willy nilly brands all over the place but if I see a colour range that I like and when I try it the coverage is good, it dries ok and is easy to apply and lasts then I get them.

I have some opi, lots of essie (french favourite) and sparitual (loving their new winter range), misa have great coverage and their black is amazing and I also have some CND (2007 spring which was my free gift with scratch subscription).

I have whichever polishes are good for me and my clients, oh and my daughter!!!

Im much the same as you, if I like what I see, then I tend to buy it. In fact I was in Tesco the other day, seen a 'Maxiflex' navy blur colour, bought it for myself, then happened to have it on when I went to a ladies pamper night. Three of the ladies left wearing it, and were chuffed with it too!!
I am into Nubar at the moment though. :green:

sorry to ask my own question, but I wanted to sell OPI or Nubar in my shop. Which make would be better? I can see that many people love OPI but where do you find a wholesaler?

I love Zoya polish, last a long time, clients love it, comes in a wide range of colours. Most important Formaldehyde, Toluene, Camphor and DBP Free!

I use Creative. I love their colour range and find it lasts ages. The price isn't to bad either.

I have a few bottles of OPI but I mostly use Creative, I prefer the brush and have excellent results with the polish. It is a very reasonable price too.

Latest posts

Back